PDA

View Full Version : Last shot (sort of) video

drdoctormd
04-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Hey all,

Just wanted to share my (pretty bad) video from the closing seconds of the Championship game; I still get chills from watching and hearing it--even though we were so far away we could hardly see the court. It was the fourth Duke FF I've been to--for once the Devils finally did it! There are two things I would say this video highlights: 1) I read reports saying that there were 60+ thousand Butler fans and only about 6,000 Duke fans there, which was clearly not the case--and not by a long shot by my first-hand impression; and 2) I never want to go to another basketball game with 70,000 other people again.

And yes, this is my second post, but lest I appear to be a bandwagon-fan, I've been a ginormous fan since--oh--about 1975, when I was drowning in a sea of carowhina blue (ptui!) in North Carolina. I've lurked here for a good long while, though, and I really appreciate the decency and wit and normally objective info you guys offer. I like to think of myself as one of the biggest fans who never attended Duke. My wife is lucky she is a Dukie, though, because there's no one else who could understand the depths of my devotion. I've chided her recently about not being a "real" fan, but my faith in her Duke-ness was restored during the game (first of all because she let me go), when she awakened our 5-year old to watch the last couple minutes of the NC game. All is well and she can now stay married to me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44905179@N00/4527823589/

OZZIE4DUKE
04-19-2010, 06:22 PM
Your view looks a lot like the one I had in Tampa in 1999. Could barely see the court, had a bad angle on the video boards, and is a big reason why I stayed home and watched in my den, where I could really see the game!

Glad you had a great time and that your wife let you go, and that you are keeping her around a little longer!

drdoctormd
04-19-2010, 06:28 PM
Oh gosh that Tampa one hurt--we actually scored some prime seats in the athletic directors' section. I sat beside Mike Jarvis and in front of John Wooden the whole time during that FF. Thing was, we were only a couple rows behind the press and we could only see the players from the knees up.

Don't get me started on the terrible end-game coaching job in 1999....

DukeDevil
04-19-2010, 07:30 PM
hey you were in my section! I was just a couple of rows in front of you I believe. I was in the second row in the middle

ah the celebration

drdoctormd
04-19-2010, 09:02 PM
No way! Well I guess it's only logical if we got our tix from the same place (Iron Dukes). Did you see yourself? I've got a couple more vids I think...just shot it with my point and shoot.