PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Wagers

Bostondevil
05-22-2007, 01:40 PM
With the exception of NCAA pools, I don't bet money on Duke. However, I do bet pride issues. Case in point, the newest research assistant at my work is from New York and a Yankees fan. Ok, I guess I can live with that but come to find out, he's a Carolina fan too. I say we fire him. Anyway, when I asked why he liked UNC, it's because his brother went there, fair enough. His brother went there for graduate school. Now that's just wrong and should not be tolerated.

We have now bet on next year's Duke-UNC games. If either school wins both regular season games, the winner is declared. Otherwise, first tie-breaker, ACC Tourney head to head. Second tie-breaker, who goes further in the NCAAs.

What did we bet? Well, at first I offered an apple pie against him wearing a Duke t-shirt to work. After we shook, he changed it to I had to wear a UNC t-shirt. I refused because I'd already shaken on something else and there is no circumstance on this earth that would ever make me wear a UNC t-shirt. Compromise, I have to wear a Yankees t-shirt to work. That's in the unlikely event of me losing the bet. Seems fair to me. I'll just have to borrow an Alex Rodriguez - Duke Fan - shirt to wear. But I doubt it will come to that.

madscavenger
05-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Wrong choice. You should make him wear a Roy Williams "I don't give a sh*t about Carolina" t-shirt.

unwrinkled ear
05-22-2007, 04:04 PM
It's really lame that the dude changed the terms of the bet after it was shaken on. THe guy has a problem (sports-affiliate wise and gentlemanly-wise)

Bostondevil
05-22-2007, 04:40 PM
It's really lame that the dude changed the terms of the bet after it was shaken on. THe guy has a problem (sports-affiliate wise and gentlemanly-wise)

True, but baking an apple pie is a lot more work than wearing a Yankees t-shirt so I'm letting it slide. And I didn't agree to wearing it outside of work. I'll stay in my office all day, no one will know.