PDA

View Full Version : Duke fans relate to Lakers fans?

_TheFakeJWill_
06-18-2010, 12:13 AM
It seems to me that all of my Duke friends are Lakers fans and most of my UNC fans are Celts fans. Who were y'all going for? I'd be surprised if most said the Celtics.

LAKERS AND DUKE GOING BACK TO BACK!!!

DevilHorns
06-18-2010, 12:16 AM
It seems to me that all of my Duke friends are Lakers fans and most of my UNC fans are Celts fans. Who were y'all going for? I'd be surprised if most said the Celtics.

Interesting.... I wonder if that parallel is true on a larger scale, though I kind of doubt it.

I was going for the Lakers simply because I can't stand Sheed and KG.... and you know what, Artest is growing on me as a character. Also I'm a Heat fan so I can't go for an Eastern Conf rival like Boston.

Phil Jackson with 11 'ships. Amazing. I like how he was sitting down the last 2 full minutes while even marginal fans watching at home are on their feet.

Greg_Newton
06-18-2010, 12:18 AM

I ended up going for Kobe, but I generally hate Lakers fans. I mean, ya think Duke fans would have booed Bill Russell presenting the championship MVP trophy to their player?

And yes, what does Jackson do with ring #11? Lol@ having more champer rings than fingers.

P.S. That may have been the best postgame speech ever from Artest. "I just wanna thank my hood... my doctor... my psychiatrist, she really helped me relax... AND MY SINGLE! CHAMPIONS! FROM LAST... JUNE! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

theAlaskanBear
06-18-2010, 12:23 AM
I was rooting for the Celtics, for sure. I don't hate Kobe, and I really quite like Gasol and Artest and Fisher and Bynum....what I hate is the Lakers team, the franchise...

blazindw
06-18-2010, 12:24 AM
As a Pistons fan, I'm trained to have severe hatred for the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls and Cavs...and, as of 2005, the Spurs.

4decadedukie
06-18-2010, 07:36 AM
Certainly not all Duke fans relate to Laker fans; Kobe notwithstanding, I can't abide the Lakers, due to the whole "left coast" and "tinseltown" attitude/values they -- and especially their fans -- seem to epitomize. I find the thesis of this thread particularly interesting, due to the Pagliuca family's ownership ties to the Celtics and their strong, multi-generational Duke alumni roots. GO CELTICS (even in defeat).