PDA

View Full Version : Presale Tix for Duke v. Butler at IZOD Center

Rich
06-11-2010, 10:44 AM
http://izodcenter.com/Events/Duke_vs__Butler.aspx

Presale from June 11 at 10am to June 13 at 10pm.
Code: ACCESS

NCAA Basketball Doubleheader
Army vs. Penn - Noon
Duke vs. Butler - 3:30 PM

Just Announced: Army and Penn has been added as the first game of the day's doubleheader.

Tickets for the doubleheader are $78.50

Tickets go on sale to the general public Monday, June 14 at 11 am.

Nacho
06-11-2010, 10:46 AM
The pre sale started this morning for the Duke-Butler game

Use the code ACCESS to get access to the pre-sale

Right now the best seats showing are upstairs in the tenth row , even with basket

$75 plus a $3.50 "facility charge" and a $12.50 Ticketmaster extortion fee.

izodcenter.com or ticketmaster.com

jdj4duke
06-11-2010, 12:42 PM
They got worse from there. Now 2 or 3 sections behind the basket.

Kewlswim
06-11-2010, 12:55 PM
Hi,

That no matter how expensive the seats get these games are usually shown on TV. I look forward to watching it at home. I am so sick of this fee and that fee being added on to tickets. It is one thing if that money went to Duke (and Butler, and Army, and Penn), but so that money lines the pockets of an organization like Ticketmaster is just, well, gross.

GO DUKE!

weezie
06-11-2010, 02:29 PM
They got worse from there. Now 2 or 3 sections behind the basket.

But that's where the Iron Dukes always make me sit!
I guess our donation will get us up in the rafters, well behind those sweet second level tenth row numbers. :(

ChicagoCrazy84
06-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Yeah, pretty lame. I was going to get row 9's, but decided against it. Will Duke get an allotment that they'll be selling? I got some good lowers, on the baseline for Duke/Iowa St last year from Duke. I never know how it works.

A presale, I thought there would be much better ones that they'd be releasing. Or did all those get snatched up in the first 30 of the presale? Anyone want to provide some insight?

jdj4duke
06-11-2010, 03:33 PM
My two alum buddies and I were planning to go, but we now figure that for the cost of getting there and the six tickets (taking wives, daughters, etc) we could instead just buy the biggest baddest hi-def TV known to humankind and watch all the games. Laying out essentially $100 for the bleeder seats, esp, looking at the rear of the backboard, just isn't appealing. I anticipated that this early we clearly might not get floor level, but at least something with a view of the court without having to look through or over a backboard.

Rich
06-11-2010, 04:58 PM
Yeah, pretty lame. I was going to get row 9's, but decided against it. Will Duke get an allotment that they'll be selling? I got some good lowers, on the baseline for Duke/Iowa St last year from Duke. I never know how it works.

A presale, I thought there would be much better ones that they'd be releasing. Or did all those get snatched up in the first 30 of the presale? Anyone want to provide some insight?

I don't have any insights, but I got 2 tix not far from half court, 6th row, on the second level. I logged in exactly at 10am.

CrazyNotCrazie
06-11-2010, 05:10 PM
If the tickets through Iron Dukes are similarly priced (with or without the fees), this is where I draw the line. I have really enjoyed having the games in metro-NY for the past 5-10 years, but every year the price goes up and up. Now that Hayward is gone, Butler really isn't that compelling of an opponent. There is very little atmosphere in the Izod Center to begin with, and it is even worse when it is half empty, which is likely to be the case at these prices. When we played Xavier there in late 2008 tickets were similarly priced and it was barely half full. I'm not going to spend that kind of money and venture out to the swamp in the cold - my couch or a local bar will work perfectly well.

ChicagoCrazy84
06-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I got screwed. I bit the bullet and jumped on 4 about 3 hours ago in 231, row 12. Now I see that they released some in a mirror section and 4th row. I don't know why I jumped on these, that was dumb. They'll probably keep releasing some and prices will lower because like the above poster said, its the IZOD Center and the atmosphere is not that great. Im probably just going to dump these I got on StubHub for dirt cheap and hopefully get rid of them and catch another release. Stupid Ticketmaster!!! Hopefully with Kyrie Irving coming back home in a Duke jersey will help draw and the fact that tickets will be good for both games will help draw as well.

Again though, stupid Ticketmaster!!

kmmk
06-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Hi,
I'm trying to decide whether to do this game or hold out for something at MSG.

What are the chances they do a late December 2010 Saturday afternoon game at MSG like last seasons Gonzaga game?

As for this game, the Ticketmaster prices are obviously cheaper than Stubhub. I hate all the fees, too, but I'd still go for whatever is cheaper. I did a search just for one seat and found one in a corner section that wouldn't be obstructed by a scoreboard so there's hope out there for those still searching.

Anyway, I'd appreciate everyone's theories on an MSG game so I can decide which game to shoot for.
xxKelly

77devil
06-11-2010, 11:35 PM

Duke makes tickets available first to Iron Dukes and alumni usually in a September announcement IIRC.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-12-2010, 09:23 AM
http://izodcenter.com/Events/Duke_vs__Butler.aspx

Presale from June 11 at 10am to June 13 at 10pm.
Code: ACCESS

NCAA Basketball Doubleheader
Army vs. Penn - Noon
Duke vs. Butler - 3:30 PM

Just Announced: Army and Penn has been added as the first game of the day's doubleheader.

Tickets for the doubleheader are $78.50
Crap. I hate that they made it a double header. Not going to go to that game anyway and hate having to pay for it. I'll leave at 0-dark-30 to drive up Saturday morning, weather permitting.

As for a game at MSG later in the month, don't count on it - this is our "home" game in the NYC area for the year.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-12-2010, 09:24 AM
Duke makes tickets available first to Iron Dukes and alumni usually in a September announcement IIRC.
They will be offered with the season ticket renewal package and to the Iron Duke's in general. :cool: