PDA

View Full Version : Championship Shirts and Hats

CameronDuke
04-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere (mods feel free to move this), but where is everyone going to buy Championship gear to celebrate this amazing title run?

billyj
04-06-2010, 01:05 AM
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/

:)

TheRob8801
04-06-2010, 01:07 AM
Don't know if it's cool to go outside of the Duke website...but you can definitely get the same stuff cheaper elsewhere online...

blue post
04-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Post-championship gear is usually ugly as sin with big gaudy graphics, but I really like the design on both the hat and the shirt

I'm in for a pair!

basket1544
04-06-2010, 01:10 AM
Just bought mine! I got a gift certificate for Christmas for Duke Stores and saved just enough to buy a championship t-shirt. Do you know how many family members laughed when I said that in December? So glad I kept my money!

CameronDuke
04-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Thank you very much!

Championship hat and shirt are now ordered!

SharkD
04-06-2010, 01:13 AM
According to the radio coverage, you'll be able to buy "60 championship items" at Cameron tomorrow.

If you want to maximize the benefit to the University, buy from the bookstore, or via the http://dukestores.com website.

One legitimate alternative would be the Duck Shop on 9th Street, as that would also help the local economy in Durham: http://www.theduckshop.net/

superdave
04-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Come to Cameron tomorrow at 1, go to the bookstore after!

blazindw
04-06-2010, 01:42 AM
I'm a Lids club member, so I got the cap from Lids (only $22). The shirt was $20 at the Duke Stores, so I preordered that as well. I'm set!!

SoCalDukeFan
04-06-2010, 01:48 AM
I need NCAA Championship stuff.

The hats are awful.

What are you buying?

SoCal

pfrduke
04-06-2010, 01:49 AM
Any and all. But honestly, what I most want is a Z hands t-shirt. Anyone with those still available, please PM me.

Reisen
04-06-2010, 01:50 AM
I think the hats look great. I'm not a big hat guy, though.

The NCAA website says something about things shipping by Wednesday, April 21st? Huh? I'm not waiting that long! I want something this week!

Any recommendations for where else to get tee shirts?

Dukeknights
04-06-2010, 01:54 AM
i will buy as much as i can!

muzikfrk75
04-06-2010, 01:55 AM
Definitely the t-shirt.

I dunno about the hat. I already own 2 Duke fitteds (a blue pinstriped one and a black/white one)

njpduke
04-06-2010, 01:58 AM
Any and all. But honestly, what I most want is a Z hands t-shirt. Anyone with those still available, please PM me.

Seriously. I will shell out top dollar for a Z hands shirt. Whoever printed the first run needs to get the presses rolling again. They'll make a fortune.

ice-9
04-06-2010, 02:01 AM
Does anyone know how I can get Duke gear from overseas?

Would love to get that black cap...

dukeballer2294
04-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Seriously. I will shell out top dollar for a Z hands shirt. Whoever printed the first run needs to get the presses rolling again. They'll make a fortune.

yes some1 should sticky a thread searching for a vendor of these shirts

muzikfrk75
04-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Saw this link on yahoo

http://yahoosports.teamfanshop.com/

Dr. Tina
04-06-2010, 04:01 AM
I have already ordered the Duke National Champs Locker Room t-shirt. I also bought the Duke National Champions hat that is blue with a big DUKE in black, a basketball below it, and the words MENS NCAA Tournament 2010 Champions (or something like that) on the front.

That being said, the Yahoo Sports shop has a TON of great shirts that I really like. I may get a long sleeved one or one of the blue ones. I could buy one for every day of the week right now I'm so excited!!!!

grateful_duke
04-06-2010, 04:02 AM

I'd love a Zoubek "Z" (Zultan) shirt

PM me as well if anyone has info...thanks!

Dr. Tina
04-06-2010, 04:08 AM
I'd love a Zoubek shirt, too!

WordLife565
04-06-2010, 07:45 AM
The locker room shirt

and this one

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_430000/altImages/FF_430150ALT1_xl.jpg

Mr Blue Devil
04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
The locker room shirt

and this one

http://images.footballfanatics.com/productImages/_430000/altImages/FF_430150ALT1_xl.jpg

WOW!! Had not seen that one!!!

Think I want THAT one and the official shirts the team got.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-06-2010, 07:51 AM
Yeah that one is really nice,

blu62
04-06-2010, 07:52 AM
From an earlier post write to.

boltesc@yahoo.com

This is the guy who makes them.

Go Duke!

4decadedukie
04-06-2010, 07:52 AM
At about 0130, I order the following from the Duke Store:
> two tee shirts
> a ball cap
> a sweatshirt

This were "must have now" items, obviously to be followed by a wind-shirt and some polos (probably from the Duck Shop, when I return to campus late this month).

Duke of Nashville
04-06-2010, 09:34 AM
From an earlier post write to.

boltesc@yahoo.com

This is the guy who makes them.

Go Duke!

I ordered one from Cameron. Showed up in fine condition and I love my Z shirt.....See Picture : )

blazindw
04-06-2010, 09:40 AM
Saw this link on yahoo

http://yahoosports.teamfanshop.com/

Thanks for this link! I got the locker room cap and shirt, but I might mess around and get more from there. Last night, I wore my beloved 2001 national champs visor that I got at the Duke Store the morning after April 2, 2001. It was the visor that got me through this final four and I said that if we won, I would retire it. Well, consider it retired, and I need a new one!! Definitely getting that blue "Reign" shirt...that one is awesome!

should_be_working
04-06-2010, 09:59 AM
Found this one, couldn't stand the official locker room shirts - the net just ruined it for me. Also purchased a magnet for the fridge, a key chain and an ornament.
http://yahoosports.teamfanshop.com/NCAA_Duke_University/adidas_Duke_Blue_Devils_Duke_Blue_2010_NCAA_Divisi on_I_Mens_Basketball_National_Champions_Hang_Time

ReformedAggie
04-06-2010, 10:02 AM
got the polo shirts from Amazon.
still shopping.
i wish you could buy the warm up suits :(

bluedevil007
04-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Does anyone know if they will chop up the floor and have some limited edition piece with sigs and stuff? I love my display from 2001 and would like to add a 2010 version.

DukeGirl4ever
04-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I always go to Footballfanatics.com - but I think they have a lot of the same stuff on other sites.

I can't wait to check out the goods, but after work, my sofa and I have a date!

miramar
04-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Considering that Duke Stores has over 70 items, I suspect that over time the proper question will be What won't I buy?

http://www.goduke.com/

I have to say that I am disappointed that I won't be able to get a UNC NIT Champions shirt to along with all this.

PS. Luckiest guys in the basketball world: Jordan Davidson and Andre Dawkins.

Unluckiest guy: Olek

I'm sure he'll get a ring, but it's not the same.

GODUKEGO
04-06-2010, 10:20 AM
I am so impatient that Belk's has a nice shirt available today and I am on my way. Dick's Sporting Goods will have the shirt the guys were wearing last night in their stores tomorrow.

bluedevil2012
04-06-2010, 10:24 AM
Just bought like 5 shirts, a sweatshirt, and hat from the duke store. Store employees are wearing shirts that read "NATIONAL CHAMPIONS STAFF" :D

DukeDevil
04-06-2010, 10:27 AM
going to go into indy today and see if they have more of those hats for sale...I thought it looked awesome!

ncexnyc
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I'll be going out later this afternoon to pick-up a new hat and hopefully a couple of shirts.

It's funny, the ad the Fayetteville Observer is running for JC Penny has a really neat looking Duke blue shirt that has the scores listed on the back.
The ad was obviously made prior to Saturday's game, as it lists 00 WV 00, but the kicker is the Championship Game. It's not Butler, but instead MSU.
I guess we weren't the only one not getting any respect.:D

DevilOfATime
04-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Not a big hat person myself. I am going to buy a T-shirt also a sweatshirt for next winter.

PADukeMom
04-06-2010, 11:44 AM
As much as I can afford. I really don't HAVE to replace my deck this summer, do I?

Edouble
04-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Online to get my Duke NCAA Champions 2010 Tshirt...

http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=378&store=106&item_number=48001&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106#

Click on the "Click here for larger image" and the shirt says 2009 Champions. I wonder if that's really what you get if you order one. :rolleyes:

LSanders
04-06-2010, 01:53 PM
How can that be, when it's made with love in El Salvador? ;)

Edouble
04-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Ack! When you click on the larger image, this one says "April 5, 2009" on the shirt too! What gives DukeStore?

http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=378&store=106&item_number=49023&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106#

juise
04-06-2010, 02:00 PM
This month just keeps getting worse and worse for the Heels. First the NIT, then a Duke title, and now we get their title from last year too. Yessssss.

Dr. Tina
04-06-2010, 02:06 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the Raleigh/Durham airport has a thing up that says Home of the Defending National Champs (Fill in area school here) when Duke or UNC win. If so, we get to take over that sign when people come into town....SWEET!!!

DoubleDuke Dad
04-06-2010, 02:07 PM
This month just keeps getting worse and worse for the Heels. First the NIT, then a Duke title, and now we get their title from last year too. Yessssss.

We were selected by the Helms Athletic Foundation.:D

JonnyWonder
04-06-2010, 02:14 PM
I saw on another site there was a 2010 final four shirt with a couple teams that were definitely NOT in the final four. The fine print on the site noted all the images of "event-based" shirts (i.e. final four, national champion) on the site were mock-ups that don't reflect the actual results. I assume that is the case here, although no fine print to be found.

Still, I don't see why the correct date for the 2010 National Championship game such a huge mystery that they have to do a mock-up with last year's date to put on the site....

WiJoe
04-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Some industrious fellows were selling a T-shirt near Lucas Oil Stadium that contained the scales of justice and "Scheyer, Singler & Smith, attorneys at ball"

Didn't have the XXL is was looking for.

Help! Help!

pm or reply on thread.

Thanks

jwillrockyou
04-07-2010, 06:48 PM
hahahahaha. i actually really dont like the nickname, and that still made my day.

TheBrianZoubekExperience
04-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Check with the Law School's DBA Association or PILF club...they could possibly be selling them. They have sold Krzyzewski LLP shirts in the past. I have no idea but they might be behind it.

blazindw
04-07-2010, 07:30 PM
I maintain that I still want to work for this firm...hire me!!

hc5duke
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
It's like a Duke version of Phi Slamma Jamma

SharkD
04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Check with the Law School's DBA Association or PILF club...they could possibly be selling them. They have sold Krzyzewski LLP shirts in the past. I have no idea but they might be behind it.

I doubt it, since, IIRC, it violates NCAA provisions to sell merchandise using athletes' names (like #30 jerseys with 'SCHEYER' on the back).

Mike Corey
04-08-2010, 01:54 PM
...the Duke online store had 50,000 orders.

Wow.

DukeGirl4ever
04-08-2010, 01:59 PM
...the Duke online store had 50,000 orders.

Wow.

I, LIKE AN IDIOT, waited until my brother screwed around to figure out what he wanted and didn't get my order in until last night. Of course when I went to order, the shirt I wanted was sold out in my size and they no longer had the shirt with the net on it in a Toddler Size (need to start my 2 year old out the right way!). I couldn't believe it.

Anyway, I dropped $213 on Natty Champs gear....and I could have bought a lot more. I also have a Blue Devil tattoo and now plan on getting the 4 championship years going around the devil, so that will be an added expense. However, it is WELL WORTH IT!!!

What did everyone else spend?

MarkD83
04-08-2010, 02:01 PM
I also spent over $200 which multiplied by 50,000 is $10,000,000.

I think they should be able to print a few more of the shirts that people could not get.

Devil07
04-08-2010, 02:05 PM
I also made the waiting mistake and now it looks like some of the stuff I liked is sold out. Does anyone know if they'll be adding inventory?

Chitowndevil
04-08-2010, 02:07 PM
I dropped $150 at Duke Stores, and spent $300 this morning on this year's "Good Fellas" team poster autographed by the entire team. I've been looking for an autographed '01 poster for years and wasn't about to let that one pass.

DukeSean
04-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I placed my order the night of the championship after we won.

I got an automated email about my order asking me to call, so I called them the next day. Poor lady on the phone seemed so stressed out and overwhelmed. Seriously stressed out and overwhelmed.

I said a short prayer.

DukeSean
04-08-2010, 02:11 PM
I dropped $150 at Duke Stores, and spent $300 this morning on this year's "Good Fellas" team poster autographed by the entire team. I've been looking for an autographed '01 poster for years and wasn't about to let that one pass.

Where did you find the autographed GoodFellas poster? I couldn't seem to find one...sold out?

Merlindevildog91
04-08-2010, 02:18 PM
Going to Durham tomorrow. Does anyone know if the Bookstore is well stocked? I really wanted to order on Monday night/Tuesday morning, but I wasn't sure if the goods would get to my house before I left for my conference, and I HAVE to have NC stuff to wear at the conference.

I plan to drop a lot of bucks when I get there, so I'll be really disappointed if the cupboards are bare.

stillcrazie
04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Going to Durham tomorrow. Does anyone know if the Bookstore is well stocked? I really wanted to order on Monday night/Tuesday morning, but I wasn't sure if the goods would get to my house before I left for my conference, and I HAVE to have NC stuff to wear at the conference.

I plan to drop a lot of bucks when I get there, so I'll be really disappointed if the cupboards are bare.

I was there Tuesday and it was quite stocked, and heard someone say that reinforcements were coming. Good luck.

coldriver10
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM

I was there today (I've been every day since Tuesday) and they have lots of stuff, even more than they did yesterday.

So far, between my husband and myself, we've bought four NC t-shirts, a banner, and a pint glass. He wants a hat still and I want a poster. We also bought four t-shirts for family members. Thank goodness for the 20% grad student/alum discount this week...

greggus
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
The bookstore is very well stocked and it is wide open. I have been twice already.

GTHC-ES!

UrinalCake
04-08-2010, 02:51 PM
Anyone know how the kids clothing sizes work? I couldn't find info online. I have an almost four-year-old who usually wearsa 4T. Of course, maybe I'll just buy a shirt in every size so she'll never run out :)

alteran
04-08-2010, 02:54 PM
I also made the waiting mistake and now it looks like some of the stuff I liked is sold out. Does anyone know if they'll be adding inventory?

I'm going to venture a guess that they'll add more. :)

Bostondevil
04-08-2010, 02:54 PM
In my experience, Duke store children's clothes run small.

DukeGirl4ever
04-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Anyone know how the kids clothing sizes work? I couldn't find info online. I have an almost four-year-old who usually wearsa 4T. Of course, maybe I'll just buy a shirt in every size so she'll never run out :)

I wanted to get my daughter the net shirt and they had it in a 4T on the footballfanatics site but after the first night, I can't find it. I have bought her some youth Smalls from the Duke store and they are huge, but an XS seems to be better fitting (but none of the shirts they have listed are available in XS).

I ended up getting my daughter this one in a 4T (and she's about 36 inches and about 38 pounds, 2 and 1/2 years old):
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=388&store=106&item_number=10469&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106#

Hope that helps!

Merlindevildog91
04-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I was there today (I've been every day since Tuesday) and they have lots of stuff, even more than they did yesterday.

So far, between my husband and myself, we've bought four NC t-shirts, a banner, and a pint glass. He wants a hat still and I want a poster. We also bought four t-shirts for family members. Thank goodness for the 20% grad student/alum discount this week...

I didn't know anything about an alum discount this week! Coldriver, you rule! Thanks for letting me know. My husband needs to upgrade his wardrobe, I need to add to mine, my officemate's grandson needs a 12-18mo T-shirt, I need something for my office, etc., etc., etc., etc.

Heck, one of my dogs has a birthday this month; maybe she can get a bandanna!

MChambers
04-08-2010, 03:06 PM
One of the hats for sale has this preplexing description:

Charcoal, Side & Back Panels - 98% Cotton/10% Spandex. Made in Vietnam. Available for shipping after April 8, 2010.

http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=377&store=106&item_number=49016&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106

Maybe it is for our big heads.;)

Kewlswim
04-08-2010, 03:14 PM
I didn't know anything about an alum discount this week! Coldriver, you rule! Thanks for letting me know. My husband needs to upgrade his wardrobe, I need to add to mine, my officemate's grandson needs a 12-18mo T-shirt, I need something for my office, etc., etc., etc., etc.

Hi,

I believe the discount is for purchases made at Duke. Please verify before you line up a bunch of online or over the phone items only to find you can't get 20% off.

Also, if you get the bandanna for your beloved canine, I would love a picture of her with it on. I am a dog lover. :)

Thank you.

GO DUKE!

coldriver10
04-08-2010, 03:21 PM

haha, no problem! Though as Kewl mentioned, it may just be in person. I would call and find out before you make the trek :)

I could seriously buy everything in that store.

Merlindevildog91
04-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Hi,

I believe the discount is for purchases made at Duke. Please verify before you line up a bunch of online or over the phone items only to find you can't get 20% off.

Also, if you get the bandanna for your beloved canine, I would love a picture of her with it on. I am a dog lover. :)

Thank you.

GO DUKE!

Kewlswim, I live in central NC and have a conference starting Sunday in Norfolk, VA. I'm leaving tomorrow for Chesapeake, VA, (home of Andre Dawkins!) where my mom lives. It won't be much of a detour to go the Promised Land....I would've bought online but wasn't sure my goodies would make it to me before I left.

If I can find a bandanna for Sasha the Fitness Schnauzer and/or for her brother Merlin the Rescue Hound, I will buy them and post pictures when I get back....Neither has lived through a National Championship, but my dog Cert lived through the first three. Probably extra treats after Duke wins led to his weight problems.:)

Kewlswim
04-08-2010, 03:38 PM
Kewlswim, I live in central NC and have a conference starting Sunday in Norfolk, VA. I'm leaving tomorrow for Chesapeake, VA, (home of Andre Dawkins!) where my mom lives. It won't be much of a detour to go the Promised Land....I would've bought online but wasn't sure my goodies would make it to me before I left.

If I can find a bandanna for Sasha the Fitness Schnauzer and/or for her brother Merlin the Rescue Hound, I will buy them and post pictures when I get back....Neither has lived through a National Championship, but my dog Cert lived through the first three. Probably extra treats after Duke wins led to his weight problems.:)

Hi,

Those doggies sound like Duke fans. I like them already.

GO DUKE!

Jderf
04-08-2010, 06:34 PM
I also have a Blue Devil tattoo and now plan on getting the 4 championship years going around the devil, so that will be an added expense. However, it is WELL WORTH IT!!!

I'd be careful here. Just make sure you leave room :).

DukeGirl4ever
04-08-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd be careful here. Just make sure you leave room :).

Oh MOST DEFINITELY - HAHA! I think I'm gonna do it where the Devil is in the middle and the years will go at the corners, so I will have room to put MANY more years between the gaps!

In 2004, I said I would get a tattoo if the Devils won it that year...we all know that didn't happen, but I decided to get it anyway. Last year, I said I would get the championship years on it if they won it again....of course that didn't happen.

This year, I kept my MOUTH SHUT and THANK GOD! I wish others would learn that rule! (Esp. UNC and NOVA fans) :D

DallasDevil
04-08-2010, 06:43 PM

You can also look online at NCAA.com. I bought my toddler the shirt the team wore (with the net) in size 4T there. Looks like they still have some in stock for that size.

Cameron
04-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Glad I got my autographed GoodFellas poster in the fall, for $20 through Blue Planet Magazine, which I have done for the past three years.

This poster, however, is a bit more special than the others:)

I am taking it into a framing shop tomorrow to have my current frame for it stamped with a silver ornamental tablet: "Duke Blue Devils: 2010 National Champion."

basket1544
04-08-2010, 10:40 PM
I filled out my order on line at about 2 am Tuesday while rewatching the game. As a result, I messed up on the form somehow and received a very nice phone call from the bookstore manager. For someone who had been working 10 hours straight and with no plans to go to sleep anytime soon, he was extremely kind.

JonnyWonder
04-08-2010, 11:16 PM
Not sure if anyone has seen this or if it belongs in another thread, but speaking of National Championship gear, i just saw this:

They are auctioning off several pieces of memorabilia at the NCAA website here (http://ncaa.cstvauctions.com/gallery.cfm).

Included are a pair of scissors from cutting down the nets signed by Coach K, a "game ball" (the description makes it hard to tell if it was actually used IN game), and a replica of the ladder they used to cut down the nets (I don't think it's the real thing, but apparently its a special type of ladder for all you ladder collectors).

The Coach K scissors auction proceeds go to the Emily K Center. Other item proceeds go to various charities.

HCheek37
04-08-2010, 11:37 PM
it is NOT the one used in the game, I spoke with one of the Duke managers after the game and he had secured the game ball and actually walked into the team hotel with it.

would have loved to see the mad scramble if LT or another player had thrown or kicked it into the stands (a la ACC tourney)

Cameron
04-09-2010, 01:01 AM
There was no game ball tossing into the stands, but Nolan did toss his game shoe into the crowd outside of the Hilton. I was but one person away from catching it.

Kewlswim
04-09-2010, 03:27 AM
Hi,

If someone knows where I can get this please let me know where it is available? I called Duke this afternoon and the woman at the DU Stores said they were not carrying it.

Thanks!

GO DUKE!

corbinhill
04-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Drove all the way from Ohio as soon as the game was over. Got to campus at 10am Tuesday. Spent $400 on items for several people. The campus stores are pretty good on the supply. The lines arent that crazy either because they have 3 different sites around campus you can buy the NC merchandise.

moonpie23
04-09-2010, 08:02 AM
drunk texted all my duke friends

drunk called a few of them

cried out loud for brian and lance

soaked my hands (sore from clapping)

apologized to the tarheel neighbors for repeatedly going to the kitchen window facing their house and screaming LET'S GO DUKE !

read internet chat boards and watched SC highlights till 4am

got banned from 3 boards

woke up, read chatboards all day....

it was a good 24 hrs...

Frybay
04-09-2010, 10:18 PM
What Duke store is selling 2009 Championship shirts too!
Click on there 2nd shirt picture & look for yourself unless
some chapel hill college person is changing the pictures

http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/store=106&item_number=48001&form=shared3/catalogs/common/large_image_popup.html&design=106

Son of Jarhead
04-10-2010, 01:11 AM
Well, oops... that is an unfortunate graphical error. I saw that design at the store in the Bryan Cntr Thursday & I am happy to report that the actual shirts have the correct year printed on them.

JStuart
04-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi,

If someone knows where I can get this please let me know where it is available? I called Duke this afternoon and the woman at the DU Stores said they were not carrying it.

Thanks!

GO DUKE!

I don't know about the signed aspect, but I saw the poster in the Bryan Center store yesterday afternoon. I haven't looked at the website for it; you could also google The Duck Shop on 9th street to see if they carry it.

I was stunned to find yesterday that there were no championship steins with the year's scores on the back. I have the first three, and was looking forward for the 4th. Anyone seen one?
JStuart

weezie
04-10-2010, 03:05 PM
Hope someone sounds out when any combined '91,'92,'01,'10 hats, flags and yes license plate frames appear...and bumper stickers!!:D

DukeUsul
04-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Hope someone sounds out when any combined '91,'92,'01,'10 hats, flags and yes license plate frames appear...and bumper stickers!!:D

There was a combined 91, 92, 01, 10 license plate (full front plate for states that don't require one) at the bookstore this week.

dukeblue225
04-10-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't know about you guys, but if Nike made the "Order has been restored." design I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

ohioguy2
04-10-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't know about you guys, but if Nike made the "Order has been restored." design I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

I would buy at least three if Nike would do that.

CrazyNotCrazie
04-10-2010, 04:02 PM

I agree - it is classic and simple yet says so much. It reminds me of "You can talk the game but can you play the game. Duke, we can play" from 1992. A lot of the other shirts have too much going on for my taste. When I saw the Nike ad in SI I immediately started hunting the web for a shirt showing that but so far, no luck. If anyone sees it, please post a link. Thanks!

shereec
04-10-2010, 04:40 PM

I got a charcoal colored hat at the Student Store that says Duke 2010 National Champs on the front; 1991, 1992, 2001, 2010 are stitched in a sweet little stack on the left side.

PADukeMom
04-10-2010, 05:14 PM
DANG IT! My championship t-shirt didn't come in today. I am getting my picture taken on Monday for winning the newspaper brackets. It would have been awesome wearing the new shirt but I'll wear my lucky 2001 champions shirt instead. It got me through this season.

Cameron
04-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Didn't someone here state the other day that the Duke store in the Bryan Center was getting the "Order has been restored" shirt sometime soon?

I surely hope so. Like another poster has said, I will buy at least three so that they will last my lifetime in case they are never reissued.

DDMFMom
04-10-2010, 09:19 PM
The University Store has banners with the 4 NCs on them as well as shirts--and alumni receive 20% off all the time when shopping in person and showing alum card.
btw--our dog, Cameron, wore her Duke bandanna for the games--I know that it helped!

Kdogg
04-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Does anyone know if they will be selling parts of the Final Four floor? A few schools have done it in the past.

Eckster
04-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know if they will be selling parts of the Final Four floor? A few schools have done it in the past.

The floor from final four 2001 is in the gym at the Emily Krzyzewski Center in Durham. Not sure what becomes of the floor from Indy.

Cameron
04-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Has anyone heard anything more about the Lucas Oil Stadium floor? I also hope it is cut up and sold. I'd pay $300 for that more than likely.

ajtrublu
04-13-2010, 02:24 AM

The Duke store has one t-shirt (http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/ePOS/this_category=378&store=106&item_number=10247&form=shared3/gm/detail.html&design=106#) online so far:
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/webitemimages/106/10247.jpg

DevilWearsPrada
04-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Great shirt!!!!!!

UrinalCake
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Several years ago I saw someone wearing a shirt that said something like

"Duke: loved by few, hated by many, respected by all"

Has anyone seen this or know where I could buy one? It's such a great statement to make.

noyac
04-13-2010, 04:15 PM
I got an email from a company that I ordered stuffed animals from as a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life and I thought some one might want to order these Duke National Championship Bears for a local charity event. They are really cheap (usually $3.50 per item) and when I ordered them I claimed them as a tax write off since it was for Relay for Life.

http://www.plushland.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=80

JoFrank
04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm looking for replicas of the crystal Championship Basketball Trophy but haven't been able to find them ... last year UNC had them at www.tarheelstrophy.com, but it doesn't say who made them ... does anyone know?

JoFrank
04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
Forgive me if this is a repeat, but it didn't seem to go through last time ... does anyone know where to get the replicas of the crystal Basketball Trophy? Last year UNC had them at www.tarheelstrophy.com , but I can't find one for Duke ... can anyone help?

DukieInKansas
04-13-2010, 04:40 PM
I'm looking for replicas of the crystal Championship Basketball Trophy but haven't been able to find them ... last year UNC had them at www.tarheelstrophy.com, but it doesn't say who made them ... does anyone know?

Waterford has one - $160. http://www.waterford.com/shop/product.asp?sku=18340&cat=R

weezie
04-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Forgive me if this is a repeat, but it didn't seem to go through last time ... does anyone know where to get the replicas of the crystal Basketball Trophy? Last year UNC had them at www.tarheelstrophy.com , but I can't find one for Duke ... can anyone help?

Sweet sale!

Eckster
04-13-2010, 08:35 PM
Amazing how much better beer tastes when sipped from a 2010 National Championship pint glass! Cheers Blue Devils!! And thank you Duke Stores!

JoFrank
04-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Saw the Waterford one, but that's not the full Trophy, but I did find the site ... www.bluedevilstrophy.com ... how hard was that! :rolleyes: My Tar Heel friend got a full set for his office lobby and it irks me every time I go in there ... his are GREAT looking, so I'm getting my set for my office!

noyac
04-14-2010, 11:00 AM
I would be careful with this site. It looks like the "Duke University" that is written on the trophies is photoshopped. On the '91 and '92 trophies the font looks like it doesn't match the other text on it and it looks like it was done freehand on mspaint or something. On the 2001 one it does not curve like the rest of the text. On the 2010 one it looks as though the font color does not match the other text on the trophy.

I am sorry but to me this looks sketchy and before I invested $400 I would try to find out more about this site. If you do decide to take a leap of faith and get the trophies let me know cuz I think they are pretty sweet too.

WiJoe
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
OK folks, could use some help.

Living in Wisconsin and trying to find the USA Today and / or SI commemorative issues and am not having any luck. Anybody outside of the Southeast able to find these fine publications in their neck of the woods?

Thanks!

:confused:

blazindw
04-14-2010, 03:45 PM
OK folks, could use some help.

Living in Wisconsin and trying to find the USA Today and / or SI commemorative issues and am not having any luck. Anybody outside of the Southeast able to find these fine publications in their neck of the woods?

Thanks!

:confused:

Can't get them here in DC but I just ordered both on The Duck Shop's new website:

http://www.theduckshop.net

JoFrank
04-14-2010, 04:05 PM
I checked out the company running the site and these folks are licensed and did do UNC's Trophy replica last year which is really nice ... I've ordered mine ... you got to see these www.bluedevilstrophy.com ... these same guys did a Georgetown anniversary replica of their 1984 title with CBS College Sports that I found on Facebook under Hoya Hoops page, so I'd say they are legit ...

noyac
04-14-2010, 04:08 PM
I checked out the company running the site and these folks are licensed and did do UNC's Trophy replica last year which is really nice ... I've ordered mine ... you got to see these www.bluedevilstrophy.com ... these same guys did a Georgetown anniversary replica of their 1984 title with CBS College Sports that I found on Facebook under Hoya Hoops page, so I'd say they are legit ...

I got your email and am glad to hear this because they look like an awesome addition to the championship banners that I already have.

DevilWearsPrada
04-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Of course, there is the Duke Univ Stores at Bryan Center, East Campus, Med Book Store, and across from Cameron Indoor Stadium. However, I have found that the best customer service, and also the most appreciative for your Duke merchandise business is the "DUCK SHOP", located on trendy 9th Street, in Durham. Runs parallel to Broad Street, beside the brick wall of Duke East Campus. They also do mail/internet orders. Which is great, for people out of the area. FREE PARKING on 9th Street, also. Many places to eat, drink coffee, shop and socialize on the 3 blocks of 9th Street. Go by the Duck Shop, and say hello to the wonderful staff: Ms Virginia, Kelly, Darren, etc. Its my official place to shop for licensed Duke apparel and gifts!!! :D

Mike Corey
04-16-2010, 09:30 AM
But then Duke doesn't get as large a cut of the proceeds.

DevilWearsPrada
04-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Duke gets a cut of all licensed products!!!!

Highlander
04-16-2010, 10:10 AM
I wonder if anyone would make a shirt updating the "simple math" graphic to say:

SIMPLE MATH

Roy + Dean = K

It's obnoxious, but would be cool to wear around Franklin St.

DallasDevil
04-16-2010, 10:28 AM
I wonder if anyone would make a shirt updating the "simple math" graphic to say:

SIMPLE MATH

Roy + Dean = K

It's obnoxious, but would be cool to wear around Franklin St.

Or more accurately, Roy + Dean < K

MChambers
04-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Anyone got plates that say K4Dean2? or K4Roy2?

DevilWearsPrada
04-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Anyone got plates that say K4Dean2? or K4Roy2?

Thats awesome!!!!! I already have Duke license plates, tho!!! That would be awesome!!!!

msdukie
04-16-2010, 11:50 AM
The M. LaHart collection (he is a Duke alum, I believe class of '86) and this stuff will probably show up in the Duke Store soon:

http://www.mlahart.com/Duke-University

Bench chairs:

http://www.sit123.com/2010-NCAA-MENS-CHAIRS_c2.htm

BTW, Duke Store seems to be adding more stuff, like a Chronicle commemorative supplement and I got an e-mail from the Chronicle indicating more stuff on the way, such as posters of the front page.

SoCalDukeFan
04-16-2010, 03:02 PM
that your item has shipped.

My account says that but the tracking does not work so I called.

This means that they have filled your order. It may have been picked up by UPS or it may not have been. I think that today they are getting to the orders filled on April 7.

You will get an email when your order is actually shipped so you can actually track it.

SoCal

sdotbarbee
04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Got my two shirts on UPS today. I also got my wife the ladies 2010 national champion greeting burnout Tee along with some Duke knee high socks. She should look pretty hot sporting that outfit.:D

blazindw
04-16-2010, 05:09 PM
Got the locker room shirt last Thursday...received my tumbler glasses (since I didn't have any and needed some anyway) and another shirt on Wednesday. Just picked up my locker room cap today. Wearing my locker room cap on my plane in a few hours to Miami, and probably for the rest of the month!

'Tis also a bittersweet day because upon receipt of my locker room cap, my locker room visor from '01 has officially been retired. It has been a great road for the visor, but I said when I got it that it would be retired when we next won the NC. It got me through this year's Final Four and I'll never forget it. Now, the '10 cap will be the go-to cap until we win again!

P.S. I got about 4 more glasses, a license plate, a couple more shirts and a fridge magnet on the way as well...despite all that I purchased, I didn't spend too much. Glad to have some money to spend on championship gear!!

pfrduke
04-16-2010, 05:10 PM
P.S. I got about 4 more glasses, a license plate, a couple more shirts and a fridge magnet on the way as well...despite all that I purchased, I didn't spend too much. Glad to have some money to spend on championship gear!!

And glad to have some championship gear to spend money on. ;):D

DukeGirl4ever
04-16-2010, 08:24 PM
that your item has shipped.

My account says that but the tracking does not work so I called.

This means that they have filled your order. It may have been picked up by UPS or it may not have been. I think that today they are getting to the orders filled on April 7.

You will get an email when your order is actually shipped so you can actually track it.

SoCal

I've been having the same problem. Keep clicking the link to find out where it is in terms of shipping info and nothing comes up. They emailed me last week (the 8th) and I STILL haven't received it.

Thanks for the info.

Indoor66
04-16-2010, 08:59 PM
I haven't received my order, either. I imagine they are SWAMPED! :eek:

muzikfrk75
04-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Got 2 of my shirts today :-)

Question: do you know where I could go to get big and tall Natl Champion shirts?

Indoor66
04-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Got 2 of my shirts today :-)

Question: do you know where I could go to get big and tall Natl Champion shirts?

Not sure about that. The Duck Shop (http://www.theduckshop.net/ncaa-champions-duke-classic-tee.aspx) has some shirts up to XXXL!

Greg_Newton
04-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Was anyone else shocked at how huge the Nike shirts were? I'm 6'3 175, and a large was like a dress on me. I'm heading over to the Duck Shop now to see if they've got any mediums left... Dick's sold out of smalls and mediums, for obvious reasons.

Beware of Nike shirts with "loose fit" if you're ordering online without trying on!

WiJoe
04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
From Duke Blue Planet tweet ...

"The ring guy and Nike both coming on Thursday to present some ideas/apparel to the staff. Non-stop floor pounds for the NCAA champs."

wonder this this means more COOL SHIRTS for the public, or more COOL SHIRTS for the staff.

drdoctormd
04-19-2010, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=msdukie;398646]The M. LaHart collection (he is a Duke alum, I believe class of '86) and this stuff will probably show up in the Duke Store soon:

http://www.mlahart.com/Duke-University

Christmas, birthday, anniversary.....FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE...

She's so gettin' me that.

JoFrank
04-20-2010, 09:50 AM
One of the companies that's involved with the Championship Trophy replicas is Henry Kay Jewlers ( http://www.henrykay.com/ ) and if you look under "About Us" is says that they did a commemorative ring for Coach K and they did our 2001 championship rings, too, so I'm guessing the trophy replicas will be pretty nice ... can't wait to get mine ... unfortunately, I can't wear tees to work, but I can put these in my office!

arydolphin
04-20-2010, 10:24 AM
From Duke Blue Planet tweet ...

"The ring guy and Nike both coming on Thursday to present some ideas/apparel to the staff. Non-stop floor pounds for the NCAA champs."

wonder this this means more COOL SHIRTS for the public, or more COOL SHIRTS for the staff.

I sent a tweet to that account about a possible "Order Has Been Restored" shirt by Nike, and the guy that runs it sent me a direct message back that said this: "I actually already emailed Nike about that... They are looking into it."

BlueDevilCorvette!
04-20-2010, 10:53 AM
Has anyone seen a T-Shirt with a photo of the Duke Basketball Team holding up the NCAAT Trophy on it? My cousin states he saw one and I can't find it online anywhere.

WiJoe
04-20-2010, 11:03 AM
I sent a tweet to that account about a possible "Order Has Been Restored" shirt by Nike, and the guy that runs it sent me a direct message back that said this: "I actually already emailed Nike about that... They are looking into it."

My guess is the fellow that e-mailed you back is Dave Bradley, leader of all things Duke Blue Planet. He's a G R E A T guy.

BlueDevilBaby
04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Got my stuff yesterday. Sporting my new 2010 national champions watch today!

SoCalDukeFan
04-20-2010, 04:30 PM
that I get my stuff before we win another National championship.

I placed my order on the 8th. My record says it "shipped" on the 12th. However I can not track the order. I now understand that "shipped" means processed and in the warehouse waiting to be picked up. So I guess it has been waiting for over a week.

I appreciate that they got more orders than usual but this seems ridiculous.

Here is a hint to all involved: When Duke wins a National Championship in basketball than alums and fans all over the world will want to order gear. It would be a good time to expect many many more orders than normal.

I can imagine what they will do when Cut brings home the BCS in football.

SoCal

stillcrazie
04-20-2010, 04:32 PM
Last weekend was Alumni Weekend so I am sure the orders were through the roof. I was very impressed with how fast the lines moved at the store in the Bryan Center and how well stocked they were.

JStuart
04-20-2010, 04:42 PM
Last weekend was Alumni Weekend so I am sure the orders were through the roof. I was very impressed with how fast the lines moved at the store in the Bryan Center and how well stocked they were.

As we were in line earlier after the championship win, my wife commented, 'Duke sure knows how to separate you from your money quickly, and efficiently'.

Incidentally, Durham area denizens who are interested in the commemorative issues of Sports Illustrated, and USA Today, the Krogers off of I-85 (Northpointe) has several stacks of them in the magazine section, coffe cups and Steins in the central miscellaneous section, and many copies of the April 12th SI with Scheyer and Zoubeck on the cover. Barnes and Noble has a less impressive collection in their Southpoint store.

baby-face dawkins
04-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Got my "order has been restored" t-shirt today:D

Chris4UNC
04-25-2010, 12:11 AM
You will no doubt get your best stuff online. Not that I have looked for it but I have seen little in the way of Duke National Title merchandise. It is out there but not as much as I expected.
http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/

GLTBD
04-25-2010, 08:17 AM
Got my "order has been restored" t-shirt today:D

Where did you get it?

DukeGirl4ever
04-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I finally received all of my orders (except 1 tee that is on backorder from DukeStores).

I'm kind of disappointed because I usually wear Large and the Larges are HUGE. I went to re-order the one shirt on Football Fanatics and it is completely sold out, so there goes that idea.

Also, the shirt I got from Duke Stores is AWFUL! The color is not the same as on the web site and the design is off-center (and I'm not talking a few centimeters - I'm talking about 2 inches and it is slanted)!

I can tell they were really rushing to get the orders filled, but I would have rather waited for another week or so and had a quality product rather than having to waste more money on shipping.

It's days like this that I REALLY wished I lived in North Carolina.

calvindog
04-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm kind of disappointed because I usually wear Large and the Larges are HUGE.

Speak for yourself! :)

DukeGirl4ever
04-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Speak for yourself! :)

:D And I just had my gall bladder removed and my gut is in a constant state of "bloatedness" so you'd think the shirts would be ok! HA!

Honestly, though, the Nike and Adidas shirts seem to run bigger, so maybe the other brands are more true to size.

WiJoe
04-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Also, the shirt I got from Duke Stores is AWFUL! The color is not the same as on the web site and the design is off-center (and I'm not talking a few centimeters - I'm talking about 2 inches and it is slanted)!

You should send that shirt back and a) try again or 2) get a refund.

DukeGirl4ever
04-25-2010, 12:57 PM
You should send that shirt back and a) try again or 2) get a refund.

Oh I definitely plan on it. I just feel like now I'm wasting more money on shipping. I am going to call them tomorrow and hopefully they will not charge me extra shipping to send it back and then again to send a new/different shirt.

blazindw
04-25-2010, 03:08 PM
Oh I definitely plan on it. I just feel like now I'm wasting more money on shipping. I am going to call them tomorrow and hopefully they will not charge me extra shipping to send it back and then again to send a new/different shirt.

Just give them a call and explain what happened. I had a similar experience in the past, and they were very understanding and made sure the problem was fixed at no cost to me.

DukeDiva
04-26-2010, 06:20 PM
Recent post by Kyle on twitter. Hopefully we will have another shirt to purchase soon!

KyleSingler
Working On A T-Shirt Design!!

Indoor66
04-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Recent post by Kyle on twitter. Hopefully we will have another shirt to purchase soon!

KyleSingler
Working On A T-Shirt Design!!

What does one do or be to become a Duke Diva? :)

DukeDiva
04-26-2010, 08:04 PM
It is just a nickname I have gotten over the years...Probably because I live in KS and not a KU fan:rolleyes:

DukieInKansas
04-26-2010, 10:30 PM
It is just a nickname I have gotten over the years...Probably because I live in KS and not a KU fan:rolleyes:

So I qualify, too!

DukeDiva
04-27-2010, 09:07 AM
So I qualify, too!

Of course;)

diesel
04-27-2010, 09:46 AM
I'm toying with the idea of rubbing the message home. I didn't think I'd ever wear the icky blue color but I think I might like to wear a lighter blue T with the inscription:

UNC. NIT Runnerup 2010.

Any other takers?

calvindog
04-27-2010, 10:55 AM
I'm in.

DukeGirl4ever
04-27-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm toying with the idea of rubbing the message home. I didn't think I'd ever wear the icky blue color but I think I might like to wear a lighter blue T with the inscription:

UNC. NIT Runnerup 2010.

Any other takers?

I'd wear something like that if it had "UNC 2010 NIT Runner-up" on the front in small letters and "DUKE 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS" on the back in big bold letters.

That would be sweet! You could do a white tee with the crappy color blue lettering on the front and DUKE blue lettering on the back.

diesel
04-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Sorry to disagree but I don't think one should add something about Duke being NCAA Champs on the back of the T. That would give the game away. A stealth T is needed. UNC fans would find it difficult to complain about "UNC: NIT Runnerup 2010" on the front of a T in their icky blue color. Given their SAT levels are less than ours, some might even take this as a compliment!

DukeGirl4ever
04-27-2010, 09:15 PM
Sorry to disagree but I don't think one should add something about Duke being NCAA Champs on the back of the T. That would give the game away. A stealth T is needed. UNC fans would find it difficult to complain about "UNC: NIT Runnerup 2010" on the front of a T in their icky blue color. Given their SAT levels are less than ours, some might even take this as a compliment!

I agree....I just have "friends" that are the biggest donkeys in the world and would love every chance I get to rub it in.
Either way is fine by me! :D

Mulder
04-27-2010, 09:37 PM
I picked this one up for a good price. The material isn't as durable as I thought it'd be. But it's a nice look.

http://www.shopdukestores.duke.edu/webitemimages/106/49014-t.jpg