PDA

View Full Version : Jon Scheyer Signing info

DukeKeith
06-01-2010, 08:00 AM
I see Jonny Scheyer, coming of his visit with the team to the White House, is doing an official public signing in the Chicago area on June 19th. It is near his home in Northbrook, in a town called Winnetka. Looks like there will be some cool items signed including photos of him at Cameron Indoor, the Duke Goodfellas poster and jerseys.

The website is bleacherssports.com.

I will definitely be there, but you can order stuff or send-in items too.

DukeKeith
06-02-2010, 07:53 AM
BTW - I got their phone number: 847-441-7767.
Nice gal on the other end.:)

DukeKeith
06-02-2010, 11:44 PM
Anyone know where you can get the Duke 'Goodfellas' poster?

DukeKeith
06-04-2010, 08:41 AM
Picked up a Goodfellas poster on Ebay. It was not inexpensive, but I think signed by Scheyer it will be sweet!

DukeKeith
06-08-2010, 07:33 AM
I'm hearing 3 NBA Teams have shown an interest in Scheyer:
LA Lakers
Boston Celtics
Utah Jazz
All 3 make sense to me. Who wouldn't want a 6'5" point guard who's skills keep getting better, is coachable, can shoot the 3 and doesn't have a posse?

I see Jonny Scheyer, coming off his visit with the team to the White House, is doing an official public signing in the Chicago area on June 19th. It is near his home in Northbrook, in a town called Winnetka. Looks like there will be some cool items signed including photos of him at Cameron Indoor, the Duke Goodfellas poster and jerseys.

The website is bleacherssports.com.

I will definitely be there, but you can order stuff or send-in items too.

Dukefan4ever14
06-09-2010, 09:39 AM
I've been to the store before where Jon Scheyer is signing. It is sweet. They had Luol Deng there for his only signing ever. The have a rep of getting the first and the best signers plus the store has the nicest memorabilia. I was there for Deng. They try to set it up where if you bring a camera, you can maybe get a picture with the signer. Also, I know I couldn't make it one time when they had Ditka for a signing and it's pretty easy to place a mail order.

DukeKeith
06-10-2010, 08:10 AM
This was just listed in the Chicago Sun-Times today in Elliott Harris' coulmn:

COLLECTIBLES CORNER: Watch for signs of Scheyer
Former Duke and Glenbrook North basketball standout Jon Scheyer will have an autograph signing June 19 from 3 to 5 p.m. at Bleachers Sports, 557 Chestnut, Winnetka. Phone: 1-847-441-7767.

Autograph ticket information is available at www.bleacherssports.com.

WeepingThomasHill
06-14-2010, 04:30 PM
I just spoke to the good folks at Bleacher's Sports - sounds like this will be a great in-store signing at reasonable prices. Nice way to show some support for Jon and pick up a signed championship souvenir.

jimrowe0
06-16-2010, 02:08 PM
The deadline for ordering over the phone is approaching according to an email I got from the owner today. I called in today and ordered the sports illustrated to be signed and shipped to me. Very nice people and trusted seller.

The phone number to order is
847-441-7767

Bluedog
06-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Wait, so it costs $30 to get Jon's signature if I bring in an item, right? I was just planning on having him sign the front page of The Chronicle UN-FOUR-GETTABLE edition as well as my championship game ticket. If I bring those in on Saturday, are they going to charge me $60 for two signatures? Or are they saying it's $30 to buy items from them with the signature...Or I'm not allowed to bring in my own item?

jimrowe0
06-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Not sure, give them a call. I don't think it cost anything if your bringing in your own stuff, but I don't know.

Bluedog
06-16-2010, 04:18 PM
Not sure, give them a call. I don't think it cost anything if your bringing in your own stuff, but I don't know.

Just called, you have to pay if you bring in an item. $30 for each small item....I at least hope the majority of that money is going to Jon! ;)

WeepingThomasHill
06-17-2010, 12:19 PM
bump

DukeKeith
06-17-2010, 05:13 PM
As I understand it, Jon will get the majority of that 30.00. The idea is to make this a successful venture for him so that going forward he will be able to make this a part of his livelihood. Besides, if you're going to a nice place for signed items where you are able to meet the player, that is almost always going to cost you, --unless the signature has no value in which case why would you want it. You have to assume it will cost this guy money to run a signing, pay employees and pay Scheyer. What's the beef?

WeepingThomasHill
06-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Bluedog, as an fyi - any time you go to an in-store signing, the signatures always cost money, whether you bring your own items in, or buy them there. The prices for the Scheyer signing at Bleacher's are very fair. But, the advantage is you get to meet the athlete - isn't it worth $30 to get a sig and thank Scheyer for bringing Duke Banner 4?

Bluedog
06-18-2010, 05:27 PM
I wasn't complaining; I was just reporting the news. Most signings I have been to are book signings - buy the book (or bring it in), get a signature for free. That's what happened with Coach K in Chicago. The signature didn't cost extra. Obviously, Jon doesn't have a book so can't do it that way. But a book is like $7 and you get something to read as opposed to $30 and nothing to read. I don't expect Jon and the store to do it for free of course; obviously they have to make a profit as they are taking time to organize it. I was hoping that I could get Jon to sign my championship ticket and the front page of the Chronicle. For that extra two seconds of writing, it'd cost me $60 according to the person I spoke with on the phone. So, I apparently have to choose which is more important....or dish out the $60. As I said, I understand why they're doing it and just wanted to relay the info to others ahead of time.

WiJoe
06-18-2010, 05:34 PM
cost is excessive

DukeKeith
06-19-2010, 03:53 AM
With all due respect, --based on what? Costs of other star athletes at public signings? What items are already selling for in the open market? Your ability to afford?

30.00 is right in line and in most cases less than star athletes make for signings. And yes, --Jon is a star. He Captained a Championship team where there is only 1 Champion each year.

Check on Ebay, --the price of Scheyer and 2010 Duke signed items in the marketplace is more than double what this cost is, and yes, --you do get to meet the athlete. Some auctions for signed Sports Illustrateds and 'Goodfellas' posters have exceed $100.00.

Big Pappa
06-20-2010, 03:30 PM
But a book is like $7 and you get something to read as opposed to $30 and nothing to read.

What brand new, highly touted, hardback books are you buying for $7?

Bluedog
06-20-2010, 03:39 PM
What brand new, highly touted, hardback books are you buying for $7?

http://www.amazon.com/Gold-Standard-Building-World-Class-Team/dp/044654406X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277062641&sr=8-2

Ok, not $7, but $10. ;) Not hardcover though, but the paperback version was already out at the time of the signing. The hardcover version costs $14.

DukeKeith
06-21-2010, 08:58 AM
I guess when Scheyer writes a book, you can pick one up for $10 or whatever.

On another note, --I was at the signing. It was awesome. Jon was there with his Mom, Dad, Uncles, Aunts cousins, etc. Mom and Dad held court in the front of the store and talked to any and all. Bleachers is different than any other store for a signing as they make everyone wait outside and let a few in at a time. When it's your turn, you get to spend a 1 on1 moment with the athlete (Jon!), and he was as gracious and welcoming as could be!.

They have a chair right next to him at the table, and if you brought a camera, you could have a seat, and they would take a picture of you with Jon.

The items they had for Jon to sign were the ultimate: A great 8X10 or 16X20 of Jon taking a jump-shot at Cameron Indoor with the stadium's sign visible by the scorer's table, and the American Flag lit up on the wall in the background! How cool is that?

Another photo in 11X14 and 16X20 was of Jon (somewhat blurred) with his back to the camera taking a free-throw, while the Crazies in the stands behind the backboard are in sharp focus and you can see every detail of every Duke fanatical! It's an insane photo, and Jon took one for his own keeping.

Then there was the Goodfellas poster. Jon signed his name and then included an inscription on each of these. Inscriptions included '2010 NCAA Champs', or '2010 Captain'

He signed like 100 Sports Illustrateds from the 4/12 edition.

And finally - they had jerseys with the Scheyer name on the back and he included one of the 2 inscriptions listed above on each one.

Check the Chicago Sun-Times on tuesday as Elliott Harris was there, interviewed Jon and his parents and took some great pictures. That's at www.chicagosuntimes.com, go to the sports section and find Elliott Harris' column.

PS - there were a ton of Duke fans that came through there wearing all types of paraphernalia! I saw one kid didn't have $30 to get his basketball signed, --they gave him a free auto.

Dukefan4ever14
06-21-2010, 09:43 AM
All I can say is Scheyer rules! He is the nicest guy, humble, funny. He let us take pictures, (my daughter, step-son, self), and it wasn't just a pose. He put his arm around each one of us with a big smile! There were tons of Duke fans, and why not? He is the Captain of the 2010 Championship team and will always be remembered. There were 2 Iron Dukes there talking to everybody in line. I was just going to get 2 8X10's for the kids ($30.00 each), but the photos were so cool, I got a 16X20 of Jon Shooting at CIS, and the photo of him taking a free-throw! That is a must have for any fan who has ever been to a game at Cameron. I splurged and got a jersey for my son's birthday coming in Sept.. He signed Jon Scheyer on the '3', and at the bottom of the '0' he signed 2010 NCAA Champs and at the top of the '0' he signed the word 'Captain'. It cost $145.00 and was the best Duke item I have ever seen! What is that worth today? You tell me!