PDA

View Full Version : I woke up this morning...

DukeCO2009
04-17-2010, 12:51 PM
...and couldn't breathe through my nose because of my allergies. I had (have) a hangover that made me feel like my head was getting squeezed with a giant vise and my intestines had been ripped out. I decided to make myself a greasy, fatty breakfast- it's never failed me- but my eggs had gone bad and I was out of bacon. I settled for cereal...dry cereal- my milk was spoiled. I turned on my TV; satellite was down. I was miserable.

As I sat on my couch staring at the blank screen and contemplating my life, I glanced down at my coffee table. On it sat an issue of Sports Illustrated featuring the 2010 NCAA Men's Basketball National Champions.

I smiled.

Life it good :cool:.

Discuss how suddenly recalling that we're National Champions has lifted your spirits over the past week and a half :).

mattman91
04-17-2010, 02:33 PM
I made a 63 on my psychology test thursday which dropped my grade from an A to a B, and was a little down...but then i realized, DUKE is the 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. My brother and dad (tarhole fans) have crawled back into ther caves, and I'm reminded....its great to be a BLUE DEVIL.

stillcrazie
04-17-2010, 02:52 PM
I walked around Chapel Hill in my NCAA 2010 Champs t-shirt and watched people do double-takes and then walk away staring at the ground.

PADukeMom
04-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I had to work today which I seldom do. I sold a $30,000 kitchen because I knew exactly what the wife was looking for.
After I finished working I stopped off at where my son works. His boss had on a Carolina sweatshirt & hat. It felt so good to ask him how it felt to go from champs to NIT losers. Felt great!
Was SI the only magazine with us on the cover?

blazindw
04-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Last night on my plane to Miami, the guy next to me sits down, looks at my championship cap and shirt that I was wearing and groans, "you're not a Duke fan, are you?" I give him the biggest smile this side of the Mississippi and go "Yes. I. Am." The look on his face, knowing that he was stuck in the middle seat next to a Duke fan, was priceless. He lets out an audible groan, and I smile even wider. Hi, haters! :)

Kewlswim
04-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Last night on my plane to Miami, the guy next to me sits down, looks at my championship cap and shirt that I was wearing and groans, "you're not a Duke fan, are you?" I give him the biggest smile this side of the Mississippi and go "Yes. I. Am." The look on his face, knowing that he was stuck in the middle seat next to a Duke fan, was priceless. He lets out an audible groan, and I smile even wider. Hi, haters! :)

Hi,

Is the guy hoping you will say, "No, I hate Duke, that is why I wear their stuff. I am into self-hating." or maybe, "My boss is a Duke fan so I have to keep him happy. I went to Carolina and nobody in management in the company is from there." :)

GO DUKE!

snowdenscold
04-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Hi,

Is the guy hoping you will say, "... I went to Carolina and nobody in management in the company is from there." :)

GO DUKE!

I wish I could say that but one of our big-time SVP's (60,000+ company) is not only a Carolina grad, but was essentially a recruited walk-on who played with Michael Jordan. Thankfully my management chain is a parallel path that avoids him, haha. Oh well, at least our CEO attended Duke briefly and roots for us.