Shelden Williams (DUKE)
Rasheed Wallace (UNC)
Doc Rivers (?)

ORLANDO MAGIC:
JJ Redick (DUKE)
Vince Carter (UNC)

ATLANTA HAWKS:
Marvin Williams (UNC)

So I guess that means I'm rooting for the Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, Boston Celtics, and Orlando Magic.

Kdogg
05-03-2010, 09:09 PM
UTAH JAZZ:
Carlos Boozer (DUKE)

PHOENIX SUNS:
Grant Hill (DUKE)

CLEVELAND CAVS:
Danny Green (UNC)
Antawn Jamison (UNC)
Jawad Williams (UNC)

BOSTON CELTICS:
Shelden Williams (DUKE)
Rasheed Wallace (UNC)
Doc Rivers (?)

ORLANDO MAGIC:
JJ Redick (DUKE)
Vince Carter (UNC)

ATLANTA HAWKS:
Marvin Williams (UNC)

So I guess that means I'm rooting for the Utah Jazz, Phoenix Suns, Boston Celtics, and Orlando Magic.

Danny Ferry does run the Cavs so those UNC guys do work for him.

Duvall
05-03-2010, 09:11 PM
UTAH JAZZ:
Carlos Boozer (DUKE)

PHOENIX SUNS:
Grant Hill (DUKE)

CLEVELAND CAVS:
Danny Green (UNC)
Antawn Jamison (UNC)
Jawad Williams (UNC)

BOSTON CELTICS:
Shelden Williams (DUKE)
Rasheed Wallace (UNC)
Doc Rivers (?)

ORLANDO MAGIC:
JJ Redick (DUKE)
Vince Carter (UNC)

ATLANTA HAWKS:
Marvin Williams (UNC)

Doc Rivers went to Marquette.

Danny Ferry is the General Manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Big Pappa
05-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Doc Rivers went to Marquette.

Danny Ferry is the General Manager of the Cleveland Cavaliers.

I think the question mark after Doc's name is about Austin.

houstondukie
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
I think the question mark after Doc's name is about Austin.

Exactly.

ElSid
05-03-2010, 10:18 PM
And LeBron is starting a PR firm devoted to helping Calipari recruit at UK. Or something like that, it seems. Kind of ruinsLeBron for me to know he's such a Calipari devotee. Oh well.

I'd like to see the Jazz and the Suns playing in the Western Conference Finals. Hill and Boozer. Probably won't happen. Would love to see JJ get more quality run in the finals. That could happen.

It's odd watching the Jazz. They're so much smaller than the Lakers, they hardly even try for offensive boards. Boozer just starts running back down the court as soon as shots go up. He seems to be standing and watching a lot of the time. I guess that's part of the game plan. Why waste your energy and leave yourself open to transition when you know Bynum or Gasol have a 95% chance of getting those boards.

I really don't like the Celtics, regardless of Rivers commitment plans or Shelden's bench riding. They just seem whiny...and then they added 'Sheed. Least favorite player in the league. In terms of Kentucky alumni, Rondo isn't bad...pretty underrated guy, has seemed to work hard to get to this point, didn't play under Cal, etc. Still.

Somebody called the Hawks an AAU team and I thought that was a great comparison. Just a bunch of talented players who don't seem to have any chemistry. Sounds like a successful version of this year's UNC team.

NBA is so blah to me right now. Yet I watch. Ugh.

JasonEvans
05-04-2010, 12:39 AM

"You'll work for us!! You'll work for us!!"

--Jason "someone will probably say that is their least favorite Cameron cheer. Do they even do that cheer anymore?" Evans

juise
05-04-2010, 12:51 AM

--Jason "someone will probably say that is their least favorite Cameron cheer. Do they even do that cheer anymore?" Evans

I certainly don't remember it during my years (2000-2004). The closest thing (arrogance toward another student body) was "safety school," which only came out a few times.

Big Pappa
05-04-2010, 12:52 AM
Not a Celts fan and def not a Sheed fan but he played great tonight 17 points on 7-8 shooting.

hedevil
05-04-2010, 02:41 AM
Danny Ferry aside: I despise the Cavs (Lebron) more than any other NBA team. The fact that they have 3 UNC players is just icing on the cake for me. Go Celtics for now, then GO Orlando as far as the east is concerned.

theAlaskanBear
05-04-2010, 06:15 AM
Danny Ferry aside: I despise the Cavs (Lebron) more than any other NBA team. The fact that they have 3 UNC players is just icing on the cake for me. Go Celtics for now, then GO Orlando as far as the east is concerned.

See I like Lebron, but the fact they have 3 UNC players disturbs me, deeply.

I will always root the Jazz first in the West, but at this point ill take anyone but the Lakers. The correct rooting order is Jazz, Suns, SPurs, Lakers.

Eastern conference, it gets more complicated. I dont like the Celtics and I LOATHE danny ainge. I do like the Cavs better than the Hawks. But I am going to root for Orlando, because I like Stan Van, Nelson, Lewis, Redick, and Howard is just a physical freak!

Reilly
05-04-2010, 07:28 AM
Atlanta has Bob Bender as a coach.
San Antonio has Chip Engelland as a coach.
And doesn't Pagliuca own the Celtics?

kong123
05-04-2010, 08:14 AM

what about LeBron do you not like? He seems like one of the nicest and most genuine players in the league.

houstondukie
05-04-2010, 08:31 AM
what about LeBron do you not like? He seems like one of the nicest and most genuine players in the league.

1. Drama queen

2. Association w/ Kentucky

CrazieDUMB
05-04-2010, 08:37 AM

From another thread
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjXQCT47EAc

Gthoma2a
05-04-2010, 08:41 AM

His ridiculous not shaking hands and not just appologizing... he instead makes it worse by comparing losing a basketball game to being punched in the face. His Association with UK is there too (as the other poster mentioned). He seems to buy the hype way too much to have never won any championships, too.

ElSid
05-04-2010, 09:45 AM
From another thread
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjXQCT47EAc

had never seen this. clearly goes out of his way to make the kid work for it. ha.

not completely damning but not helpful. good to be the king.

SilkyJ
05-04-2010, 12:20 PM

I thought it was

That's alright!
That's OK!
You're gonna work for us some day!

(last line could be substituted with "You're gonna pump our gas some day")

At least that's how I remember it, and it only ever came out at a couple football games that I can recall...

davekay1971
05-04-2010, 12:36 PM

UNC grads working for a Duke grad? That's about right :D

(Did any of those guys actually graduate from Pastel Blue U?)

Lord Ash
05-04-2010, 12:38 PM

It was "That's all right, that's okay, you'll be working for us someday!" when I was there in the early 90s.

And yes, one of my favorites. Elitist? Who, us? Nooooo...

Duvall
05-04-2010, 12:39 PM
UNC grads working for a Duke grad? That's about right :D

(Did any of those guys actually graduate from Pastel Blue U?)

I recall Jamison graduating, and the other two were there for four years, so I assume they all did.

Duvall
05-04-2010, 12:41 PM
It was "That's all right, that's okay, you'll be working for us someday!" when I was there in the early 90s.

And yes, one of my favorites. Elitist? Who, us? Nooooo...

It's just so stupid, though. Anyone worth taunting is going to make far more than the typical Duke graduate. I can live with elitism, but idiocy is annoying.

hedevil
05-04-2010, 12:50 PM
The Kentucky relationship just added to my dislike of Lebron.

But before that for me is his ego/showboating. Win a title before you act like the world's greatest. This is the guy who didn't want a video released of himself getting dunked on. This guy (James) puffs his chest when he makes layups. LAYUPS? Your suppose to make layups. After eliminating the Bulls the other night, he actually stuck around to shake hands. I believe people show their true colors when things go wrong (like losing to the Magic last year). He bolted out of there. NO RESPECT! NO GOOD LUCK! NO CONGRATULATIONS!

I guess I would just like to see a little more class in the game than Lebron displays. Dude is a role model whether he likes it or not. I don't mind celebrating after a crucial play in a game, but dancing on the sideline in a game that's already over (Bulls game earlier this year). I don't like Noah at all, but I respected him for that brief moment when he called Lebron out. It was one thing when he (James) was 17, but he's old enough now to behave like a respectable man when he's on the court.

It's time to act like he's been there before. Kong I do respect that you respect him, I just prefer not to. SORRY all, I know this isn't a Lebron thread. Just venting a little......:D

shoutingncu
05-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Atlanta has Bob Bender as a coach.
San Antonio has Chip Engelland as a coach.
And doesn't Pagliuca own the Celtics?

Mitch Kupchak is the GM for the Lakers.

left_hook_lacey
05-04-2010, 01:28 PM

I hope this is sarcasm.