PDA

View Full Version : Duke at UofL

sbpollo
04-13-2010, 05:35 AM
I was hoping Duke would play UofL as first game in the new arena. The Courier Journal reports today that talks are off. That would have been awesome for us stalwarts in this area!

Cameron
04-13-2010, 05:38 AM
Damn. I had already been planning to buy tickets for this one, since the drive is only about six hours.

That's unfortunate.

Anyone know of any other games in the midwestern United States that we might schedule next season? I am going to try my hardest to make it out to the CBE Classic and hopefully a game with Butler in Indy will materialize.

4decadedukie
04-13-2010, 07:23 AM
I wonder if any "bad blood" remains between the athletic hierarchies of Duke and Louisville, as a result of the relatively recent football lawsuit?

basket1544
04-13-2010, 07:33 AM
I think the rumor of the Butler game is that it would be either in MSG or NJ.

OZZIE4DUKE
04-13-2010, 09:02 AM
I think the rumor of the Butler game is that it would be either in MSG or NJ.
I got the impression from the article I read that the game will be at whatever they call The Meadowlands arena now.

blazindw
04-13-2010, 10:01 AM
I got the impression from the article I read that the game will be at whatever they call The Meadowlands arena now.

I actually don't think it will be there. The now-Izod Center is even losing the Nets, who are moving to the Prudential Center for 2 seasons while Barclays Center is being built. Maybe they take the opportunity to play it there instead of the Izod Center, which will be maintained for now only for concerts and shows. Also, with the opening of the Meadowlands Xanadu, the largest shopping center in the U.S., right across the street, I don't think they'll want all that traffic with people driving. My educated guess, if not a home-and-home, is either MSG or the Prudential Center.

hurleyfor3
04-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Izod Center, Prudential Center, Barclays Center, Xanadu. These names confuse me. Whatever this Xanadu thing is, Olivia Newton-John had better be somehow involved. Why do they have to keep tearing down buildings that are the site of great Duke basketball moments, anyway? What about the Metrodome, is that still there or is it named after Best Buy or something?

We were 3-1 in the Midwest this year, btw.

Duvall
04-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Izod Center, Prudential Center, Barclays Center, Xanadu. These names confuse me. Whatever this Xanadu thing is, Olivia Newton-John had better be somehow involved. Why do they have to keep tearing down buildings that are the site of great Duke basketball moments, anyway? What about the Metrodome, is that still there or is it named after Best Buy or something?

Mall of America Field at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome is still home to the Minnesota Vikings, at least for now, though it is much too small to ever host another Final Four at a mere 50,000 seats for basketball.

Brian913
04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
I actually don't think it will be there. The now-Izod Center is even losing the Nets, who are moving to the Prudential Center for 2 seasons while Barclays Center is being built. Maybe they take the opportunity to play it there instead of the Izod Center, which will be maintained for now only for concerts and shows. Also, with the opening of the Meadowlands Xanadu, the largest shopping center in the U.S., right across the street, I don't think they'll want all that traffic with people driving. My educated guess, if not a home-and-home, is either MSG or the Prudential Center.

I doubt Xanadu (the ugliest building in the country ) will be open by then. The Prudential CEnter will be the east regional site and would be a great location for the game.