PDA

View Full Version : UNC's Critizism of K

oldnavy
05-06-2010, 07:34 AM
OK, I have to know. How many of you have heard UNC criticism of Coach K over the years from UNC fans. What I have heard, in no particular order is:

-too commercial (did commercials, i.e., loved the celebrity status)
-too profane (use bad words, and that was terrible)
-too rigid and difficult to play for (i.e., transfers)
-too egotistical (thought way too much of himself)

I am sure that there have been more but this is good enough t start the discussion.

Now that Ol Roy is over on the Hill, seems that a lot of those criticisms have tapered off, although they still are around. Seems that Roy:

-does commercials (poor mom, and the dime for a Coke brought tears to my eyes)
-has been known to drop an F bomb or two during interviews no less. Cannot ever remember K doing that!
-seemed a little rigid this year in forcing a style of play on a team not able to execute it well. Now with the Wear brothers leaving (rumored) and the kid that went back west (blanking) a year or so ago..
-refers to himself in the third person as much if not more than anyone in coaching... personally has opposing fans tossed from HIS arena...

Where are the UNC prudes now? I am hearing a bunch of nothing... anyone out there having a similar experience?

DukeSean
05-06-2010, 08:34 AM
a National Championship will shut the critics up for a while

JBDuke
05-06-2010, 08:37 AM
I really have a hard time seeing how this is a discussion of any merit. Griping about UNC complaints about Duke is not going to do anyone any good.

I am closing this thread. If there is a legitimate discussion to be had on the topic, and I'm just missing it, please PM me or any other mod, and we can reopen this.

But for now, this thread is CLOSED.