PDA

View Full Version : How long did it take you to get to sleep?

Matches
04-06-2010, 08:23 AM
Assuming you ever did? After I shocked my heart back online, I finally managed to sack out around 1:30.

stillcrazie
04-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Assuming you ever did? After I shocked my heart back online, I finally managed to sack out around 1:30.

Same here. Had to watch every interview. I'm too tired to do any school work today -- might as well head over to Cameron.

How great is it to see bonfires on west campus instead of Franklin St.?

LET'S GO DUKE!!!

NYDukie
04-06-2010, 08:29 AM
Konked out around 1230 as I was beat since I get up 530am each morning but was up at 3:30, 4:30 and 5:15 rehashing the game each time...LOL Gotta love it!!!!

WordLife565
04-06-2010, 08:30 AM
I couldn't sleep till like 2. I had to watch all the coverage, I still can't believe that we actually won the championship this year. All the talk about Kansas, Kentucky, and Texas, and we outlasted everyone.

Mr Blue Devil
04-06-2010, 08:31 AM
I watched ESPN News till about 12:30, then I watched the last minute of the game again!

After that I took a shower, read some Duke Blue Planet and finally fell asleep around 3am I bet.

Had to be up at 6:30! I couldn't sleep either.

My wife is sick so I slept on the futon in my Duke office. Every time I woke up I just stared in to space and said, "2010 National Champions" with a smile.

Dukerati
04-06-2010, 08:51 AM
4 AM. I just stayed up envisioning what would have happened if Hayward had hit that shot. We would have seen it 10,000,000,000 times on TV. I would have had to move overseas for a few years.

91devil
04-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Didn't...!

SharkD
04-06-2010, 09:22 AM
3:30am

ramdevil
04-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Turned out the lights at 1am. Then I kept waking up with nightmares that we lost! I had to keep reminding myself that we won.

ramdevil

Tjenkins
04-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Turned out lights by 12:45, didn't wind down until 3. Woken up by thunder storm at 5, so it's zombie city for me today.

bulldog44
04-06-2010, 09:38 AM
So odd, I managed to keep my nerves maintained up until about one hour before the game. Then the excitement and "stress" slowly began to cloud me. I thought how shocked I was that we were here, we were competing for the National Championship. Yeah it sounds crazy, understandably so, especially considering I watched every game that was televised this year, and constantly contacted family and friends throughout the season to give them updates and opinions. Then we pulled out a win during an amazing game performed by 2 (IMHO) high class very talented TEAMS, the closest either had to a "typical" superstar, were the men leading the charge on opposite benches. Heart and soul was released on the floor and only one victor could celebrate, though neither should hang their head. After the buzzer, I remained stuck to the tv watching and taking in all I could until I finally dropped to sleep around 2. I woke up still in amazement. GO DUKE!!!

moonpie23
04-06-2010, 09:39 AM
3........slept well tho... :)

bluedevil007
04-06-2010, 10:14 AM
2:30 A.M. then woke up on my own at 6:15 or so. Too wired I guess.

DukeGirl4ever
04-06-2010, 10:18 AM
1:15...up again at 2:45 and awake 'til 3:15 and then up at 5:15 for work. But I couldn't take a sick/personal day and resist walking around in my NOVA nation school with a smirk on my face!

My husband better be on "kid duty" tonight so I can have a date with my sofa.

The Gordog
04-06-2010, 10:22 AM

Bed around 1:30, asleep a little before 2:00, woke up at 5:30, read some DBR, etc. until the alarm went off at 6:30.

Still wired though - don't think I'll be tired until tomorrow when it will hit me that ... the ... season's ... over :(

BleedsP287
04-06-2010, 10:31 AM
I cruised the discussion boards and watched ESPN highlights until almost 4 am. I was waiting for Digger to say something nice about us, but in the end I wore down and went to sleep.

HaveFunExpectToWin
I watched ESPN News till about 12:30, then I watched the last minute of the game again!

After that I took a shower, read some Duke Blue Planet and finally fell asleep around 3am I bet.

Had to be up at 6:30! I couldn't sleep either.

My wife is sick so I slept on the futon in my Duke office. Every time I woke up I just stared in to space and said, "2010 National Champions" with a smile.

I watched ESPNews and the live feed on the CBS site for the press conference, rewatched the last 10 minutes (it was a brutal last 10) and then surfed the web reading stories here and other places. I didn't get to bed until 2am and then, lucky me, my daughter woke up at 3am throwing up with some nasty stomach virus (TMI, I know).

Merlindevildog91
Went to bed at 1, listened to ESPN Radio feed on iTouch for a while, but couldn't sleep. Tried various calming podcasts, but kept seeing Hayward's last shot over and over.

Sleep came at 4:30. The dogs got up at 6:15. I may do what my office mate does (apparently with approval!) and fall asleep at the computer.

BlueDevilCorvette!
04-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Didn't go to bed until 4am. Stayed up looking at all the different ESPN channels then surfed the net for Duke message boards. Yes, I'm tired today at work but it was well worth it! Man what a game!

ncexnyc
04-06-2010, 10:35 AM
After coming here and then to IC, I finally got to the point where I thought I might be able to get to bed, that was around 3AM.

Reisen
04-06-2010, 10:36 AM
I actually took a 2 hour nap last night before the game (from about 7 to 9).

The wife is 9 months pregnant (due next week), and went to bed about 30 minutes after the game ended. I stayed up, watched all the post-game coverage, read some message boards online, then walked around the condo quietly talking to myself in amazement, saying things like "Wow, National Champions... I still can't believe it". It woke the wife up twice, but she thought it was cute:D

Finally went to bed around 3:30 am, and slept for about 5 hours. Should have taken my laptop home with me so I could have worked from home today...

delfrio
04-06-2010, 10:40 AM
2, after all the post-game pressers. Woke up and couldn't decide what to wear to work today, I just don't have enough Duke gear I guess.

4decadedukie
04-06-2010, 10:45 AM
To bed at 0130, a sleep around 0200, awake again at 0300 – no fooling, to consider the physics (long range requires higher velocity, causing a higher probability of rimming out) of Butler’s final shot – awake at 0730 to hit DBR and the other germane boards.

Chard
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM
12:30ish. Had to watch post game interviews, analysis, media haters eat crow but also acknowledge a great, great game. That was one exciting show!

Up way to early because little girls don't sleep in regardless of what Daddy and Mommy were watching last night. Coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee, mmmmmmmmmm lovely, warm, championship flavored coffee.

TampaDukie
04-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Finally forced myself to go to bed at 3:00. Woke up at 7:30, resisted the urge to get online, and eventually woke back up a little before 9. Will straggle into the office . . . at some point -- probably just before 1 so I can log onto WRAL.com and watch the homecoming. Obviously, it will not be a very productive day for me!

NashvilleDevil
04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
5 this morning. Drove back to Nashville from the game. Not one of my smarter moves as an adult.

rthomas
04-06-2010, 11:05 AM
5 this morning. Drove back to Nashville from the game. Not one of my smarter moves as an adult.

6 this morning. Drove back to Morgantown from the game. Not one of my smarter moves as an adult.

Duke Mom
04-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Close to 3 a.m., every time I shut my eyes....I kept seeing it....that last shot...like a replay....over....and over....and over....again. What if? Sick feeling....

DevilOfATime
04-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I am still yawning need a MT.Dew fix right now just to get me awake. I might take a nap later this afternoon. Yes I barley slept last night. :)

NashvilleDevil
04-06-2010, 11:16 AM
6 this morning. Drove back to Morgantown from the game. Not one of my smarter moves as an adult.

Beautiful. What a freaking game to see live. And how long was Hayward's final shot in the air?

PADukeMom
04-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Didn't sleep at all. I am going on my second pot of coffee. Tonight I have to work off that entire bag of Fritos I ate during the game. Still trying to figure out what most annoys me about Doug Gottlieb.

I called this win right after the G-town loss. My son owes me dinner for this.

JonnyWonder
04-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Went to bed around 2AM - having such a hard time concentrating at work now. I still have that nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach and keep thinking "what if, what if" about that last shot. I'm so happy we won, but the joy is mixed in with not a small about of relief.

Dukeknights
04-06-2010, 11:40 AM
i went to bed at 3:45

Onlyduke
04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
After not sleeping well after Saturday night's game and again last night, I feel like a zombie. Of course, had they lost, I wouldn't have slept at all!

I hate that this special season has to end, but my body can't take much more!

mehmattski
04-06-2010, 11:57 AM
After hanging around in Indianapolis until 2:30, I had to drive back to where I was staying in Dayton, Ohio. Got to bed at 4:45. Also: I woke up at 5 AM on Monday morning to get to Indy. Woo!

Reddevil
04-06-2010, 12:03 PM
1:00 am, but my stomach is still in knots. That really happened right?!

PallasAthena
04-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I watched Coach K and the seniors' post-game press conference, which was wonderful. Then, after reading DBR comments on the very poor "One Shining Moment," I went to YouTube and watched the relevant past OSM performances. Got chills watching them. Can we get a "redo?"

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I went to bed at 5:am and woke back up at 6:50. SMH I was too excited.

78Devil
04-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Fell asleep at 2 (Houston time), but only because I didn't sleep at all the night before due to the anticipation, and was therefore doubly exhausted.

Eckster
04-06-2010, 07:41 PM
4 AM. I just stayed up envisioning what would have happened if Hayward had hit that shot. We would have seen it 10,000,000,000 times on TV. I would have had to move overseas for a few years.

OMG that's exactly what kept me up! To be on the losing end of an epic shot like that in such an important game would be the absolute worst thing to happen to Duke Basketball fans. We would NEVER hear the end of it or see the end of it, EVER. Imagine how much joy it gives you to see Christian Laettner runnning up the court after The Shot (even after all these years). Now imagine you're a Kentucky fan seeing it over and over and imagine how much it sucks to endure that. Then multiply it by 1000 (National title game) and there you are. The thought of that still lingered in my brain as I slept.

juise
04-06-2010, 08:01 PM
It was 1AM Pacific (4AM ET) for me. I had to listen to the press conference in its entirety before it finally sunk in that Duke had really won. I came to peace with the end of the game and enjoyed a happy slumber.

grateful_duke
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
5:30

Should of just drove to Durham!

coldriver10
04-06-2010, 08:26 PM
3:30am. Went to the bonfire, then the Dillo with friends for a beer, and finally to a friend's house to watch replays of the press conferences. By that point I was exhausted and able to fall asleep in a minute.

All I can say is I'm still in disbelief. What an amazing couple days to be a Duke fan.

natedog4ever
04-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Haven't slept yet. Left Indy around 1:00 am, drove the 3 hours to Columbus, OH, got on a 5:00 am flight back to RDU this morning, just in time to greet incoming family for the day. Now have to prepare for a big presentation tomorrow morning. Looks like it may bleed into 48 hours, but you know what?

I don't care - CHAMPS BABY! CHAMPS!

Cameron
04-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Stayed at the Hilton in downtown Indy until the Duke bus had returned and Jon Scheyer had raised his rightful national champion trophy among a sea of Blue & White. Then made the trip back across 70 to Dayton, Ohio, then up to Toledo, where I finally went to sleep after watching the DVR of our national championship win at about 6 a.m.

You only live once.

I've slept little since. The giddiness I have been feeling all day today is something I hope doesn't leave for a long, long time. I love you, Coach.

Big Pappa
04-06-2010, 11:05 PM
After laying on my floor in relief, watching the press conferences and sportscenter highlights I got in bed at 3am. Then I looked at the ceiling with a HUGE smile on my face and my heart pumping till 4.

RelativeWays
04-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I was up to 2 am. The missed shot by Hayward didn't bother me, it didn't go in. It was a cosmic apology for the VCU/Eric Maynor shot.

-jk
04-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Way too late. Didn't get out of the parking deck until 1:30, didn't get to sleep until 3:30. Worth it, though.

Got home a few hours ago.

Doug and Liz, I wish you could have been there!

-jk

Dr. Tina
04-07-2010, 01:11 AM
I probably didn't get to sleep till 5am. I was so into reading everything I could about the our national champions, the game, etc. I was too buzzed from all of it! I'm very thankful that I'm on Easter break right now, too, because of it!

DevilHorns
04-07-2010, 01:19 AM
I checked. Didn't sleep until 5 am. Even then it was hard to lay down and keep the eyes closed. Still cant believe it!

-bdbd
04-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Sleep? What sleep???!

;)

marinbobbyduhon
04-07-2010, 01:47 AM
I finally went to bed at 0415 PDT but was still awake until after 0530 last time I checked. I am guessing it was pretty close to 0600 before I nodded off. I don't think that I have ever had this much adrenaline after a basketball game. I re-watched the game at around 0130, but that was probably a mistake.

hurleyfor3
04-07-2010, 09:25 AM
We wandered around downtown Indy looking for places that were open after 2 am (apparently that is last call). We gave up and I got back to my hotel around 3. Went to bed around 3.45. Actually got some 3˝ hours of sleep. Went back downtown the next morning to look for swag. Saw Len Elmore on the street, found swag and drove back to Chicago to get back to the office around 1pm. Wore aforementioned swag at work in flagrant violation of corporate dress code. No one called me on it. :D

weezie
04-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Wore aforementioned swag at work in flagrant violation of corporate dress code. No one called me on it. :D

Just think of the reaction you might have received if you had kept the blue locks!

superdave
04-07-2010, 12:09 PM
I was so stressed after the game Monday night. I didnt fall asleep until 2. I was up at 5:45 and drove from DC to see the Cameron homecoming. Got back to DC at 11:15 last night. I'm beat!

I got my first "Championship Chill" going up my spine on the drive to Durham yesterday morning when I thought of 4 titles for K, a huge answer to the haters and unc's recent success, but mainly thinking of how much fun it has been to watch this particular group grow. I was too emotionally exhausted Monday night to process the bigger picture. But I was joyful Tuesday morning.

alteran
04-07-2010, 12:27 PM
3........slept well tho... :)

Ditto.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only person who couldn't sleep until three.

KShip21
04-07-2010, 12:33 PM
3:30. Stayed up and watched the analysis of the game over and over, read every article i could find at the time, and ordered way too much $$$$$ worth of championship gear. Woke up at 7 for work with a huge smile on my face and wasn't tired at all!!!!!

HorvathsGhost
04-08-2010, 03:21 PM
let's say you are in a bar celebrating with Duke fans and want to make a request with the DJ that will get everyone excited and singing along - what is the best Duke-related "bar song" to request? IE like WVU fans would pick Country Road, BC fans would pick Dirty Water. Would it be "Take On Me?" "Devil with a blue dress on" doesn't really seem like a bar song ...

CrazieDUMB
04-08-2010, 03:26 PM
let's say you are in a bar celebrating with Duke fans and want to make a request with the DJ that will get everyone excited and singing along - what is the best Duke-related "bar song" to request? IE like WVU fans would pick Country Road, BC fans would pick Dirty Water. Would it be "Take On Me?" "Devil with a blue dress on" doesn't really seem like a bar song ...

Definitely Hey Baby. My personal favorite song we did in band was Frankenstein, though.

Am I the only one whose sleep was induced fairly easily after all the ... er... partying I did?