PDA

View Full Version : defensive assignments during tourney

ambitiouspear
04-12-2010, 12:29 AM
I've been trying to remember the different defensive assignments in the last few games of the tourney. Can anyone help me out? Anyone have a better memory than me?

Butler
Singler: Hayward
Scheyer: Mack
Smith: Nored
Zoubek: Howard
Thomas: Veasley/Jukes

WVU
Singler:Banks
Scheyer: Mazulla
Smith: Butler
Zoubek: Smith
Thomas:

Baylor:
Singler:
Scheyer:
Smith: Dunn?
Zoubek:
Thomas:

chrisheery
04-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Singler guarded both Butler and Dunn most of those games. Smith guarded Mazzula and Tweety Carter. He usually had Mack too, I think. I think Scheyer guarded Veasley, Christopher, and Banks. There was a lot of switching on each possession, though. Not sure about any of this, just how I remember it.

Jumbo
04-12-2010, 01:52 AM
I've been trying to remember the different defensive assignments in the last few games of the tourney. Can anyone help me out? Anyone have a better memory than me?

Butler
Singler: Hayward
Scheyer: Mack
Smith: Nored
Zoubek: Howard
Thomas: Veasley/Jukes

WVU
Singler:Banks
Scheyer: Mazulla
Smith: Butler
Zoubek: Smith
Thomas:

Baylor:
Singler:
Scheyer:
Smith: Dunn?
Zoubek:
Thomas:

Against Butler, I recall Singler getting the primary assignment on Hayward but Scheyer guarding him for a decent portion of the game.
Against West Virginia, Singler opened on Butler, Scheyer guarded Ebanks and Smith guarded Mazulla.
Against Baylor, Singler guarded Dunn (we wanted size on him), Smith took Carter and Scheyer guarded Jones.
In those games, the post guys took the obvious choices among the starters (Zoubek had Howard, Wellington Smith and Lomers; Thomas had Veasley, Kevin Jones and Udoh).