PDA

View Full Version : Best Moments of This WHOLE Season

DukieBoy
04-12-2010, 12:26 AM
Just thought I'd get everyone's thoughts on their favorite moment/play this year. Obviously, let's rule out winning the title, as it's everyone's number 1.

My top would be

1. Beating Purdue (Since I'm an IU student)
2. Embarrassing UNC
3. Winning ACC title & ACC tourney
4. 17-0 at home
5. Getting our first "road" win at Clemson in impressive fashion

CampbellBlueDevil
04-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Zoubs break out game against Maryland would definitely be high on my list... I may have gotten a little teary eyed watching him put up those numbers.

30scheyer
04-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Duke's win at Carolina...especially Mason's reverse jam

davekay1971
04-12-2010, 08:59 AM
Two favorites:

1) The whole game in Cameron against UNC. Especially the first half demolition and the smile on K's face when Scheyer came out.
2) Scheyer's 3 pointer to finish off Ga Tech in the ACC tournament championship game.

weezie
04-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Gosh, that carolina game in Cameron was just such an absolute thigh slapper of fun and howling laughter....:D
The defense at the end of the ACC gtech game was breathtaking...
greivis' sulky puss during the beatdown in Cameron...
Too hard to single out any one moment.

But it has to be the smile on Kyle's face as the team piles on him at the end of the National Championship game.

NSDukeFan
04-12-2010, 09:39 AM
Some other highlights for me included:
1) beating UCONN to win the first tournament of the year, despite not shooting well
2) hammering Gonzaga
3) beating Clemson at Littlejohn
4) rebounding after the losses at NC State and Georgetown
5) beating Maryland at Cameron
6) beating UNC at the Dean Dome
7) hammering UNC on Seniors night to finish 17-0 at home
and of course the rest is history, ACC champs, and each great weekend of the NCAA tournament

4decadedukie
04-12-2010, 09:59 AM
All of the foregoing inputs are spot-on, but I want to add the decisive WVU National Semi-Final victory. Obviously WVU is a GOOD team; however, defeating them by 21 -- especially after the ways in which they disrespected Duke in 2008 NCAA Tournament --was wonderful (and, obviously, this tough win both silenced critics (WVU merited the last #1 seed) and allowed us to move on to capture the 2010 National Championship).

For that matter, the Baylor victory – against a very good and tenacious team – doubtless warrants recognition.

GP3NY
04-12-2010, 10:55 AM
and the fact that we killed the big east tourney champion by 21 pts was nice too!

Ohiobobcat204
04-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Two favorites:

1) The whole game in Cameron against UNC. Especially the first half demolition and the smile on K's face when Scheyer came out.
2) Scheyer's 3 pointer to finish off Ga Tech in the ACC tournament championship game.

I have never enjoyed a regular season game the same way I did that night. We just could not be stopped. THe Jon to Miles alley-oop where kyle threw is arms out and all the players celebrated was outstanding. First thing that comes to mind from the regular season this year for me!!

elvis14
04-12-2010, 11:03 AM
When the clock read 0:00 in the National Championship game!

I honestly was shocked that it ended so abruptly and we were the winners. I was so happy in that moment!

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-12-2010, 11:41 AM
The Nolan Smith show vs Baylor. He was outstanding.

UrinalCake
04-12-2010, 11:47 AM
The Carolina game in Cameron had to be Best Moment #2 for me. Honestly, we will probably win another National Championship before a destruction like that happens again. The whole evening was a blast - the halftime show where the announcers had nothing to talk about and just goofed around, the awesome performance by the Crazies that really came through on TV, the senior speeches... man, what a night.

uh_no
04-12-2010, 12:11 PM
The Carolina game in Cameron had to be Best Moment #2 for me. Honestly, we will probably win another National Championship before a destruction like that happens again. The whole evening was a blast - the halftime show where the announcers had nothing to talk about and just goofed around, the awesome performance by the Crazies that really came through on TV, the senior speeches... man, what a night.

My favorite moment was hubert davis picking UNC to pick duke in cameron

lol

4decadedukie
04-12-2010, 12:48 PM
My favorite moment was hubert davis picking UNC to pick duke in cameron

I found it PARTICULARLY humorous when, at halftime, he so completely reversed his opinion.

MarkD83
04-12-2010, 12:55 PM
I found it PARTICULARLY humorous when, at halftime, he so completely reversed his opinion.

I usually don't rewatch halftime shows that I have taped, but I have rewatched the halftime show for the UNC game at Cameron. I also have rewatched the interview with Nolan's mom at halftime of the Nat'l Championship. Both were well worth my time.

kyriecrazy2013
04-12-2010, 01:34 PM
1. Destroying UNC in Cameron, beating them by more than there past 3 wins in Cameron combined (combined margin of victory in 2010 in both games for Duke is 7 points greater than UNC's combined margin of victory in their last 4 wins in Cameron).
2. NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
3. Ripping WVU, getting them back.

killerleft
04-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Ripping West Virginia was excellent. The only payback that counts!!

Scorp4me
04-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Following the Wake game where the Plumlee brothers combined to decimate Wake and leading into the State game I made the comment that State had no chance. It wasn't because of our big three, it was because I felt we finally had an inside game. Obviously against State, we regressed a bit. So during the Maryland game when Zoubek dunked a miss my jaw dropped and our season went from good to great. That was my favorite moment of the year.

hedevil
04-12-2010, 04:26 PM
I got to go with Z's dunk, and Jon's moment with K coming off the court towards the end of the ACC tournament championship game.

I guess I also better throw in the look on Roy's face towards the end of the NIT title game. CLASSIC!!hahaha

BlueDevilCorvette!
04-12-2010, 04:41 PM

That's so true! That's one of my top moments of the year too! Also:

1. Duke beating UNC at Chapel Hill (Mason's reverse dunk)
2. Duke beating UNC at CIS by 32 and Nolan's crossover dunk on LDII at CIS
3. Andre Dawkins 7 point spurt in the NCAA tournament with the explosive dunk down the middle!
4. Duke defeating West Virginia (always wanted to see Duke clicking on all cylinders...that was special)
5. (Tie) Duke defeating UCONN and Clemson particulary after Duke was deemed non-athletic and didn't have a prayer to win.
6. Winning the national title- this was just icing on the cake for the entire season! I was already proud of the Duke team...even more now...Go Blue Devils!

RelativeWays
04-12-2010, 04:50 PM
Miles' ally-oop dunk on the sheep at CIS while Kyle, arms raised in a V (to borrow from Eddie Vedder) celebrates in pure jubilation. If I wrote a book on this season, this would be the cover photo.

LSanders
04-12-2010, 06:02 PM
1) Zoub's coming out party against the Twerps ... I remember wondering if it was just a freakish game OR the start of something amazing!

2) Butler ...

3) WV ... Not because of revenge but because we completely dominated the "mighty" Big East champion.

Battery
04-13-2010, 12:49 AM
1) Lance's put back dunk vs. Baylor
2) Zoub's reaction after the missed Gordon Hayward shot and run back to the Duke pile
3) The Nolan to Miles alley-oop vs. unc at CIS towards the end of the game. Coffin nailed, ductaped, buried and oak tree planted on top.
4) Nolan in the Johnny Dawkins shorty shorts during the dunk contest
5) Andre's 2 threes vs. Baylor

Nrrrrvous
04-13-2010, 11:21 AM
The Mason Reverse Jam in Chapel Hill. He owns their house until proven otherwise...

DukeDevil
04-13-2010, 01:15 PM
I usually don't rewatch halftime shows that I have taped, but I have rewatched the halftime show for the UNC game at Cameron.

Any way to catch this online somewhere? I STILL haven't seen it and am dying to!

bird
04-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Z's performance in the first Maryland game -- actually, the whole scenario, the performance of the crazies, Z's struggles, Z's reaction, the team's reaction, the importance to the championship run, everything -- is a moment in time that should live forever in Duke lore.

KyDevilinIL
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call it a "great" moment this season, but I don't think we should undersell the win at Boston College. It was the first time this season we really gutted out a close one at the end – on the road, no less – and it was Z's defense that helped secure the thing at the horn.

We didn't play tremendously well, and we weren't playing a great team, but in hindsight it really exemplified the hallmarks of what became a championship team: defense, guts, Zoubek and guys stepping up in crunch time.

chrishoke
04-13-2010, 02:28 PM
Z's performance in the first Maryland game -- actually, the whole scenario, the performance of the crazies, Z's struggles, Z's reaction, the team's reaction, the importance to the championship run, everything -- is a moment in time that should live forever in Duke lore.

This - The Z Evolution. I only wish that former local radio sports talk show host at 850 the buzz Bomani Jones who unmercifully made fun of Z wasn't around to eat his words and suffer through our championship run. Viva La Beard.

NashvilleDevil
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Nolan's jumper at the buzzer against Purdue in the Sweet 16.

Duke took a 1 point lead at the half after Purdue played a pretty good 1st half and Duke had trouble getting anything going.

chuckywang
04-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Please let me know if anybody has a way for me to watch the UNC/Duke game at Cameron in its entirety. I missed it since I was out of the country.