PDA

View Full Version : Dear Jumbo

RelativeWays
04-06-2010, 11:15 PM
I can't believe you didn't post a "All Phases Complete" thread.

Jumbo
04-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I can't believe you didn't post a "All Phases Complete" thread.

Hey all! I haven't forgotten about you -- I've just been exceptionally busy. Oh, and I've been enjoying a national championship!!! (I've also been extremely superstitious. You probably didn't notice this, but at some point -- might have actually been Duke's last loss (at Maryland), I stopped posting in pre-game and post-game threads. Duke kept winning, so I stayed silent!)

Anyway, I know I have a lot of catching up to do. Need to do the final game chart, the final cumulative plus/minus stats, the Scheyer stats wrap-up, the Phase wrap-up and a few other goodies. And then I can delve into what has always been my real area of expertise on the DBR -- the NBA draft -- which seems to be an interesting topic for a lot of people right now. Who knows when I'll actually catch up on all of this non-work stuff, but I'll try!

David
04-07-2010, 08:53 PM
Jumbo - Just wanted to thank you for your 'phases' posts this season. These posts were among the most interesting and insightful pieces I read on our team over the course of this great season.

Enjoy this celebration phase! :D

grossbus
04-07-2010, 08:55 PM
"I stopped posting in pre-game and post-game threads. Duke kept winning, so I stayed silent!)"

and thanks for respecting the streak!

jv001
04-07-2010, 10:27 PM
You do a fantastic job of bringing sanity to the board and I for one appreciate that. Good work and I look forward to your next post. Go Duke!

Cameron
04-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Hey all! I haven't forgotten about you -- I've just been exceptionally busy. Oh, and I've been enjoying a national championship!!! (I've also been extremely superstitious. You probably didn't notice this, but at some point -- might have actually been Duke's last loss (at Maryland), I stopped posting in pre-game and post-game threads. Duke kept winning, so I stayed silent!)

Funny you should say that, I did the exact same thing on another site I frequent. I didn't post on one Duke pre or in-game thread during our run in the Dance, and look what resulted. I noticed this by the time we played Baylor and wasn't about to start then.

I'm always glad to hear of other superstitious people, because I always think I'm probably insane. Been that way my whole life with Duke.

(I also wore the same classic white Duke game shorts from Virginia on in March, all the way to Indianapolis and inside Lucas Oil. I have officially retired my blue circa '96 shorts.)