PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Singler Gives Back

Neals384
05-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Nice article in today's Medford Mail Tribune about Kyle's charitable work here in Medford.

This weekend is the fourth annual Kyle Singler Southern Oregon Open youth basketball tournament, for 6th thru 8th grades. Proceeds benefit Kids Unlimited in Medford.

"Another part of the festivities will be the Cota-Singler Auction, which begins at 5 tonight in the front portion of Kids Unlimited. The joint venture between Singler and former NFL standout and Ashland {Oregon} native Chad Cota helps raise funds for Kids Unlimited and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Cole said the groups netted around $40,000 between the two organizations a year ago."

http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100507/SPORTS/5070331

basket1544
05-08-2010, 01:26 PM
This is the reason I like Duke basketball players so much. They give back and help their communities become better.

4decadedukie
05-08-2010, 05:00 PM
This is the reason I like Duke basketball players so much. They give back and help their communities become better.

. . . and they become better, too.

cptnflash
05-10-2010, 03:09 AM
Kyle also helps out around campus by looking after the lemurs.

SupaDave
05-10-2010, 09:02 PM
He also has a basketball tourney. Kyle is way ahead of the game. Big things will happen for him.

Newton_14
05-10-2010, 09:20 PM
He has put on this tourney each summer since becoming a Blue Devil and the tourney has grown each year. I agree with Supa that Kyle is ahead of the game in this aspect of life. Just imagine what he will do with projects like this once he has the NBA millions in his pocket and endorsement deals. I imagine he will take it to a whole nother level.

It is great to see stories like this. I applaud Kyle and the amount of time and effort he puts in this project each year. Good stuff.