PDA

View Full Version : ACC players pulling out of draft

JasonEvans
05-07-2010, 11:37 PM
Good news for Va Tech.

Malcolm Delaney is officially pulling his name out (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5172292) of the draft.

This move elevates Va Tech to the top tier of the conference. With Tracy Smith of NC State also pulling out, those two teams would both figure to be the leading challengers to Duke next season alongside the hated Tar Heels (who are talented if not all that deep).

Anyway, if Seth does not make the dance this coming year -- with extra bubble teams allowed in and his best roster in years -- then he should think long adn hard about his future as an ACC coach.

-Jason "nice that the ESPN article on Delaney says he will be one of the top 2 guards in the league next year -- along with Nolan Smith" Evans

Big Pappa
05-08-2010, 01:07 AM
Good news for Va Tech.

Malcolm Delaney is officially pulling his name out (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5172292) of the draft.

This move elevates Va Tech to the top tier of the conference. With Tracy Smith of NC State also pulling out, those two teams would both figure to be the leading challengers to Duke next season alongside the hated Tar Heels (who are talented if not all that deep).

Anyway, if Seth does not make the dance this coming year -- with extra bubble teams allowed in and his best roster in years -- then he should think long adn hard about his future as an ACC coach.

-Jason "nice that the ESPN article on Delaney says he will be one of the top 2 guards in the league next year -- along with Nolan Smith" Evans

Nice little article. I like to think that he will be one of the three top guards in the ACC next year with Nolan and KI.

I agree that this puts State and Va Tech at the top of the conference (behind Duke of course). I think UNC may end up there, but they certainly shouldn't start there.

-bdbd
05-08-2010, 01:31 AM
Nice little article. I like to think that he will be one of the three top guards in the ACC next year with Nolan and KI.

I agree that this puts State and Va Tech at the top of the conference (behind Duke of course). I think UNC may end up there, but they certainly shouldn't start there.

Nice stroke for Nolan. It'll be interesting to see how he's treated in the All-ACC voting next year if his stats go DOWN - due to increased Duke G depth and NS getting slightly fewer minutes - but while he and Duke still have a great year.

I'm with you guys. Duke seems a prohibitive ACC favorite going into next season :D - so much so that I've said on these boards that it'll say a lot about any anti-Duke bias of some in the ACC media :mad: if any/many vote Duke lower down in the preseason ratings. But the top-tier group (behind Duke) appears to be VPI, NCSU, NC@CH, and maybe FSU and/or Miami, roughly in that order. Those are also the teams I'd expect to make the NCAAT. Interesting that 2 of the "top-tier" teams we're picking are going to be heavily reliant on the play of freshmen for their move from the very bottom in 09-10 to near the top in 10-11. Sorta a commentary on the state of the game today... :o

Boy, wouldn't that be a hoot to see VPI in second place in the ACC standings come March?!