PDA

View Full Version : Sample Bracket 3/4/07

duke2x
03-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Somebody on here asked for access to my Duke-centered bracketology blog. Since it's not publicly available and I have other personal stuff on there, I would prefer to post some of the content instead. I welcome constructive criticism.

East
CHI NO BUFF SPOK
1.WI 2. FL 3. MD 4. NV
8. BC 7. AZ 6. BYU 5. TN
9. Villa. 10. TTU 11. Winth. 12. FSU
16. NEC 15. MAAC 14. MAC 13. Davidson

South
CHI WS COL COL
1. KS 2. UNC 3. Pitt 4. SILL
8. KY 7. Btlr. 6. Vandy 5. Duke
9. MSU 10. Stan. 11. ODU 12. IL
16. PIG 15. Belmt. 14. ORU 13. WR.ST.

Midwest
LEX NO SAC BUFF
1. OSU 2.TAMU 3. WSU 4. Lou
8. USC 7. Crght. 6. ND 5. VT
9. AFA 10. Syr. 11. GT 12. AL
16. MEAC 15. SLND 14. BWST 13. AEST

West
SAC WS LEX SPOK
1. UCLA 2. Gtwn 3. Mem. 4. TX
8. Marq. 7. OR 6. UVA 5. UNLV
9. IN 10. Xav. 11. VCU 12. WCC
16. BSKY 15. Penn. 14. HC 13. SNBLT

A couple thoughts: I tend to be a contrarian from published brackets and the media. I think TN and AZ are underseeded. TN has a great RPI/SOS and lost 3 games without their top scorer. They've won several in a row since he's returned. AZ is similar and has won 3 road games in a row.

As much as the media makes fun of the SEC West, those teams are better than they're given credit for this year. I think Alabama is probably in at 8-8 over Purdue, KSU, or WVU.

The first big bubble upset will be Wright State stealing a bid at the Nutter Center (WSU home court) from Butler. Butler should move down to an 8 if they do.

BYU is seeded differently than I would because of the publicity for Sunday games a couple years ago. That means they would play in the east or west regionals and play in Buffalo, Winston, Lexington, or Sacramento. I flipped AZ and BYU because of it.

dukie8
03-04-2007, 03:03 PM
i agree that arizona is being discounted too much by the "experts." when i think of them, unc getting dunk after dunk comes to mind. however, if you look at who they have beaten, it is pretty impressive:

unlv
memphis
illinois
louisville
sd st
oregon
stanford (twice)
washingston (twice)

yes, they have lost a lot of games but they all were to teams that are either very good or good (ie, no bad losses).