PDA

View Full Version : Coach K in Rapid City, South Dakota

DakotaDukeFan
04-29-2010, 09:48 AM
Tonight Coach K will speak in Rapid City ! The event was sold out hours after tickets went on sale. My 17 year old daughter and I are thrilled to have this grand opportunity. This afternoon Coach K will have a "Meet and Greet" and photo session with area high school basketball teams. My daughter has the great fortune of meeting Coach K and having her picture taken as a member of the RC Central Girls Basketball team. A dream come true for long time fans of Duke Basketball. (Me since 1984,my daughter since birth)

We both will be dressed in our locker room championship gear!!!!!!

GO DUKE!

CLT Devil
04-29-2010, 10:55 AM
That's awesome! Having been to SD many times and still going yearly I would never imagine K out there. Is he visiting Naktar Ndye (sp) and the D League team yall have? Maybe that's Sioux Falls?

SD is such a beautiful place but not exactly a BBall hotbed. although the winningest coach was at Northern State in Aberdeen for a long time.

What was K doing out there? If it was a recruiting trip I'm sure Rivals or Scout or DBR would know about it? It's actually a nice place to visit, as a post in the off-topic board talked about the Black Hills, Badlands, etc.

Let us know what the event is.

DakotaDukeFan
04-29-2010, 11:24 AM
South Dakota is a fine place to visit and not a bad place to live. The D-league team you are referring to is in Sioux Falls, 350 miles to the east.
Not a HOT BED???? What about Becky Hammon and Mike Miller???? Ha !
I graduated from Northern State in Aberdeen, SD where I played basketball all four years. Coach Don Meyers retired at the end of this season because of health concerns. He will remain at Northern, not sure in what capacity.

"An Evening With Coach Mike Krzyzewski" is the 20th speaker in the John T Vucurevuch Foundation annual speaker series.

The John T. Vucurevich Foundation awards grants to charitable organizations committed to helping the poor, distressed, under privileged, the advancement of the arts, education & science, and promotion of social welfare within South Dakota with preference given to the West River area and in particular the Black Hills Region.

-jk
04-29-2010, 11:28 AM
"The John T. Vucurevich Foundation (http://www.jtvf.org/index.php?page=speaker-series) has sponsored speaking events called "An Evening With...." The Foundation has hosted 17 national and international speakers who have vision for the future; promote understanding and awareness in the world and who may be an inspiration to the people of Rapid City and the surrounding area."

Interesting list of past speakers.

-jk

blueprofessor
04-29-2010, 12:12 PM
South Dakota is a fine place to visit and not a bad place to live. The D-league team you are referring to is in Sioux Falls, 350 miles to the east.
I graduated from Northern State in Aberdeen, SD where I played basketball all four years. Coach Don Meyers retired at the end of this season because of health concerns. He will remain at Northern, not sure in what capacity.

"An Evening With Coach Mike Krzyzewski" is the 20th speaker in the John T Vucurevuch Foundation annual speaker series.

The John T. Vucurevich Foundation awards grants to charitable organizations committed to helping the poor, distressed, under privileged, the advancement of the arts, education & science, and promotion of social welfare within South Dakota with preference given to the West River area and in particular the Black Hills Region.

That's okay, Huck Hamlet had been invited 10 times before K and turned them down because they don't Skype!

Love your city and the excellent Italian restaurant around the corner from the tallest hotel in town.

Best regards--Blueprofessor:)

CEF1959
04-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Tonight Coach K will speak in Rapid City ! The event was sold out hours after tickets went on sale. My 17 year old daughter and I are thrilled to have this grand opportunity. This afternoon Coach K will have a "Meet and Greet" and photo session with area high school basketball teams. My daughter has the great fortune of meeting Coach K and having her picture taken as a member of the RC Central Girls Basketball team. A dream come true for long time fans of Duke Basketball. (Me since 1984,my daughter since birth)

We both will be dressed in our locker room championship gear!!!!!!

GO DUKE!

Sweet! Give him a pound of Bully Blend's house-roasted coffee. What a great Rapid City establishment.

madscavenger
04-29-2010, 03:34 PM
...............................What was K doing out there? If it was a recruiting trip I'm sure Rivals or Scout or DBR would know about it? It's actually a nice place to visit, as a post in the off-topic board talked about the Black Hills, Badlands, etc. ...............

Well it certainly isn't pheasant hunting, cause open season is still about 5 1/2 months away. K does not bend the rules.

CLT Devil
04-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Maybe he was shopping at Prarie's Edge...def some things for sale there you can't get anywhere else in the world.

mgtr
04-29-2010, 04:59 PM
"The John T. Vucurevich Foundation (http://www.jtvf.org/index.php?page=speaker-series) has sponsored speaking events called "An Evening With...." The Foundation has hosted 17 national and international speakers who have vision for the future; promote understanding and awareness in the world and who may be an inspiration to the people of Rapid City and the surrounding area."

Interesting list of past speakers.

-jk

If you ever need to explain "eclectic" to someone, just point to this list of speakers. Very interesting.

AZLA
04-30-2010, 12:09 AM

Coach K in Rapid? Wow, cool! I will be there in July -- too bad K will already be gone. Hope he gets to take in the beauty and uniqueness of the Black Hills, Badlands, Deadwood, Custer Park, etc. Got to get a shout out for all my SD family in Sioux Falls and up around H20-town, Stockholm and also out in Spearfish. Northern State is a great 'lil college. Had some family go there. Man, I wish Crazy Horse monument would get finished. Okay, that's my random South Dakota promotional spiel. Coach K will be well received there.

chi
04-30-2010, 05:50 AM
http://www.rapidcityjournal.com/sports/local/article_b3b02c22-5413-11df-9625-001cc4c002e0.html