PDA

View Full Version : The Spider, the Ogre and the Pirate

BlueDiablo
05-25-2007, 11:20 AM
I loved the first Pirate movie. I went to see it without expecting much and was overwhelmed at how much fun your basic swashbuckling pirate movie can be. The second one, which I didn't see until it came out on DVD sort of had the opposite effect on me. I really wanted to like it and, while it wasn't exactly a bad movie, it was a mess. It was bloated, over long, relied way too much on special effects, and didn't really grab me the way the first one did. Reviews (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/pirates_of_the_caribbean_3/) for the third movie make me think it will be a lot more like the second movie (but more of it) than the first movie. That's disappointing.

This summer seems to be the summer of wildly successful, yet ultimately disappointing, movie blockbuster sequels that kill on opening weekend, but fizzle after that.

Then again, that's how most summers have been for the last decade.

MrBisonDevil
05-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Spider = Loved It (but I like comic superhero movies)!
The Scottish-ish Ogre = It Was OK; I agree with Rottentomatoes.
The Arrggg People = I'm a little disappointed to see the Rottentomatos reviews. I'll see the movie but I'm not going to be an opening weekend viewer (like I was with 'Spiderman' & '300').