PDA

View Full Version : State loses pair

jimsumner
05-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Knew about Mays. But Davis is a bit of a surprise. A Raleigh kid, recruited to be a complementary player, who turned out to be a pretty decent complementary player.

Anyway-Portions of NCSU Press Release

NC State head coach Sidney Lowe announced today that forward Josh Davis has decided to transfer from NC State.

Davis played in 31 games this past season, including a pair of ACC starts, but did not see action the final five games of the season. The local product from Athens Drive High School averaged 2.6 points and 1.7 rebounds in 10.4 minutes per game as a freshman.

“Josh was one of the hardest workers we had this past season,” said Lowe. “Whenever he was inserted into the game something positive seemed to happen. Josh just expressed to me that he feels like he could have better opportunities at another school. We wish him nothing but the best.”

Lowe also announced that guard Julius Mays has decided to transfer. Mays reached the decision a few weeks ago, but wanted to complete his spring semester at NC State before an announcement was made.

“We appreciate the time and effort that Julius put in with us during his time here, both on and off the court,” said Lowe. “We sat down and talked for a long time after the season, and he feels he might be able to find some better opportunities closer to home. I wish him nothing but the best.”

During his two seasons at NC State, Mays played in 58 games and made six starts as the Pack’s back-up point guard both seasons. He averaged 4.7 points in 17.2 minutes of action, and hit 85.7 percent (78-91) of his career free throw attempts.

Davis has not indicated where he will transfer, while according to the Dayton Daily News, Mays will transfer to Wright State."

wolfpackdevil
05-18-2010, 10:40 PM
I really like the effort that Mays and Davis put into the program at NC State, and best of luck to them at their future schools.

But these are not bad losses for NCSU. It relieves the pressure to play too many guys for Sid, and it doesn't hurt their depth at all. They are still set at PG with Gonzalez and Harrow. They are set at SG with CJ Williams, and Lorenzo Brown. And they are fine at SF with guys like Scott Wood, CJ Leslie, and Johnny Thomas.

This just give coach Lowe 2 more available scholarships that he can play with.