PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Davidson and DBAP

gep
04-16-2010, 03:52 AM
I don't think that Jordan was a scholarship player(?)... but he was a "senior". I feel kinda bad for him that, while he was recognized at "senior nite", he apparently wasn't recognized as a "senior" at DBAP. I think Jordan was as much of this year's Duke team as every other team member. When he took that last 3-pointer in the WVA game, my first thought was "no... don't shoot". But, with the time remaining (shot clock expiring), and it being Jordan, I was more than totally OK with it going in. And, Coach K's expression after the made 3-pointer was like "don't blame me... I didn't ask for it"... but I loved it. I just want to give a shout out for Jordan... THANK YOU!!!!:)

MCFinARL
04-16-2010, 08:31 AM
He walked on originally but has been on scholarship for a few years. Agreed that Jordan Davidson should be given credit. I think one of the reasons this team has been tougher and better than the teams of the last couple of years is that they have had better players to scrimmage against in practice, and Jordan has been part of that. But technically, he is not a "senior" but a grad student using up his fourth year of eligibility.

At DBAP, they did honor the entire team, but only the three true seniors threw out the first pitch. While it might have been nice to include Jordan Davidson in that, his graduate status may be the reason rather than his lower level of playing time.

As for that three-pointer, even better than Coach K's face was the reaction of Wojo, who could clearly be seen saying "no ******* way"!

Acymetric
04-16-2010, 09:34 AM
He walked on originally but has been on scholarship for a few years. Agreed that Jordan Davidson should be given credit. I think one of the reasons this team has been tougher and better than the teams of the last couple of years is that they have had better players to scrimmage against in practice, and Jordan has been part of that. But technically, he is not a "senior" but a grad student using up his fourth year of eligibility.

At DBAP, they did honor the entire team, but only the three true seniors threw out the first pitch. While it might have been nice to include Jordan Davidson in that, his graduate status may be the reason rather than his lower level of playing time.

As for that three-pointer, even better than Coach K's face was the reaction of Wojo, who could clearly be seen saying "no ******* way"!

Even though he's got a scholarship he is still a walk-on (he was never recruited). He got the scholarship because Coach K almost always gives available scholarships to walk-ons who have been with the team when he can.

MulletMan
04-16-2010, 09:40 AM
I think y'all may be upset over a technicality. Jordan was a senior last year, but graduated. He is technically NOT a senior this year, but is a graduate student. This may be the reason.

I'm not saying its right or wrong, just that it is what it is.

MCFinARL
04-16-2010, 01:25 PM
Acymetric--
Point taken. Thanks.

DukieInBrasil
04-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Regardless of his non-Sr. status, making that 3 vs WVU will be a great memory for him the rest of his life. Was that the best moment in his Duke career? My vote says yes!!!

pfrduke
04-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Regardless of his non-Sr. status, making that 3 vs WVU will be a great memory for him the rest of his life. Was that the best moment in his Duke career? My vote says yes!!!

As far as his on-court moments, I'm not sure that's really up for debate.

uh_no
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
As mullet man said...he's a grad student....

mattman91
04-16-2010, 03:52 PM
since jordan was brought up....you know he did have division one offers. he also played a year of prep nall at Blair Academy...(where Luol Deng played). i believe jordan had offers from Richmond, Arkansas State, Cal Poly, and Southern Miss ( http://rivals.yahoo.com/duke/basketball/recruiting/player-Jordan-Davidson-39124 ) sometimes people underestimate how good some walk-ons really are

coldriver10
04-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I still have a hard time believing Jordan's 6'1"...

weezie
04-16-2010, 07:06 PM
He actually looks taller up close.
And WAY handsome....really. And very polite to this old lady.:)

LSanders
04-16-2010, 08:10 PM
As stated ... The clock was expiring, and, in case it wasn't noticed, there was a basketball game in progress. His only other option would have been to simply hand the ball over.

Personally, however, after the infamous floor slap, I jumped up and cheered ... For Jordan and for the cherry on top of the oh-so-sweet sundae that was that game!!

Newton_14
04-16-2010, 09:08 PM
To get even more "technical", technically Jordan is a "Redshirt" Senior as K redshirted Jordan last year figuring he would be short on guards this year and need him. Great plan.

Congrats to Jordan. He was a big part of a National Championship team..

ACCBBallFan
04-16-2010, 10:29 PM
I thought he had been recognized on senior night the year before last, with this year being a bonus thanks to the red shirt.

Aparently his injury was fairly severe and he only came back because Duke was so low in number of guards on roster. So the ultimate walk on team guy to simulate opposnents PG when Seht was not in that role and to give Duek enough bodies ot simualte a 3 guard opponent without having to revert to Casey Peters to do so.