PDA

View Full Version : Chronicle Advisor Gone Away

Karluck
06-20-2010, 09:08 PM
I recall that sometime during the regular season The Chronicle advised Mr. Krzyzewski to bench Kyle Singler. I wonder what happened to that advisor. Have we not heard a follow-up from him/her? How easy it is to know-it-all and know nothing.

Respectfully, Karluck

-jk
06-20-2010, 09:41 PM
Fortunately, K listens to the Chronicle staff about the same as he listens to us. Which is a very good thing.

-jk

Bluedog
06-20-2010, 10:04 PM
I recall that sometime during the regular season The Chronicle advised Mr. Krzyzewski to bench Kyle Singler. I wonder what happened to that advisor. Have we not heard a follow-up from him/her? How easy it is to know-it-all and know nothing.

Respectfully, Karluck

He actually did follow up somewhat in a couple articles I recall...

You [Kyle Singler] should return because at Duke, when a columnist suggests you come off the bench for one or two games to try to break a career-worst slump, your coach says it’s “unbelievable” and fans react as if that writer had proposed revoking your scholarship. Because people you’ve never met leap to your defense to tell that columnist—OK, it was me—that he’s a moron.

http://dukechronicle.com/article/open-letter-kyle-singler

And I can bring up a midseason Singler column that I thought would generate some minor buzz, but instead went viral. Coach K criticized it. Sports Illustrated’s Luke Winn linked to it. Readers responded by saying things like I should be benched, I hadn’t thought before writing and—my personal favorite—I just wanted to make a name for myself [...] In a strange way, the outcry to that Singler column represented several of the things that I said I liked about sports at my interview last August: the passion they evoke and the fact that you don’t know what is going to happen, either within a game or over the course of a season.

http://dukechronicle.com/article/time-hang-em

Doesn't really say he was wrong or anything though....