PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Duke's Backcourt Best in Duke's History

AdjustNation
04-06-2010, 03:08 AM
After looking at some stats and such. This Duo is the best back court we've ever had.

They combined for 1360 points (Most in Duke History).
They won a championship.
Played great defense.
Shot free throws well.
Had the lowest A/T Ratio of any duo.

Looking at this 2010 team, their is a strong possibility that we see 2 jerseys retired and likely a 3rd if they repeat. Wow Special run, even after the loss of Gerald, Mcclure and Elliot we played good and smart.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-06-2010, 04:53 AM
So much for a weak and thin backcourt huh?

licc85
04-06-2010, 05:10 AM
u gotta be kidding me . . . they were better than dawkins and amaker statistically?? wowwww

COYS
04-06-2010, 09:44 AM
u gotta be kidding me . . . they were better than dawkins and amaker statistically?? wowwww

This is quite a shock to me. I didn't realize that. Wow, go Nolan and Jon. It's going to be weird and sad to see the team without Jon next year. For all the talk about Duke needing a dribble-penetration, speedy-type of point guard, I think you could also make the argument that Jon had one of the best seasons of any Duke point guard in history with only a few impressive names (barely) ahead of him (Hurley, Williams).

whereinthehellami
04-06-2010, 10:22 AM
I gotta admit I didn't think Duke had a chance of going far in the tourney with such a thin backcourt, especially once Dawkins minutes started getting limited. Coach K again proves how much he knows about basketball and character. The players showed amazing fortitiude and desire. Props to all. And consider me humbled yet again with the sport that I love. and I love to be proved wrong in this manner. The crow tastes great.