PDA

View Full Version : Braze yourselves

Mike Corey
04-21-2010, 05:33 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/6xrjma.jpg

During Duke's visit to the Governor's mansion today, Coach K flashed the "Z" in Zoubek's honor.

The Gordog
04-21-2010, 05:37 PM
I see Miles is sporting a bit of beard growth. A sing of next year's power?

pfrduke
04-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Unless that image is reversed, I'm pretty sure Coach is flashing an S. You'd think with all the z's in his name he'd know how to get the sign right :D

BattierD12
04-21-2010, 05:43 PM

The Plumbeard has awoken from its dormant sleep and is ready to wreck havoc on forty days and nights next year.

-jk
04-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Unless that image is reversed, I'm pretty sure Coach is flashing an S. You'd think with all the z's in his name he'd know how to get the sign right :D

It's a code for Singler!

-jk

coldriver10
04-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Am I blind? Because I can't find Miles in that picture...

Also, lookin' good, Dre. Lookin' good.

Mike Corey
04-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Am I blind? Because I can't find Miles in that picture...

Scroll to the right. It's a wicked wide picture.

coldriver10
04-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Scroll to the right. It's a wicked wide picture.
ahh, thanks :). He looks rugged with the face fuzz. I like it!

Lord Ash
04-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Awesome Corey, thanks for that!

Also, I FULLY support a new tradition of our biggest, meanest, oldest big guy growing a Zoubeard. Awesome tradition.

SCMatt33
04-21-2010, 06:10 PM

He so needs to go all out on this for next year. I was a total skeptic on the "beard correlation" until Zoubs. Miles seems to be the only real good candidate for it next year, as blonds need not apply and I'm not sure that Kelly even shaves yet! Maybe one day.

Duvall
04-21-2010, 06:11 PM
He so needs to go all out on this for next year. I was a total skeptic on the "beard correlation" until Zoubs. Miles seems to be the only real good candidate for it next year, as blonds need not apply and I'm not sure that Kelly even shaves yet! Maybe one day.

Well, Kelly's going to need one by 2013. There's still time.

4decadedukie
04-21-2010, 06:24 PM

Image not reversed, note K's USMA and wedding rings on his left hand.

Big Pappa
04-21-2010, 06:28 PM

Also, I FULLY support a new tradition of our biggest, meanest, oldest big guy growing a Zoubeard. Awesome tradition.

I totally agree, if I was able to grow facial hair that wasn't in patches I would be reppin it out as well.

MCFinARL
04-21-2010, 06:42 PM

Well, if you duplicate his gesture you will see that, to Coach K, it would be correct--a Z. People looking from the other side, like the photographer, would see an S.

BD80
04-21-2010, 07:37 PM
http://bit.ly/9BTacv

Give it a couple of months.

I hope it means that Miles intends to give us what Z gave us last year. That would be his best chance of staying on the court. We don't need more perimeter points. Miles could be a real weapon for us because he has good hands around the basket, and should be able to convert passes (and lobs) when defenses rotate to guard penetration or to close out on a perimeter shooter.

weezie
04-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Can I get a WHAT WHAT for GQ in the house LT??!!!

Looking like an extremely handsome and successful young specimen of male correctness!

YOU GO LANCE!!!! :cool:

jdj4duke
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM

They all look good; but Lance is King Dapper here. That suit fits absolutely perfectly. He looks like the President of the Universe.

coldriver10
04-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Lance is King Dapper here. That suit fits absolutely perfectly. He looks like the president of the universe.
Lance is definitely looking smooth and very handsome. I do like the color coordination of Dre's suit, though.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-21-2010, 09:36 PM
I love the new beard!!!

turnandburn55
04-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Dre gets the award for most dapper, with apologies to Lance.

Miles: Sometimes, always, never. Tsk, tsk.

Black Mambo
04-21-2010, 11:04 PM
Somebody needs to tell Miles that on a 3-button suit, you button the top two buttons. You button just the top button on a 2 button suit only. Or for a more casual look, leave all unbuttoned. He obviously needs a subscription to GQ magazine. Or a girlfriend. SHEESH! ;)

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-21-2010, 11:05 PM
Somebody needs to tell Miles that on a 3-button suit, you button the top two buttons. You button just the top button on a 2 button suit only. Or for a more casual look, leave all unbuttoned. He needs obviously needs a girlfriend. Or a copy of GQ magazine. SHEESH! ;)

Agreed, except when you're champion no one really cares....:)

jdj4duke
04-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Somebody needs to tell Miles that on a 3-button suit, you button the top two buttons. You button just the top button on a 2 button suit only. Or for a more casual look, leave all unbuttoned. He obviously needs a subscription to GQ magazine. Or a girlfriend. SHEESH! ;)

And that is why upperclass leadership is necessary in all facets of the game. These youngsters have the right idea; they generally just need a bit of direction from their junior and senior teammates. I feel certain that such glaring errors will be addressed before the beginning of the next season.

ricks68
04-21-2010, 11:19 PM
I wish I could figure out how to post some pictures because I have a great "separated at birth" picture of a young Denzel Washington to compare with Andre. If someone would search the Yahoo images and find it and post it, I think you can see the resemblance.

ricks

cptnflash
04-21-2010, 11:31 PM

Brian Zoubek, immortalized by a new Duke tradition. It brings a tear to my eye.

Big Pappa
04-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Dre gets the award for most dapper, with apologies to Lance.

Dre looks great but Lance wins. Those pin-stripes trump everything. Also props to Mason for going light gray.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-22-2010, 12:28 AM
Yeah I def. like Lance outfit the most.

Afterhours
04-22-2010, 12:42 AM
it's hard to decide between LT and Dre. pinstripes or a nice color combination? also Nolan seems to be a sporting an interesting looking tie, very graphic. I think a group picture should hopefully surface somewhere? would love to see the whole team lookin sharp:cool:

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-22-2010, 01:22 AM
it's hard to decide between LT and Dre. pinstripes or a nice color combination? also Nolan seems to be a sporting an interesting looking tie, very graphic. I think a group picture should hopefully surface somewhere? would love to see the whole team lookin sharp:cool:

Lots of pictures here.

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2009-10/NCAA-Tournament/NC-Governors-Mansion-Visit/11920455_cFgRa#843964757_Tp2WN

Edouble
04-22-2010, 02:17 AM
These youngsters have the right idea; they generally just need a bit of direction from their junior and senior teammates.

For all practical purposes though, Miles is a junior! :o

flyingdutchdevil
04-22-2010, 07:00 AM
Style Police: Zoubs has a great suit. Nice, subtle pin strips. Not a big fan of Lance's suit. Also, would have expected Nolan to be a little less conservative.

Lord Ash
04-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Lance looks like he kept his suit from the "mafia" team poster from a while back. I think he looks sharp.

Dre looks real good too; very understated. I love the dark color shirt with the dark suit... it is a good look.

Indoor66
04-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Lots of pictures here.

http://www.blueplanetshots.com/2009-10/NCAA-Tournament/NC-Governors-Mansion-Visit/11920455_cFgRa#843964757_Tp2WN

In looking at the pictures, I keep wondering how tall Zoubek really is. I think he is more than 7' 1" - more like 7' 3".

devildeac
04-22-2010, 09:02 AM
BTW, very nice article by the OP here, Mike Corey, linked to goduke from the front page.

kmspeaks
04-22-2010, 10:09 AM
He obviously needs a subscription to GQ magazine. Or a girlfriend. SHEESH! ;)

I will be glad to volunteer my services in that area lol. :p

camion
04-22-2010, 10:13 AM
In looking at the pictures, I keep wondering how tall Zoubek really is. I think he is more than 7' 1" - more like 7' 3".

They understated his height in order to pad his vertical. ;)

jdj4duke
04-22-2010, 10:29 AM
For all practical purposes though, Miles is a junior! :o

Yes- but for sartorial purposes, he is an underclassman. Clearly not a walk-on, but one who can benefit from some spring practice. I suspect we have pretty well hammered this one to death now! Fun, though and beats work today-

DukieInKansas
04-22-2010, 10:49 AM

Agreed, except when you're champion no one really cares....:)

And that is why upperclass leadership is necessary in all facets of the game. These youngsters have the right idea; they generally just need a bit of direction from their junior and senior teammates. I feel certain that such glaring errors will be addressed before the beginning of the next season.

But Miles and LT average out to just 2 buttons buttoned - so does that make it ok?

jdj4duke
04-22-2010, 11:02 AM
But Miles and LT average out to just 2 buttons buttoned - so does that make it ok?

The two button average works just fine so we are all set by me! Luckily there are no pictures of footwear, so we have avoided those potential pitfalls. Those championship rings will look good no matter what, though-