PDA

View Full Version : Yankees not most hated?

BD80
04-29-2010, 05:41 PM
Looks like the editor (and reporter) have trouble reading report results:

Report says Indians most-hated team

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5146663

Looks like the report balances positive against negative:

The formula helps determine whether consumers have positive, negative or neutral reactions to brands in their online messages. Nielsen's "Sentiment Rankings" range from 5 to minus-5. No team finished with a negative number. But six teams finished with a number lower than 2.

The Yankees were fifth from the bottom in baseball, ahead of only the Indians, Red Sox, Reds and Astros.

Wonder where Duke would score?

kingboozer
04-29-2010, 05:58 PM
there is no possible way that the yanks aren't number 1. there is simply no way that the indians are more hated, i am at a loss for words on that one.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-29-2010, 06:00 PM
That whole article is flawed, why would anyone REALLY hate the indians over the Yanks? C'MON SON, it' just makes no sense to me.

P.S. I'm from NY and Love the Yankees.

billyj
04-29-2010, 06:12 PM
Didn't even know they existed. :D

LSanders
04-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Indians? Isn't that the team that Rick "Wild Thing" Vaughan pitches for? :rolleyes:

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-29-2010, 06:59 PM
That whole article is flawed, why would anyone REALLY hate the indians over the Yanks? C'MON SON, it' just makes no sense to me.

Agreed, I have to assume the study is flawed. It looks like it's measuring positive and negative feelings, which is not the same as counting hatred. Odd that Nielsen devised this, you'd think they are a bit smarter.

The real proof is that the Nats are 6th! Yes, no one likes them because they are godawful, but there's no one who hates them. Who hates the Expos???

hc5duke
04-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Report says Indians most-hated

that is sooooo racist

BD80
04-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by BD80
Report says Indians most-hated

that is sooooo racist

It is because all the telephone help calls are routed there