PDA

View Full Version : A Transfer Thing?

DukieBoy
04-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Now, I'm a relatively new Duke fan ('01 team was the first basketball game I recall watching), but I noticed a strange coincidence over the last two teams.

They each featured a big transfer: Dahntay Jones with the '01 team and Seth Curry with the '10 team. I assume it's simply coincidence, but I was wondering if anyone who was a fan back in 91-92 remembered having a big transfer help the team.

My guess is it's simply coincidence, but do you think having a transfer like that has a big impact?

BattierD12
04-06-2010, 10:32 PM
As Coach K put it back in 01, having a high-caliber player like Dahntay to practice with helps your guys deal with tougher competition down the line. Because Dahntay's "games" are essentially the practices for the team, he went all out.

Last week, Nolan pretty much said the same thing about Seth. He has improved so much as a player because he has to deal with Seth's A+ game every time they practice, cuz you know Seth is just dying to get onto the floor for a game.

Merlindevildog91
04-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I was wondering if anyone who was a fan back in 91-92 remembered having a big transfer help the team...

We didn't have any transfers in 1991-92. Seth is only our third transfer in Coach K's era, I believe. Dahntay Jones and Roshown McLeod were the first two.

Nice to have those guys around, certainly. I enjoyed watching Seth last night celebrating, with his T-shirt over his suit.

papa whiskey
04-07-2010, 04:34 AM
The thought has crossed my mind several times how sad it is that Seth will never get to play in a game with LT, Z, and particulaly Jon. I can't imagine how hard it is to give everything you have every day in practice and never get into a game. That said, based on everything people say about him, he is gonna be absolutely special next year.:D