PDA

View Full Version : Scheyer or Langdon?

GOD
04-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Who would you have rather had on your team, Scheyer or Trajan Langdon (some of you may not remember him)

dukeimac
04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
When Langdon played, Langdon.

When Scheyer played, Scheyer.

Why would one even ask this question? Asking this question is about the same of asking, should Duke have passed on one of these guys?

strawbs
04-15-2010, 11:01 AM
loved langdon but scheyer did so much more. +1 scheyer

Jaymf7
04-15-2010, 11:07 AM
Overall, Scheyer is the better player. He was able to do a bit of everything -- most importantly running a team and offense. Scheyer was more creative and effective with the dribble (something that still haunts me when I think of the last possession in the 1999 title game). Scheyer was critical for our team that had so many different roster looks over his 4 years. He was likely the better defender as well.

That said, Langdon was clearly the better shooter. His was an elite (professional) level skill, which has given him a highly successful career overseas. Like Redick, he was drafted in the lottery based on that skill. He played on pretty stacked teams and I would have likely played him over Scheyer in 1998 and 1999 because we had less need for a do-it-all guy.

flyingdutchdevil
04-15-2010, 11:07 AM
When Langdon played, Langdon.

When Scheyer played, Scheyer.

Why would one even ask this question? Asking this question is about the same of asking, should Duke have passed on one of these guys?

Lighten up. It's a forum.

I'd choose Scheyer. But Langdon had the much cooler nick name.