PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bilas Interview

watzone
06-16-2010, 04:19 PM
http://bluedevilnation.net/2010/06/one-on-one-with-espn-analyst-and-former-blue-devil-jay-bilas/

Jay recaps the season, talks of next year and goes into his love for what he is doing with basketball and ESPN.

hedevil
06-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Good stuff Watzone.

Jay is right. I would take his job in a heartbeat. I hope that he sticks with college broadcasting. Jay is one of the very few broadcasters that I can stand.

I also like the part where he says that this is a different team than last year, and that coach K will evaluate this team at different points throughout the season, therefore, he will make adjustments where needed.;)

chadlee989
06-16-2010, 07:02 PM
Thanks alot watzone. It is so cool that our guys get to come back and hang out and play ball together. That has to be good for recruiting.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Great work, as usual, Watzone!

-bdbd
06-17-2010, 12:38 AM
Great stuff Watzone - thanks, as always.

In actuality you’ve already achieved good things and I’m sure many would die to work with ESPN as a college basketball analyst.
Response: Including me! I mean, I’d trade place with me in a heartbeat. I mean, I love my job...

Classic Jay.

Count me in too -- I'd take that job over what I do in a heartbeat as well, maybe HALF a heartbeat!
;)

4decadedukie
06-17-2010, 07:39 AM
Excellent, THANK YOU.

miramar
06-17-2010, 08:55 AM
I don't think that he has to worry about saying something stupid and having to go back to being a lawyer. I mean, if Digger can survive this long, then Bilas will have no trouble.

Like most other analysts, Jay says that Duke had a good draw in the tournament, but I think that people seem to underestimate Baylor. They won 28 games and played Duke far tougher than West Virginia did. Since everyone was paying attention to Kansas and Kansas State in the (for now) Big XII, Baylor flew under the radar a bit, but they had a really good team.

LSanders
06-17-2010, 08:56 PM
Very cool, Mark ... Thanks for sharing!

Speaking of cool ... How cool is it to be part of the "sixth man" nation when you're represented by Bilas, Grant, JD, JWill, Shane, and, obviously, the list just goes on and on and on!!

I liked what he said about what a great experience it is for him to get to know so many high quality guys that come through the program. As much as I love the 4 (and counting) banners, I'm even more grateful for coach's unerring eye for bringing in men who will make all of us proud for years and years to come.