PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to watch the Blue Devils next year?

billyj
06-08-2010, 03:37 AM
Hi, I am wondering what's the best service (cable/satellite) package to get? So I wouldn't miss a game. I will be live in an apartment off campus. Thanks in advance.

Devilsfan
06-08-2010, 06:50 AM
There's no way anything can be better than supporting your team by attending their games.

weezie
06-08-2010, 07:41 AM
DirecTV seemed to have it all, in addition to a hefty monthly charge.

OZZIE4DUKE
06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
There's no way anything can be better than supporting your team by attending their games.
My suggestion too :D:cool:

Did you know that Crazie Towel Guy attended EVERY Duke home game, in every sport, men's and women's, this past year? From the first game in September through the end of May, every game. Man, that is dedication (and something on his bucket list). :cool:

billyj
06-08-2010, 10:32 AM
I didn't think it was possible to get ticket to every home game. From what I heard you have to join a pool to share the tickets. Also there are away games. Is there any way to watch them via stream? I might have to get the directTV package, what about other satellite providers?

amazinballer323
06-08-2010, 12:46 PM
I live in California so I dont know if blackouts would apply where you're at with some games, but I've been able to watch every Duke game for the last few years with the exception of the occasional early season game against some cupcakes. Every ACC game is on either ESPN, CBS, or some form of Comcast Sportsnet for me.

If worse comes to worse, ESPN 3 should have the game

billyj
06-08-2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the infos, guys!

CoBlueDevil
06-08-2010, 01:00 PM
DirecTV seemed to have it all, in addition to a hefty monthly charge.

I can agree with this. I just payed this hefty bill!!

theAlaskanBear
06-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I live in California so I dont know if blackouts would apply where you're at with some games, but I've been able to watch every Duke game for the last few years with the exception of the occasional early season game against some cupcakes. Every ACC game is on either ESPN, CBS, or some form of Comcast Sportsnet for me.

If worse comes to worse, ESPN 3 should have the game

Ditto, I rarely ever miss a Duke game, on basic cable...ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS, etc etc....

ESPN showed over 19 games last regular season, CBS 3, FSN 6, Raycom 1 exclusive, the rest are shared with espn for those outside fo raycom area. The Radford game was the only untelevised game last year....and that was at home, as all the early season cupcakes.

magjayran
06-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Are you living in or around Durham? I've got Time Warner Cable's standard DVR service and I only missed the one game that wasn't televised at all.

jv001
06-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Are you living in or around Durham? I've got Time Warner Cable's standard DVR service and I only missed the one game that wasn't televised at all.

Same here in Winston Salem, NC...Go Duke!