PDA

View Full Version : Duke vs Kentucky---the end of BBall season?

ricks68
06-01-2010, 02:28 AM
(Taken from what I wrote in another thread)

Since BBQ is being brought up at this time, is the BBall season now officially over?:( I mean, I really have no intention of ever letting go, but is it now officially over?

The guys shared their last meal together. They went on their last trip together (to the White House). Coach K officially announced that it was their their last time together. Now, we are already into a BBQ thread.

I guess that's it.:(

I'm getting depressed----------please send really GOOD (Lexington #1 or 12 Bones) BBQ to me. I think I am losing my powers-------------------------------------------------I can't get to Lockhart in time.

r i c k s

4decadedukie
06-01-2010, 06:36 AM
There are many DBR participants who remember great teams, student-athletes, victories and Titles from decades past. As long as we -- and they -- never forget this season, our Championship, and the unique confluence of elements that is Duke Men's Basketball at its very best, this season will live in perpetuity.

Shakespeare's Saint Crispin 's Day speech from Henry V may be the most-artful way to express this:
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered --
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

The essence of our 2009-2010 team was -- and is -- is a Band of Brothers, who excelled, who overcame adversity, who continuously improved, who were selfless, who never gave up, who performed synergistically, AS A TEAM, at levels beyond their best individual potential. The players, coaches and program staff obviously are central to this, but the thousands of "Sixth Men" worldwide are also very small parts of it, too.

Indoor66
06-01-2010, 08:34 AM
There are many DBR participants who remember great teams, student-athletes, victories and Titles from decades past. As long as we -- and they -- never forget this season, our Championship, and the unique confluence of elements that is Duke Men's Basketball at its very best, this season will live in perpetuity.

Shakespeare's Saint Crispin 's Day speech from Henry V may be the most-artful way to express this:
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered --
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

The essence of our 2009-2010 team was -- and is -- is a Band of Brothers, who excelled, who overcame adversity, who continuously improved, who were selfless, who never gave up, who performed synergistically, AS A TEAM, at levels beyond their best individual potential. The players, coaches and program staff obviously are central to this, but the thousands of "Sixth Men" worldwide are also very small parts of it, too.

Beautifully said and a sentiment I can agree with.

JBDuke
06-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Besides, who waits until the season is over to talk barbeque? That's a great topic year-round, not a sign of the end of the season!