PDA

View Full Version : DBP: National Title Celebration

BlueintheFace
04-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Here it is. The final seconds and some ensuing celebration.

In case you are wondering what Jon is saying to Kyle, he is saying:

"Just be you. You is Enough."
--- The last words K told the team before winning the National Championship (during the timeout with 13.8 seconds left)

http://www.youtube.com/user/DukeBluePlanet?feature=mhw5#p/u/0/cchAZ3MEjEk

Dr. Tina
04-08-2010, 12:44 AM
I watched this about an hour ago and I loved it! I really loved seeing the personal moments between the players, players & Coach K, and Coach K and his assistants. I loved watching Coach K praise Zoubs, pat his head, and jump up on him practically. I also loved the exchange between Jon and Kyle. What a great video!

GoingFor#5
04-08-2010, 12:46 AM
The last 13 seconds from CIS, crazy video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTcdZ2oOvZ4

VaDukie
04-08-2010, 12:47 AM
K to Carawell: "This is the one you didn't get"

LSanders
04-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Amazing vid!!! It was very nice to see raw emotion.

Right after watching it, I watched, "A Visit with Shane in H-Town." ONLY Battier would have photos of all the refs so he can memorize their names for games ... Who's STILL you Daddy?! ;)

DevilHorns
04-08-2010, 02:19 AM
Amazing vid!!! It was very nice to see raw emotion.

Right after watching it, I watched, "A Visit with Shane in H-Town." ONLY Battier would have photos of all the refs so he can memorize their names for games ... Who's STILL you Daddy?! ;)

Who's yo daddy? Battier!!!

For those who haven't checked it out yet, Duke Hoop episodes 1.1 - 1.4 are great mini vids done by the players also available on dukeblueplanet. Really lets you see an inside look of their daily lives, personalities, and chemistry. Man I love this team.

DukeCO2009
04-08-2010, 02:24 AM
The end is awesome--K kissing the crystal trophy. Things got a little dusty at my computer desk.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-08-2010, 07:13 AM
I still get emotional after seeing Nolan hug K and Kyle.

weezie
04-08-2010, 08:22 AM
I still get emotional after seeing Nolan hug K and Kyle.

OMG, I am once again, in tears. I doubt I'll ever be able to watch any vid of these past weeks without crying.
Man, happy tears are the best!!!

should_be_working
04-08-2010, 09:52 AM
I've got a really dumb question but Duke Blue Planet just tweeted this morning:
Next DBP mag going to be a double-issue, commemorative edition celebrating the season, NCAA title.

Are these available for purchase? I looked all over the website and couldn't find a place to subscribe or purchase. I was able to view them online, are they only available online? I'd really like to have this if its available.

thanks.

BlueDevilCorvette!
04-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Just so very proud of this team and their tenacity to succeed. Their togetherness epitomizes what a team should be. This has been a special moment in our lives as Duke fans...

Eckster
04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
Watched it 5 times. Gets better each time! Love those guys. Also love K lauding Zoubs' defense and Jon quoting Coach K, " Just be you. You is enough." Just shows what an influence he has on his players and confirms that they acknowledge it and trust him. Priceless insight.

northernduke
04-08-2010, 12:54 PM
...for me was the video of the Thursday before the FF. Specifically, loved watching Nolan and Jon goofing around in the tunnel on their way to practice and walking off the court after practice. It epitomized the chemistry that brought this team so close together.

lmb
04-08-2010, 12:55 PM
I'm so glad they posted this! I was really hoping to see Carrawell's reaction because he graduated one year before the 2001 championship and he and Nate had talked about how special it would be to win one together. I feel so happy for all the coaches and staff and of course, the players.

Best TEAM ever!

GLTBD
04-08-2010, 01:06 PM
I've got a really dumb question but Duke Blue Planet just tweeted this morning:
Next DBP mag going to be a double-issue, commemorative edition celebrating the season, NCAA title.

Are these available for purchase? I looked all over the website and couldn't find a place to subscribe or purchase. I was able to view them online, are they only available online? I'd really like to have this if its available.

thanks.

Go to the bottom of the page click on Get on Blue Planet it's $35.00

juise
04-08-2010, 01:15 PM
This video made me wonder: Is Nate the first Dukie to win a title as a player and a coach?

Greg_Newton
04-08-2010, 06:08 PM
By far my favorite part was K and Zoubek: "Way to defend, WAY TO DEFEND THAT!" and then grabbing Z's head and hopping up on him like a little kid. I don't if I've ever seen him look quite so happy/proud.

Cameron
04-08-2010, 08:10 PM
"We did it, Coach. We did it."

-Chris Carrawell.

Ahhhhh, I want to run around and cheer. Thank you, Eric Maynor, Joe Alexander and the nation. This is sweeter because of you.

coldriver10
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM
I keep watching and tearing up at videos of the Crazies going crazy in the last few seconds. My blood pressure wanted the game to be a blowout win, but the last second "what's going to happen?" really made this even more special.

BlueHeaven
04-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I cried watching this after I figured out what Jon was saying. I loved the group hug the coaches had. I love this team. Heavy sigh.

Billy Dat
04-08-2010, 11:20 PM
Wow, this really is an emotion stirring video. I can't watch it without choking up either.

Thanks to everyone for the transcription notes and related insights. As others have said, knowing what they are saying to each other makes it that much harder to stay dry eyed....so why try?

Carawell is my all time favorite - his embrace with K kills me.

TheRob8801
04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Does anyone have the video that was on WRAL on the team's return to campus and the celebration in CIS downloaded? Or maybe know somewhere else that it might be hosted...

...I can't get the video to work for me, it will load about 15 seconds of it then stop...and no matter how long I pause it to let it buffer it won't go any further.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/rs/video/7368114/

This is what I'm talking about...can anyone download it and re-host it? Or upload the file...anything? Please? :D