PDA

View Full Version : Football season ticket renewals

OZZIE4DUKE
04-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Football season tickets must be renewed THIS MONTH or you will lose your seat(s). My, how times are changing! :eek: The person in the ticket office I spoke with said they mailed out a small card but no big renewal package this year. Glad I didn't wait! :cool::D

fitimi1
04-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the update. I received a promotional postcard "signed" by Coach, but there was nothing in the message about time limits for renewals.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the update. I received a promotional postcard "signed" by Coach, but there was nothing in the message about time limits for renewals.
I actually got that postcard in the mail today too. But it was a young lady in the ticket office this morning who told me about the time limit being this month. I said I'd wait until I could order an Alabama ticket (which becomes available to sesaon ticket holders) on May 3rd to renew my tickets, and then she told me about the deadline this month. Maybe she made that up to press me to order today, but I doubt it.

CBDUKE
04-16-2010, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have not received a card or anything in the mail. I called the ticket office to renew and they told me the end of April for renewals is correct.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-16-2010, 04:46 PM
I actually got that postcard in the mail today too. But it was a young lady in the ticket office this morning who told me about the time limit being this month. I said I'd wait until I could order an Alabama ticket (which becomes available to sesaon ticket holders) on May 3rd to renew my tickets, and then she told me about the deadline this month. Maybe she made that up to press me to order today, but I doubt it.

She didn't make up the deadline. I know someone who renewed today and was told the same thing.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I have not received a card or anything in the mail. I called the ticket office to renew and they told me the end of April for renewals is correct.

She didn't make up the deadline. I know someone who renewed today and was told the same thing.
Well, if nothing else, they have a consistent story... Tell a lie often enough and people believe it as the truth. Example - Duke gets all the calls... :eek:

Duke LaLoosh
04-16-2010, 05:38 PM
They are probably pressing people due to a high volume of new season ticket purchases. The higher demand is likely attributed to Alabama fans. Duke season tickets cost them about $65 a piece, which is the same cost for one game in Tuscaloosa. I live in Alabama, and I know 32 Alabama fans who purchased Duke season tickets just to attend the one game (yes... 32 tickets). So if you want Wallace Wade to be filled with blue rather than crimson (and prevent them from wasting the rest of the tickets) I'd jump on the season ticket renewal asap.

Gewebe14
04-16-2010, 05:46 PM
We met some people at the ACC Tournament (B-ball) who told us they knew Alabama fans buying season tickets for Duke because it was easier than getting a ticket for any single Bama game. Its gonna be hilarious when we destroy them.

4decadedukie
04-17-2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks, Ozzie, for the heads-up. I had (inaccurately) presumed I could renew in early-July, using the forms I receive with my Iron Dukes donation materials.

ChrisP
04-17-2010, 11:34 AM
Looks like prices are up too. I usually buy the "Family Plan" where you get 4 tickets to all home games. For years, it's been like $199 but looks like they raised the price by 25% for this coming year! I'm glad that the football program is attracting more fans and so I guess it's inevitable that they'd raise prices but a 25% bump in one year seems a bit steep to me. The Family package is still the best deal, I guess but..I've got some thinking to do.

Jarhead
04-17-2010, 12:30 PM
I went on-line last night to enter my order. I did not complete it, because it did not assign me to the same seats, or any seats. Bummer. I have had these seats for almost 40 years. I'll be calling the office on Monday morning to get this straightened out. And I'll find out about the deadline, if I remember to ask about it. That was a nice card I got from Coach Cut, too. It had a picture of him holding up a jersey with my name on it. That was nice of him.

CameronBornAndBred
04-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Looks like prices are up too. I usually buy the "Family Plan" where you get 4 tickets to all home games. For years, it's been like $199 but looks like they raised the price by 25% for this coming year! I'm glad that the football program is attracting more fans and so I guess it's inevitable that they'd raise prices but a 25% bump in one year seems a bit steep to me. The Family package is still the best deal, I guess but..I've got some thinking to do.
There is also another game this year, 7 instead of 6, so it makes sense that they are more.

NYC Duke Fan
04-17-2010, 03:05 PM
I see that in 2011 and 2012 we have a home and home with Stanford and that in 2012 we play Vanderbilt.

I think that if possible Duke should schedule its out of conference games with the likes of Stanford, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Rice..top academic private schools in the ilk of Duke.I know that Duke has played home and home games with the afore-mentioned schools and should continue to do so.

Just my opinion instead of Elon and Florida International etc.

CameronBornAndBred
04-17-2010, 03:47 PM
I see that in 2011 and 2012 we have a home and home with Stanford and that in 2012 we play Vanderbilt.

I think that if possible Duke should schedule its out of conference games with the likes of Stanford, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Rice..top academic private schools in the ilk of Duke.I know that Duke has played home and home games with the afore-mentioned schools and should continue to do so.

Just my opinion instead of Elon and Florida International etc.
I'm pretty sure we will always schedule a lower tier team, most programs do. We just don't want to schedule two of them again, at least not without beating both. :rolleyes:

Bob Green
04-17-2010, 05:38 PM

Do you have a link which shows Vanderbilt on our 2012 schedule? I can't find one. The link below shows the games against Stanford and FIU but does not reflect Vandy in 2012:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/duke_future.htm

fitimi1
04-17-2010, 05:43 PM
I also tried to renew on line and like "Jarhead" could not confirm as in years past my same two seats, so I to will be calling Monday.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-17-2010, 08:41 PM
The booking engine used for ticket purchasing is new software for the ticket office. Came online after the first of the year. I found that I had to register, go through getting a new password to be able to access a screen with my current seats.

DU82
04-18-2010, 12:35 AM
The booking engine used for ticket purchasing is new software for the ticket office. Came online after the first of the year. I found that I had to register, go through getting a new password to be able to access a screen with my current seats.

The new id and password were included in an e-mail back in, I think, February, the one that announced that football season tickets were on sale. The same info was included in any post-season basketball e-mail from the Iron Dukes. I was stumped for a little while, too.

ChrisP
04-18-2010, 12:56 AM
There is also another game this year, 7 instead of 6, so it makes sense that they are more.

You know, as soon as I posted that other note, I thought, "Hmmm...maybe there's an additional home game this year and THAT's why the price is up." That does make sense now, thanks.

DUH! :eek:

NYC Duke Fan
04-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Do you have a link which shows Vanderbilt on our 2012 schedule? I can't find one. The link below shows the games against Stanford and FIU but does not reflect Vandy in 2012:

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/duke_future.htm

It is www.fbschedules.com. Duke plays Vanderbilt on October 12, 2012

Bob Green
04-18-2010, 08:27 AM
It is www.fbschedules.com. Duke plays Vanderbilt on October 12, 2012

Thanks! I appreciate the link.

Kimist
04-19-2010, 10:27 AM
Earlier today I renewed my football season ticket order using goduke.com

What I thought was my password did not work. When I requested it to be sent to my email address, I got something I had never seen before (all numbers).

In any case, the initial order screen showed my exact seat locations and with a couple of mouse clicks the order was placed and a printed receipt is now in hand.

k

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-19-2010, 10:59 AM
Earlier today I renewed my football season ticket order using goduke.com

What I thought was my password did not work. When I requested it to be sent to my email address, I got something I had never seen before (all numbers).

In any case, the initial order screen showed my exact seat locations and with a couple of mouse clicks the order was placed and a printed receipt is now in hand.

k

What you experienced is new booking engine software which the Ticket Office now employs online. If you wish to change the arbitrary password to one of your own creation, just go to your profile and change it. Since this is newly set up, it's not a bad idea to check out the accuracy of your profile information.

Kimist
04-19-2010, 11:24 AM
What you experienced is new booking engine software which the Ticket Office now employs online. If you wish to change the arbitrary password to one of your own creation, just go to your profile and change it. Since this is newly set up, it's not a bad idea to check out the accuracy of your profile information.

Perhaps - my point is the password I had used previously (user selected) no longer worked. Whether I had a "new" one or it was "reset" today is unknown to me. I guess I can always change the password to a more user-friendly format.

In any case, all of the profile information (name/address/phone/email) was completely correct and the same way it was the last time I checked it...perhaps at basketball renewal time?

My greatest worry was the "random seat" purchase, but as mentioned earlier my seat locations shown today were also correct.

The $15.00 processing fee bothered me - I think it gets even higher if you "talk" to a real person in the ticket office.

k