PDA

View Full Version : NBA draft net with a weird scouting report on Kyrie

AAA1980
04-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Gave him some compliments but then he said hes not overly explosive or athletic..

From the little ive seen hes plenty explosive and athletic for a pg,is he John Wall explosive or athletic? No but he seems above average for a pg from what i can see,am i wrong?

studdlee10
04-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Gave him some compliments but then he said hes not overly explosive or athletic..

From the little ive seen hes plenty explosive and athletic for a pg,is he John Wall explosive or athletic? No but he seems above average for a pg from what i can see,am i wrong?

Kyrie isn't explosive in the sense that he won't explode for any tomahawk dunks on people. He took a couple of bad steps, hence his missed dunk. There isn't a quicker guy from baseline to baseline in this class and he is a wizard with the dribble and changing pace/directions. Brandon Knight seems to lack the upper, upper speed, not sure what game that guy was watching.

Azdukefan
04-26-2010, 05:11 PM

There would have been no way we would have allowed him into Duke unless he is/was "alarmingly unathletic." So the scouting report from nbadraft.net has to be right on. Sorry to dissapoint. ;):cool:

studdlee10
04-26-2010, 05:14 PM
There would have been no way we would have allowed him into Duke unless he is/was "alarmingly unathletic." So the scouting report from nbadraft.net has to be right on. Sorry to dissapoint. ;):cool:

Also, the guy writing the report said Barnes was too unselfish. WHAT? Did we watch the same game? I saw Barnes cherry picking and taking almost every shot that came his way. I counted 2 possessions in the 1st half where Barnes passed the ball out after getting the ball.

Whatever, NBADraft.net is horrible. I draftexpress is much better and has been very effusive in their praise for Kyrie.

sivartrenrag
04-26-2010, 05:17 PM
Unless my eyes are decieving me, they also call him "Kyle Irving."

Starter
04-26-2010, 05:19 PM
That's a joke. Ignore it.

AAA1980
04-26-2010, 05:26 PM
Kyrie isn't explosive in the sense that he won't explode for any tomahawk dunks on people. He took a couple of bad steps, hence his missed dunk. There isn't a quicker guy from baseline to baseline in this class and he is a wizard with the dribble and changing pace/directions. Brandon Knight seems to lack the upper, upper speed, not sure what game that guy was watching.

I agree..Plus he seems just as explosive or athletic as say a Paul or Deron..Not saying hes on their level or will be but hes not Mark JAckson or gulp Kendal Marhsall level athletic hes fine in that department..

LSanders
04-26-2010, 05:43 PM

True ... True ... :cool:

TheBrianZoubekExperience
04-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Also, the guy writing the report said Barnes was too unselfish. WHAT? Did we watch the same game? I saw Barnes cherry picking and taking almost every shot that came his way. I counted 2 possessions in the 1st half where Barnes passed the ball out after getting the ball.

Whatever, NBADraft.net is horrible. I draftexpress is much better and has been very effusive in their praise for Kyrie.

Yup. DX is much more hands on in that the guy who runs it goes to every event he can make it to in the US and Europe and actively scouts these players full time. I get the impression that nba draft net is a little more hands off, willing to farm out articles and reports to other people. I follow the draft pretty closely and have found DX to be a lot better IMO.

Cisco
04-26-2010, 06:52 PM
Go to Draft Express, they're alot more reputable. Plus, the guy who runs it seems pretty cool on his Twitter ! Look em up

dukelifer
04-26-2010, 08:15 PM

I wonder what they said about Steve Nash when he was a senior in high school. What do these guys know anyway. Irving is not a finished player and will get bigger and stronger.

moonpie23
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM
hmm....i wonder how many other articles you could dig up with some negative vibes on new duke commit? the timing of this and your post count suggest something of a different motive...

stickdog
04-26-2010, 10:02 PM
Let's see. (http://www.ballislife.com/video/kyrie-irving-jordan-brand)

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-26-2010, 10:31 PM
Let's see. (http://www.ballislife.com/video/kyrie-irving-jordan-brand)

Love to see this type of skill in a Duke uni next year

moonpie23
04-26-2010, 10:37 PM
man, we WILL me even more un-athletic that they think we're not..... !!!

awesome...

billyj
04-27-2010, 02:16 AM
He definitely took alarmingly un-athletic to another level.
;)