PDA

View Full Version : Duke versus UNC

rthomas
04-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Watch Online and vote for Duke in the Nat. College Stand-up Competition

http://www.rooftopcomedy.com/college/standup/schools/Duke

Duke is battling UNC in the 3rd round (the 1st team-elimination round) of the TBS National College Comedy Competition, a 32 school nationwide stand-up tournament.

Starting at 1 p.m. eastern on Thursday, April 22nd, the videos go up on tbs.com and online voting begins. You can vote once every 5 minutes, so do that.

Voting ends on Monday at 6 p.m. eastern.

Go to tbs.com and follow the link to get to Duke's page.

Devilsfan
04-24-2010, 04:11 PM
After watching our friends down 15/501 play basketball this year I'd say they have the best comedy act in college. The only category that their seniors beat ours in was turnovers and lack of leadership.

uh_no
04-24-2010, 06:16 PM
After watching our friends down 15/501 play basketball this year I'd say they have the best comedy act in college.

ZING!

juise
04-24-2010, 06:56 PM
After watching our friends down 15/501 play basketball this year I'd say they have the best comedy act in college. The only category that their seniors beat ours in was turnovers and lack of leadership.

Don't forget all the coaching categories in which UNC decimated Duke this year. Roy had decisive victories in crying, excuse-making, throwing his team under the bus, and offensive comparisons to natural disasters.

I watched on of Duke's acts. It was alright. He had some decent concepts, but the delivery was off. I don't know if I'm in the mood to sit through many more right now. (And I'm definitely not going to listen to any Heels. ;))

Chris4UNC
04-25-2010, 12:18 AM
I know you enjoyed it. Soak it up now.

Chris4UNC
04-25-2010, 12:24 AM

It was a tradegy more than anything. In my 38 years of life UNC has had only one losing season, the 8-20 mark back, what 9 years or so ago? Eventhough they finished with a winning record this year hurt worse. I expected 10 or 12 losses and mediocre play but, wow! It will be fleeting though. Next year will not yield any titles and at best they will be very competitive finishing in the top half of the ACC but that will be better than this year.

cruxer
04-25-2010, 09:13 AM
It was a tradegy more than anything. In my 38 years of life UNC has had only one losing season, the 8-20 mark back, what 9 years or so ago? Eventhough they finished with a winning record this year hurt worse. I expected 10 or 12 losses and mediocre play but, wow! It will be fleeting though. Next year will not yield any titles and at best they will be very competitive finishing in the top half of the ACC but that will be better than this year.

I'm sure Roy will have 'em playing daggum better next season, which is why we have to enjoy the comedy/tragedy while we can! ;)

-c

-bdbd
04-25-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm sure Roy will have 'em playing daggum better next season, which is why we have to enjoy the comedy/tragedy while we can! ;)

-c

Any bets on which natural disaster will be Coach Huck's next comparison? Maybe, "Well you know how that volcano in Iceland is blowing lots of smoke... well we at NC@CH can REALLY blow smoke....."

:rolleyes: