PDA

View Full Version : Gibbons TOC

graybead
05-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Anyone have any info on the TOC this weekend, such as AAU teams and players who are coming that we need to watch? I'm not finding much information on the AAU teams this year. I know I want to see Greg Monroe if he'll be here.

Bob Green
05-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Anyone have any info on the TOC this weekend, such as AAU teams and players who are coming that we need to watch? I'm not finding much information on the AAU teams this year. I know I want to see Greg Monroe if he'll be here.

Here is a link: http://www.bobgibbons.net/index.php?/weblog/article/2007_tournament_of_champions_schedule_of_games_by_ site/

Bob Green
Yokosuka, Japan

graybead
05-23-2007, 09:05 AM
I was just going to put up that link. Now that the schedule is out, anyone know some players to watch and which teams they are on?

dwater
05-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Damn, that's a lot of teams. Wish that link had a list of players, but it may take up the entire bandwidth of the internet! :)

graybead
05-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Well, at first glace this year's tournament looks a little down from the past. Unless there is some team hopping, the top two prospects according to Scout.com appear to be Brandon Jennings (#7) and then Trey Thompkins (#16). Jennings plays with the So. Cal All-Stars and Thompkins with the Atlanta Celtics. The Atlanta Celtics look to be the best team. Besides Thompkins, they have Chris Singleton (#33) and Derrick Favors (#4, '09).

The only other top 10 rising Juniors (besides Favors) are #5 Lance Stephenson who plays with the Juice All-Stars, #8 Karron Johnson with the Richmond Squires, and #10 Kenny Boyton with Team Breakdown, FL.

I'm not sure who Elliot Williams plays for, but the other Duke recruits play for teams that are not on the schedule.

wbs2455
05-24-2007, 11:06 AM
Does anyone have info on the top teams/players who will be in town for the TOC this weekend? ACC targets?
Will seniors like Kevin Love, Eric Gordon and Mike Beasley be playing for their teams (all of whom seem scheduled to play)?