PDA

View Full Version : Capitol Classic

Saratoga2
04-20-2010, 10:09 PM
I watched a good part of thee game, and like most high school all star games, there was very little defense and mile a minute offense. Both Hairston and Thornton played in the game.

My impressions of Hairston were very positive, Ge is very fluid with his movements, has a nice mid range shot, rebounds and can score under the basket. This kid is at least 6'8" and may be a little taller. I would guess around 220. This kid will be able to contribute right away.

Thornton on the other hand played a helter skelter game and seemed to be moving too fast and as a result was making poor decisions with the ball. He will need to learn right away to value the ball. His shooting also was unimpressive. He does look quick and is a very good athlete. Lot of material to work with there, but needs seasoning.

Newton_14
04-20-2010, 10:24 PM
I watched a good part of thee game, and like most high school all star games, there was very little defense and mile a minute offense. Both Hairston and Thornton played in the game.

My impressions of Hairston were very positive, Ge is very fluid with his movements, has a nice mid range shot, rebounds and can score under the basket. This kid is at least 6'8" and may be a little taller. I would guess around 220. This kid will be able to contribute right away.

Thornton on the other hand played a helter skelter game and seemed to be moving too fast and as a result was making poor decisions with the ball. He will need to learn right away to value the ball. His shooting also was unimpressive. He does look quick and is a very good athlete. Lot of material to work with there, but needs seasoning.

I know it was likely hard to tell, but did either of them attempt to play defense? Any read there?

Saratoga2
04-20-2010, 10:29 PM
I know it was likely hard to tell, but did either of them attempt to play defense? Any read there?

Thornton had four turnovers in the game and could have gotten more. Hairston had 10 rebounds in 18 minutes and shot 7 for 14 to score 14 points. He was impressive and will earn PT this year.