PDA

View Full Version : Number of active players in the NBA

Chris4UNC
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Duke has 14 active in the NBA. UNC has 13 active players in the NBA. Here are the other answers.

Which college has the most players with NBA Championship rings?
#1. University of North Carolina - 28
#17. Duke 2 (tied with several others)

Prior to last year players sent to the NBA.....
UNC 74
Duke 50

uh_no
04-19-2010, 06:31 PM
who are the national champions?

the duke blue devils

everything else is petty

turnandburn55
04-19-2010, 06:39 PM
So what you're saying is that all those Tar Heels won a lot more championships when they didn't play for UNC than when they actually were? You should be very proud of that fact.

jv001
04-19-2010, 06:41 PM
So what you're saying is that all those Tar Heels won a lot more championships when they didn't play for UNC than when they actually were? You should be very proud of that fact.

For all my tarhole friends to receive their NIT tees, sweat shirts and hats. Go Duke!

Duvall
04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
More interesting facts:

Points scored by Duke on March 6, 2010: 82.
Points scored by UNC on March 6, 2010: 50.

fan345678
04-19-2010, 06:44 PM
Duke has 14 active in the NBA. UNC has 13 active players in the NBA. Here are the other answers.

UNC 74
Duke 50

Since Duke and UNC are in the NCAA, not the NBA, I fail to see any relevance...unless you're trying to use the ratio of NCAA championships to NBA players to demonstrate the extent to which UNC has historically underachieved.

BD80
04-19-2010, 06:47 PM
who are the national champions?

the duke blue devils

everything else is petty

No, to be truly petty, one would have to mention:

Career point scored on own goal:

Rasheed Wallace 2.

(The only points he has scored in the paint all year)

freshmanjs
04-19-2010, 06:48 PM

UNC 74
Duke 50

Who are the 2 Duke players with NBA Championship rings?

Duvall
04-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Who are the 2 Duke players with NBA Championship rings?

44 and 35.

bluedevil2012
04-19-2010, 08:31 PM
I always thought Ferry was the only Duke player to win a NBA championship. I guess I forgot about Mullins.

Gthoma2a
04-19-2010, 08:36 PM

UNC 74
Duke 50

Current NCAA Men's Basketball Championships... Duke 1, UNC NIT Runner-up.

Anti-Duke posts in a Duke forum... stay classy Chapel Hill!

Tappan Zee Devil
04-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I always thought Ferry was the only Duke player to win a NBA championship. I guess I forgot about Mullins.

I don't mean to sound snarky :D - but Duke basketball has a history that predates K (and that Bucky wasn't able to completely erase.)

Jim
Trinity College '70

shoutingncu
04-19-2010, 08:55 PM
With Jerry Stackhouse playing again (and Sean May picked up by Sacramento, I believe)... I actually think the schools are tied with number of active players.

Haven't been looking at the board that much lately (sore [NIT] loser... I'll own it), so I'm not sure why this thread was started, so I guess I shouldn't get too defensive about the responses to it...

But I will.

Duke is the 2010 National Champion. That adds to the history of the programs, it doesn't erase it. That'd be an "end of discussion" put-down if Carolina hadn't won the year before. That's kind of like saying that 1993 canceled Duke's back-to-back (and yes, I'm sure there were Tar Holes that liked to spout that back then... and that's what some of you sound like now).

Duke put the beatdown of all beatdowns on the NIT Runner Up Heels this past year. You're 29 points better than College of Charleston, but only half as much better than Dayton.

It just seems people are more excited about the one year dominance (we'll see if it's and counting) than you were when, say, you beat us when we were good (2008, 2005). I would think those two victories would be more exciting than either of this past year's, except for what this past year's ended.

(Oh, and many of you... not all... like to count the Highest Paid NBA Alum as a plus for Duke, so why wouldn't Carolina point out the NBA Championships as a plus for Carolina? Fingers crossed: three more players this year with 'Tawn and the Cavaliers... Danny can have his second... your Danny, our's would only get his first in the scenario).

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Lol someone seems bitter

shoutingncu
04-19-2010, 09:04 PM
Lol someone seems bitter

I'm just bitter that Rashad McCants failed out of the NBA and is now in Europe (I think). He would have put us over the top of NBA'ers.

Oh, and that Duke Championship and dominant season thing. ;)

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Don't worry should have Demarcus cousins and Daniel Ewing in the league oh yea and J-will. But I was referring to the thread starter but that's cool. haha

should_be_working
04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I get so tired of hearing the same old arguments about how many players this univeristy or that one produces in the nba. Last time I checked success is measured by wins and national championships, not how many players a program can produce in the nba. Quite frankly I could give two hoots about how many duke players are in the nba or how many championship rings they have in the nba. Do I want them to have success in the nba when they leave here? Of course. I may even check in on box scores from time to time to see how they are doing. But that's where it ends.

Just ask KY how awesome it is to send five guys to the nba, without one of them being a national champion.

Since when is nba players and nba statistics the benchmark for successul NCAA programs? Unfortunetly its become that way, which to me is everything that is wrong with collage basketball these days.

fan345678
04-19-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm just bitter that Rashad McCants failed out of the NBA and is now in Europe (I think). He would have put us over the top of NBA'ers.

Y'all do have a better fight song.

Lord Ash
04-19-2010, 09:10 PM
What on earth was the point of this thread?

Duke: 2010 National Champs.

Carolina didn't even win the NIT.

Oh, and Kyle Singler is coming back.

This feels like a bitter post.

Johnboy
04-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Don't worry should have Demarcus cousins and Daniel Ewing in the league oh yea and J-will. But I was referring to the thread starter but that's cool. haha

Demarcus Cousins? Do you mean Nelson?

Johnboy
04-19-2010, 09:12 PM
Y'all do have a better fight song.

Yeah, especially the line about "Tar Heel dead."

shoutingncu
04-19-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah, especially the line about "Tar Heel dead."

I'm partial to the "Shouting N... C... U..." part, myself. I have to plead ignorance, was that the name of the university when we were the White Phantoms?

Last time I checked success is measured by wins and national championships, not how many players a program can produce in the nba.

I don't mind using that metric, either. :)

NovaScotian
04-19-2010, 09:46 PM
More interesting facts:

Points scored by Duke on March 6, 2010: 82.
Points scored by UNC on March 6, 2010: 50.

frankly, these stats mean the most to me.

Duvall
04-19-2010, 10:06 PM
UNC 74
Duke 50

Bad news, everyone. Looks like Carolina is going to have a good chance at increasing this margin next year.

jdj4duke
04-19-2010, 11:26 PM
I fail to see any relevance...unless you're trying to use the ratio of NCAA championships to NBA players to demonstrate the extent to which UNC has historically underachieved.

And thus the conclusion that coaching at UNC must be the reason.

monkey
04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
And thus the conclusion that coaching at UNC must be the reason.

That's not really fair - there could be other reasons for this dramatic underachievement - like poor fan support in the Dean Dome and elsewhere

kyriecrazy2013
04-20-2010, 11:06 AM
No, to be truly petty, one would have to mention:

Career point scored on own goal:

Rasheed Wallace 2.

(The only points he has scored in the paint all year)

No, no, no. He has done it twice:)

Career points scored on own goal:

Rasheed Wallace: 4

kyriecrazy2013
04-20-2010, 11:14 AM
Here is the first time in 08:

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=281113009

also see the thread 'sheed stupidity

alteran
04-20-2010, 11:25 AM

You don't seem bitter to me. I'm reserving judgment on the OP.

Then again, I'm feeling surprisingly magnanimous these days. Can't imagine why.

As I've said before, I don't know why you guys hang out here at a time like this. I mean that as a compliment, BTW. I lack that kind of intestinal fortitude.

alteran
04-20-2010, 11:28 AM
Bad news, everyone. Looks like Carolina is going to have a good chance at increasing this margin next year.

:D .

Well played, Duvall. Well played.

superdave
04-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Maybe we could change this thread to a discussion of "With all that talent, how did Dean only win 2 titles?"

I think 1984, Jordan's jr year is at the top of the list. Jordan, Perkins, Smith, Doherty, Daughtery, Lebo, Hale. That's off the top of my head so may be a little off. Jordan won 1 college title and 6 NBA ones. Dean recruited his way to the front of the pack, then coached his way back towards the middle.

hurleyfor3
04-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Y'all got the terminology backwards. You shoot at your own goal in basketball. It's the opposite of most other "goal sports". NBA rules:

Section I-Basket/Backboard
a. A team's basket consists of the basket ring and net through which its players try to shoot the ball.

-----
d. A field goal accidentally scored in an opponent's basket shall be added to the opponent's score, credited to the opposing player nearest the shooter and mentioned in a footnote.
e. It is a violation for a player to attempt a field goal at an opponent's basket. The opposing team will be awarded the bal at the free throw line extended.

Kdogg
04-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Maybe we could change this thread to a discussion of "With all that talent, how did Dean only win 2 titles?"

Or the flukey finishes of both championship games.