PDA

View Full Version : Andy Borman update

jimsumner
06-01-2010, 09:44 PM
From Duke press release

" IMG Academies today announced the appointment of Andy Borman to the position of IMG Basketball Academy director.

An IMG Academies’ alumnus, Borman will lead the IMG Basketball Academy, which has trained some of the nation’s elite high school, college and NBA players.

“Andy possesses a strong business knowledge and athletic background, combined with deep-rooted connections to the youth basketball scene,” said Sam Zussman, Managing Director of IMG Academies. “I’m very excited for what Andy brings to the Academy.”

After IMG Academies, Borman attended Duke University, where he was a four-year letterman for the Duke men’s basketball team that won an NCAA championship in 2001 and a three-year starter for the men’s soccer team. Most recently, Andy served as the founder and director of The Athlete Within Basketball School and Illinois Old School AAU Program. Previously, Andy was the Director of Basketball Operations at San Jose State University and the Director of Player Development at University of California at Berkeley. Borman is also the nephew of Duke University men’s basketball coach, Mike Krzyzewski.

“I am extremely proud to return to IMG Academies,” Borman said. “This is the best youth training facility in the world, and I look forward to working with all of the incredible coaches. Being a graduate of IMG Academies in 1999, I truly believe in everything that IMG Academies does to prepare our student-athletes for a successful transition into the next phase of their lives.” "