PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten - best conference next year?

houstondukie
05-08-2010, 07:16 PM
I think so, especially now that J. Johnson and E. Moore have decided to return to Purdue, and D. McCamey and M. Davis have also decided to return to Illinois.

Michigan State, Ohio State (lose Evan Turner but return 4 startes and add loaded recruiting class lead by Jared Sullinger), Purdue, and Illinois will all be ranked highly throughout the year IMO.

Newton_14
05-08-2010, 07:35 PM
I think so, especially now that J. Johnson and E. Moore have decided to return to Purdue, and D. McCamey and M. Davis have also decided to return to Illinois.

Michigan State, Ohio State (lose Evan Turner but return 4 startes and add loaded recruiting class lead by Jared Sullinger), Purdue, and Illinois will all be ranked highly throughout the year IMO.

I am not ready to concede that just yet. The ACC is going to be pretty stout at the top, especially if the dump on the hump works out their issues. With Duke, Va Tech, and State, there is a lot of talent. Throw in the heeleo's with the prince and that is 1 top 5 team with the other 3 likely in the top 25. Miami could make noise and I think FSU will make noise.

The rest are works in progress but the ACC will hold it's own and be a favorite for a 3rd straight title..

SMO
05-08-2010, 07:37 PM

Depends how you look at it. In terms of the most teams with a shot to win it all, I'd say Big 10 is the leader. In terms of top to bottom quality the ACC is usually pretty solid.

ScreechTDX1847
05-08-2010, 08:29 PM
Fsu should win20+games. Sidney will have to prove they can win regardless of the talent he has.

dukemsu
05-10-2010, 12:25 AM
I think the Big 10 is right there with the ACC next year. Duke's the #1 overall to start, but Purdue and MSU will right behind, and the best team by the end may be Ohio State with Sullinger stepping into the post and several other frosh coming in. Matta is among the best coaches at getting maximum returns from freshmen right away. They will also be able to fly under the radar.

The Big 10 will likely beat each other up, so by the end of the season, they may not have a #1 seed, or one at most. Out of Purdue, MSU, and OSU you have teams likely to compete for 1 and 2 seeds. Illinois and Wisconsin will compete as well.

And Northwestern can break their tournament-less streak with the return of Kevin Coble.

dukemsu