PDA

View Full Version : Commemorative Edition SI in 91,92,or 01?

gofurman
04-15-2010, 09:25 PM
I am trying to collect the other SI Mags from 91,92,01 - were there "commemorative" issues in those years or just the regular issue? Thanks

I know in 92 there is the "regular" cover with Hurley on the front "Duke, led by Bobby Hurley.... first repeat champs in 19 years". But I don't know if these SI mags from back then offered a commemorative issue also?

I have been looking on Ebay and can't seem to find "commemorative issues" ?

thanks. please let me know about each year :

mr. synellinden
04-15-2010, 09:42 PM
I am trying to collect the other SI Mags from 91,92,01 - were there "commemorative" issues in those years or just the regular issue? Thanks

I know in 92 there is the "regular" cover with Hurley on the front "Duke, led by Bobby Hurley.... first repeat champs in 19 years". But I don't know if these SI mags from back then offered a commemorative issue also?

I have been looking on Ebay and can't seem to find "commemorative issues" ?

thanks. please let me know about each year :

There was one in 2001 (I have it - the headline is CHAMPS!). I don't believe there was one in 91 or 92.

gofurman
04-15-2010, 09:49 PM
thanks - anyone with more information please let me know!

also, i know what the 10 (Scheyer), 01 (Oh So Sweet), 92 (Hurley) covers look like... what does the Regular SI from 91 Title say or look like? Thanks.

6th Man
04-15-2010, 09:52 PM
I framed all of the regular Sports Illustrated championship covers. Haven't framed Scheyer yet, but had been wanting to hang a fourth. The '91 cover has Grant Hill rebounding the ball and the title says Wish Granted.

6th Man
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Speaking of those covers in '91 and '92, it is amazing Laettner never made the cover. Obviously Hill and Hurley were studs, but I remember being surprised Hill made the '91 cover as a freshman. Laettner did make a preseason cover...but nothing from the 2 Championship games.

gofurman
04-15-2010, 10:07 PM
I framed all of the regular Sports Illustrated championship covers. Haven't framed Scheyer yet, but had been wanting to hang a fourth. The '91 cover has Grant Hill rebounding the ball and the title says Wish Granted.

Thanks - that is exactly what I needed to know. And you have done what I am wanting to do - great minds think alike and so do we ;)

As a final question - Has anyone done a nice game room ,etc memorobilia differently ? I kind of figured the defacto best was the framed SIs from the 4 years (with I gues both the reg and commemorative from 01 and 10). So 4 nice framed pics.

Anyone with other ideas? Framed Durham Heralds? Signed Balls (pricey but nice)? I would like to hear ideas. thank you

nmduke2001
04-15-2010, 11:13 PM
I have the Chronicles from 2001 (my senior year) and now 2010 framed in my office. I have not been able to come up with the 91-92 editions. I'm sure the Chronicle would make a ton of money if they re-printed those issues and sold them to alumni.