PDA

View Full Version : Just Thought I'd Share

PSurprise
05-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Here's my son McClain. He'll be six months old in about 2 weeks...Had a nice shirt on for a great day in the mountains. Unfortunately, his mother and in-laws root for that other team so it's a constant struggle to make sure he's put in the proper attire. It's not an easy task to "lose" so much UNC paraphernalia all the time. :)

chi
05-06-2010, 07:54 PM
cool. many more to come ... thanks for sharing.

weezie
05-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Well, of course he has to wear the Duke shirt with those huge Duke Blue eyes!
He's adorable! Looks like a future football player. :)

4decadedukie
05-06-2010, 09:03 PM
A wonderful picture, but beware: A house divided cannot stand."
:D

DukeGirl4ever
05-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Too cute! I ordered that same shirt for my 2 year old daughter and it still hasn't arrived....:mad:
Thanks for reminding me to call the Duke stores tomorrow! :)

PSurprise
05-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Well, of course he has to wear the Duke shirt with those huge Duke Blue eyes!
He's adorable! Looks like a future football player. :)

Yeah, I'm thinking offensive tackle or a defensive end. Definitely not going to be a wide receiver if he keeps up this pace.

hedevil
05-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Congratulations on your baby boy.

He's already off to a good start in life. GO DEVIL'S!!!

DukieInKansas
05-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Here's my son McClain. He'll be six months old in about 2 weeks...Had a nice shirt on for a great day in the mountains. Unfortunately, his mother and in-laws root for that other team so it's a constant struggle to make sure he's put in the proper attire. It's not an easy task to "lose" so much UNC paraphernalia all the time. :)

He is a cutie and has great taste in clothes. I have complete faith in your ability to lose the light blue clothing that may be in your house. You could use them for burp clothes for the young man.

DevilHorns
05-06-2010, 10:48 PM
He is a cutie and has great taste in clothes. I have complete faith in your ability to lose the light blue clothing that may be in your house. You could use them for burp clothes for the young man.

Or diapers :D

Dukeface88
05-07-2010, 02:25 AM
Or diapers :D

Or kindling.

oldnavy
05-07-2010, 06:51 AM
A wonderful picture, but beware: A house divided cannot stand."
:D

Oh yes it can! My wife and I have been together 30 years and we are polar opposites (me Duke, she UNC). She is almost as zealous as I am so it isn't just a mind rivalry. We have had many fights (more like yelling matches followed by days of pouting) over games, coaches, players etc.. Now we do not watch the Duke/UNC game in the same room (started about year 3 of the marriage). Helps a lot, but there is still friction. Her and my son were the most un-fun people to be around in Greensboro this year I could think off. I finally convinced them not to go to Sunday's game just so I could give the tics to my brother and his wife (Duke fans). I was able to enjoy the games without the depressed sitting next to me!

It can be tough, but Love conquers all!!

weezie
05-07-2010, 03:56 PM
It can be tough, but Love conquers all!!

Good for you! If I wasn't married to a fellow Duke grad, I'm sure I would be one tough cookie to live with...er, not that I'm not anyway, but you get the gist...
Heck, hoops season is the time of year when we are lockstep in tune with each other!

PSurprise
05-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Well, we've been together for 12 years now since we were both freshmen in college. Fortunately, the in-laws are more basketball nuts than my wife so we're pretty cordial to one another February/March. She of course, yells at me for yelling at the TV during games, but that's about the extent of her unpleasantries. The in-laws annoy me even more though because they say they root for Duke except when they play UNC. Pbbbbbbbbbbbbt! Blasphemy! How can that be possible??? "It's one or the other, no exceptions" I tell them, but they don't buy it. Unfortunately, my wife's in-laws (my folks) are 3.5 hours east in Durham and have to show support through the mail (including the shirt above). But I promise to make sure he's not confused when he's old enough to make the proper decisions about who to root for. Guaranteed. :)