PDA

View Full Version : Four "developments" to look forward to...

Lord Ash
04-24-2010, 11:34 PM
You know, I was thinking a bit about the upcoming season. It is very exciting for so many reasons! One thing I am looking forward to is that we have so many different "types" of player development to look forward to.

We have the freshmen, including a superstar freshman, to watch in their first year, to see who they are, to see what they develop into.

We have the important transfer who sat a year... we get to see how he developed with a year at Duke and now that he can get on the court.

We have the young guys who have now had an off-season to develop... how will they look with a year under their belt and with more minutes?

And we have the superstars in their senior years, a year that has been a career making, "game changer" for so many Duke stars of the past.

Anyway... so much to look forward to, especially watching so many different paths come together!:)

gep
04-24-2010, 11:37 PM
What about the JC transfer... Coach K's first... :rolleyes:

Lord Ash
04-24-2010, 11:38 PM
Ah of course!

So much fun... remember how we just won a title, and we have a heck of a team to watch next year?

ChicagoCrazy84
04-25-2010, 12:27 AM
Completely agree. This will be one of the most highly anticipated men's basketball season in recent memory. So many story lines about this team and the individuals that will be coming together. I for one can not wait. Strange too coming off of a National Championship. I remember after the '01 Ship, I thought to myself, "it's ok if they don't make a big run at it because of this past year." We could be a very special team with a lot of special players. All of these guys could have breakout seasons and make themselves big time prospects:

Irving (obviously)
Dawkins
Curry
Ma. Plumlee
Mi. Plumlee
Kelly

Is it November yet?

striker219
04-25-2010, 01:30 AM
It really can't be said enough, this is such an incredible time to be a Blue Devil.

I LOVE IT!!!

SupaDave
04-25-2010, 09:44 AM
How about the angle of there being so many basketball player's sons on this team?

Dr. Tina
04-25-2010, 05:02 PM
One of my coworkers (not a Duke fan, mind you) was telling me that Duke is going to be ridiculously good next year. He raved about Kyrie Irving, saying he was the 2nd coming of J-Will, but probably better. He had nothing but praise for Seth Curry, saying that he was BETTER than Stephan in a number of ways. He told me that our four main guys (Nolan, Kyle, Seth, and Kyrie) can easily rack up a combined 70+ points per game because they're all money. My coworker thinks they can definitely repeat. All of this was coming from a guy who doesn't like Duke at all, so I am even more pumped about the upcoming season now! Kyle's return just made it that much better!