PDA

View Full Version : 2010-2011 Preseason Ranking

CrazieDUMB
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM
Ah, with freshly cut nets safely in Cameron, this may not be the best time to bring this up, but who doesn't like looking at next year? Andy Katz has an initial ranking, although he admits it will change mightily once the draft is set on May 8.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=5060752

We're number 2, behind a Purdue team that basically will return everyone.

Loved this quote about UNC (#19); after mentioning that although their highly touted prospects finally began to show flashes at the end of the season, "there's nothing wrong with North Carolina having to earn its hype this season after a floundering winter."

Huh?
04-08-2010, 11:52 AM
Who is going to replace Chris Kramer???

I like our team next year (it will look vastly different, in personnel and style of play) even w/o Kyle......

But I will continue to savor this Championship until April 5, 2011.

RoyalBlue08
04-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Ah, with freshly cut nets safely in Cameron, this may not be the best time to bring this up, but who doesn't like looking at next year? Andy Katz has an initial ranking, although he admits it will change mightily once the draft is set on May 8.

Loved this quote about UNC (#19); after mentioning that although their highly touted prospects finally began to show flashes at the end of the season, "there's nothing wrong with North Carolina having to earn its hype this season after a floundering winter."

I don't know what our preseason ranking will be to start the season, but I sure hope it is as low as possible. I wouldn't mind for us to have to earn our hype as well. We will lose 3-4 starters. I have high hopes, but that being said, I think it is easier to have less expectations from the media. I fear that we will be ranked rather high however.

theAlaskanBear
04-08-2010, 12:00 PM

Hopefully Carolina will NOT earn their hype, but I do think will be hard to keep them out of the top 25 even if they are having a mediocre season, based solely on their reputation.

whereinthehellami
04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
I loved watching Butler this year and know that they had the 25 game winning streak and know how to win with the game on the line. But a fair amount of luck played a part in all of their close games. I don't think Butler makes it past the sweet 16 next year.

ncexnyc
04-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I loved watching Butler this year and know that they had the 25 game winning streak and know how to win with the game on the line. But a fair amount of luck played a part in all of their close games. I don't think Butler makes it past the sweet 16 next year.

And I'm sure that there are many, many fans from other schools who say the same thing about our NC.;)

MChambers
04-08-2010, 02:55 PM
And I'm sure that there are many, many fans from other schools who say the same thing about our NC.;)

Yes, but they're wrong! ;)