PDA

View Full Version : IC Makes Me Laugh

DonnyDevil
05-06-2010, 10:31 AM
So I normally just read the boards and do not post anything. I often go to IC when I need a good laugh, with all their conspiracy theories regarding K and Duke (National Champs if anyone forgot)

I was reading about the Wear twins transfer and the meltdown it's causing on IC when I came across a post which I thought was worthy of me making my first post on DBR.

According to Henson's twitter on the twins leaving : "its all good though, because now roy got room to bring a couple more thoroughbreds to the stable".

Thoroughbreds?!?!? We can only hope Roy will continue to bring in the type "Thoroughbreds" he did last season... and does Henson really consider himself a Thoroughbred?

airowe
05-06-2010, 10:39 AM
He has often been compared to a baby horse trying to learn how to walk. Maybe he's not too far off.

billyj
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
He did play for a top 5 national program, thoroughbred or not.

But I have to confess, I sometimes lurk the IC forum. :) It's awesome to look at things from another spectrum. I loved the fact that we could have never gotten pass Purdue, and we had no chance against Baylor, and obviously no shot at beating WV. Yet somehow we had a "god sent" bracket, or red carpet to the trophy! :D

But yeah, things are great these days. I giggle when I sleep. Lets enjoy the moment, as you all know, the tide can turn any day in this rivalry.

UrinalCake
05-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Huh... this makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes with their team. Did Roy in fact push them out in order to free up scholarships? This tweet and the ones from Larry Drew sure do seem to indicate that the other players aren't too upset about them being gone.

alteran
05-06-2010, 10:49 AM
He has often been compared to a baby horse trying to learn how to walk. Maybe he's not too far off.

That's just awesome.

Big Pappa
05-06-2010, 10:50 AM
The only one that is being cordial about it at all is Strickland:

DStrick01 "Im not talking bad about the twins at all..i have alot of love 4 those boys so it wud b dum saying bad stuff about them...wishing them luck"

SoCalDukeFan
05-06-2010, 11:00 AM
I too have had fun reading the utter nonsense at IC. I posted a question asking if anyone in Chapel Hill was having an NIT Selection Show viewing party. I am now banned. Kinda childish on my part but I thought it was funny.

I guess my IP address is logged and I can no longer amuse myself reading their basketball forum. I then discovered if I used Google's Chrome Brower in an Incognito window they don't get my IP address and I can still read their nonsense.

SoCAl

alteran
05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Huh... this makes me wonder what is going on behind the scenes with their team. Did Roy in fact push them out in order to free up scholarships? This tweet and the ones from Larry Drew sure do seem to indicate that the other players aren't too upset about them being gone.

I imagine that if you're part of the team and 1) someone bails, 2) it's a surprise and 3) the first time you hear about it is not from them, then 4) your tweets are not going to be overly complimentary.

The eternally optimistic part of my brain hopes that despite two national championships, there's something severely wrong with Roy's coaching. The rational part of my brain says that it's more likely that last year was a perfect storm of recruiting that didn't pain out, injuries, and some coaching brain cramps. Winning helps people smooth over differences, losing exacerbates them-- that's my guess at what's going on behind the scenes.

But I'm still holding out hope for Roy Williams' suckitude.

Pretty interesting how this frees up some schollies for the heels. I hate Roy, but he doesn't REALLY strike me as the type of coach that drives players off. I could be wrong.

Right now, the heels have two true front court players. HB will undoubtedly suffice as a third, but was also undoubtedly told that his minutes outside the three would be minimal. HB, Henson and Zeller are going to be playing iron man minutes, and Zeller may be inclined to injuries.

The heels are one injury away from some real craziness.

A lot of coaches do just fine with tons of talent not perfectly distributed into the traditional 1-2-3-4-5 arrangement. Like Coach K. I'm not sure Roy handles that well. We'll see.

My guess, Roy either has some stealth commitments or he's scrambling like hell.

OZZIE4DUKE
05-06-2010, 11:07 AM
I too have had fun reading the utter nonsense at IC. I posted a question asking if anyone in Chapel Hill was having an NIT Selection Show viewing party. I am now banned.

SoCAl
And you are a better man, or woman, for it! :cool:

BD80
05-06-2010, 11:19 AM
I too have had fun reading the utter nonsense at IC. I posted a question asking if anyone in Chapel Hill was having an NIT Selection Show viewing party. I am now banned. ...
SoCAl

I bow to you. Well done. Very well done.

Would it be too soon to ask if they are planning one for next year?

hedevil
05-06-2010, 11:28 AM
What is this irrelevant conversation (IC) of which you all speak?:)

J/K

moonpie23
05-06-2010, 11:47 AM
i was banned when using the screen name "softINdaMiddle" and posted a string regarding Sean May's pizza bills and delivery frequencies.

sometime's it's fun to read over there....then sometimes, it's just depressing that the arrogance just continues to live on with no sign of humility.

they had many posts saying how much harder it was slogging through the NIT than duke had in the title run...

82-50, baby......82-50

DukeSean
05-06-2010, 12:00 PM
I too have had fun reading the utter nonsense at IC. I posted a question asking if anyone in Chapel Hill was having an NIT Selection Show viewing party. I am now banned. Kinda childish on my part but I thought it was funny.

I guess my IP address is logged and I can no longer amuse myself reading their basketball forum. I then discovered if I used Google's Chrome Brower in an Incognito window they don't get my IP address and I can still read their nonsense.

SoCAl

Pretty funny stuff right there haha....you can also use an anonymizer to mask your IP to troll IC

natedog4ever
05-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Thoroughbreds?!?!? We can only hope Roy will continue to bring in the type "Thoroughbreds" he did last season... and does Henson really consider himself a Thoroughbred?

When I read this, all I could think about was Jim Mora's "Playoffs?!? Playoffs!?!"

Thanks for the laugh.

gumbomoop
05-06-2010, 12:33 PM
The eternally optimistic part of my brain hopes that despite two national championships, there's something severely wrong with Roy's coaching. The rational part of my brain says that it's more likely that last year was a perfect storm of recruiting that didn't pain out, injuries, and some coaching brain cramps. Winning helps people smooth over differences, losing exacerbates them-- that's my guess at what's going on behind the scenes.

Right now, the heels have two true front court players. HB will undoubtedly suffice as a third, but was also undoubtedly told that his minutes outside the three would be minimal. HB, Henson and Zeller are going to be playing iron man minutes, and Zeller may be inclined to injuries.

The heels are one injury away from some real craziness.

A lot of coaches do just fine with tons of talent not perfectly distributed into the traditional 1-2-3-4-5 arrangement. Like Coach K. I'm not sure Roy handles that well. We'll see.

My guess, Roy either has some stealth commitments or he's scrambling like hell.

Excellent points.

Just as Duke was a perimeter-injury away from big problems in '09-'10, Heels got to hope Zeller's history does not repeat itself, and Henson isn't as fragile as he looks. Not only does HB become a 4/3, but injury to TZ or JH makes HB a 4/5! And makes Graves a 4. Yikes.

I will say that, unless the behind-scenes stuff is really falling apart, Wears-departure would seem to mean that the guy I would've bet was gone or redshirting - McDonald - will stay and play. Watts, too, I guess.

For all our delicious schadenfreude, I'm sticking with Heels as likely #2 in ACC, but I'm wobbling at this latest news, and could be persuaded that I'm halucinating. NCSt is looking more and more interesting, and VaT, with Delaney back, looks solid.

I might wander over to IC to take in the angst and lunacy. I assume a few IC folks must be dazed at the recent fortunes of the home team and its rival up the road. [The road is definitely up from where the Heels are these days.]

-jk
05-06-2010, 12:41 PM
This topic is being thoroughly discussed here (http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21176).

-jk