PDA

View Full Version : One Shining Moment - Complaints about the official one, plus a better alternative

ChrisP
04-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Did they REALLY need to put in that clip of Lance's hard foul? Come on!

GoingFor#5
04-06-2010, 12:03 AM
LOL c'mon let's just be happy!!

ChrisP
04-06-2010, 12:07 AM
Sorry, I forgot that the happy police patrolled these boards. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Ok, I got it.

DevilHorns
04-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Sorry, I forgot that the happy police patrolled these boards. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Negativity is not allowed at any time. Ok, I got it.

You're right. Eh. Haters gonna hate. Editors have bias too. Who cares. We did it. WE DID IT!

banneheim
04-06-2010, 12:08 AM
I don't remember them flashing back so many times to the singer. I thought most of the clips were of the players.

Mr Blue Devil
04-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Horrible One Shining Moment. No need to keep showing Jennifer Hudson and her version was HORRIBLE!

aro24
04-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Horrible One Shining Moment. No need to keep showing Jennifer Hudson and her version was HORRIBLE!

Agreed! I believe they showed more clips of Jennifer Hudson than they did of duke players.
What ever happened to the David Barrett version?
Note to CBS -> use the KISS method - simple works :D

ARo24

SharkD
04-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I don't think they've ever shown the singer during the One Shining Moment montage.

And I'm a bit put off by the fact that they chose to show Jennifer Hudson, instead of a tip-off.

And it wasn't so much Lance's "hard foul" as it was Hayward's awkward fall following Lance's reach-in foul.

chrisheery
04-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Worst one shining moment ever. I feel cheated good thing we have that little old national championship to fall back on.

Poincaré
04-06-2010, 12:25 AM
I don't think they've ever shown the singer during the One Shining Moment montage.

And I'm a bit put off by the fact that they chose to show Jennifer Hudson, instead of a tip-off.

And it wasn't so much Lance's "hard foul" as it was Hayward's awkward fall following Lance's reach-in foul.

The horrible OSM almost ruined the night. Almost...but NOT! Nothing could ruin this!

That said, "The ball is tipped" should coincide with the ball being tipped. What was up with Jennifer Hudson being shown there (and at other times)? Vandross' version shows him, too, but it was tastefully done. Of course, the singer has no place in the OSM video. I propose that one of our many technically proficient Blue Devils (maybe Singler or Thomas) make a better one using the Barrett or Pendergrass version.

David
04-06-2010, 12:28 AM
I am glad someone started this thread. Very weak OSM. Didn't like the vocals, didn't like the cuts to the singer, didn't like the editor's choice of highlights. Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln? Oh well, a minor annoyance on an incredible night.

pamtar
04-06-2010, 12:29 AM
I don't remember them flashing back so many times to the singer. I thought most of the clips were of the players.

Thank You. I dont give a pottymouth about that anorexic pottymouth. I LOVE the OSM, and the tournament replay it provides. That's why I watched 91,91, and 01 repetitively today!

Newton_14
04-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Worst one shining moment ever. I feel cheated good thing we have that little old national championship to fall back on.

You read my mind. Let the haters chew on that Natty earned with Brian Freaking Zoubek sealing the deal!!

From here on out, I am going with OldNavy's and my late momma's method's. Embrace the hate. (From OldNavy) And Kill them with kindness (Momma God Rest Your Soul!)

So thanks CBS. That was funny how you showed 1 Duke play and it was a foul by Lance and a flop by Chitwood. Funny.

Love you ESPN, Love you too Gottlieb! Easy or not it is a Natty baby! Sleep well Doug!!

Oh and FYI, Zoubs has as many rings as Hansflop!!

TampaDukie
04-06-2010, 12:31 AM
What ever happened to the David Barrett version?
Best version ever. The only version, IMO. Maybe we should start a campaign to bring it back.

basket1544
04-06-2010, 12:35 AM
I've seen how the OSM should happen for the last couple of weeks and every time I saw it in my head it started the same way - with Zoubs on the tip. When that didn't happen I screamed and I'm just going to continue playing my version in my head.

CrazyNotCrazie
04-06-2010, 12:57 AM
As evidenced by the awful changes to One Shining Moment and the proposed plan to expand the tournament to 96 teams, people clearly don't understand the concept of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I didn't want to see Jennifer Hudson, I wanted to see basketball clips. That and the awful alternative camera angles they kept using during the game both really annoyed me, though are a drop in the bucket compared to the thrill of the win!

Jackson
04-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Best version ever. The only version, IMO. Maybe we should start a campaign to bring it back.

I agree completely! THAT version gives me goosebumps. The Luther Vandross one was horrible and the one tonight was even worse. I still remember when it was played after the 1992 game...SO much better than now. Oh well, guess we just have to settle for a National Championship!

bluedevil007
04-06-2010, 01:33 AM

It really took you out of the montage with the constant cuts to Hudson. Two thumbs down. Plus, there weren't enough Duke highlights! A real let down.

DevilDawg
04-06-2010, 01:52 AM
The Lance foul is also on constant replay on ESPN as if it was a game-changing moment or something controversial. I think the networks keep using it to ginup fake controversy. Hell, Clark Kellog said over and over it was fine and the refs even took a second look on the monitors. Why is there some incessant need to harp on a simple foul where Hayward simply fell awkwardly?

TampaDukie
04-06-2010, 01:57 AM
The Lance foul is also on constant replay on ESPN as if it was a game-changing moment or something controversial. I think the networks keep using it to ginup fake controversy. Hell, Clark Kellog said over and over it was fine and the refs even took a second look on the monitors. Why is there some incessant need to harp on a simple foul where Hayward simply fell awkwardly?
No less an authority than Doug Gottleib said on ESPN News that the slow-mo replay makes the foul look worse than it really was, and it wasn't intentional.

Every now and then, he gets one right.

juise
04-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Here's the video (http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/play/cbssports/RuDl8ORpcBa7TrwoBSulOBI_zNxcd_si%20?tag=coverlist; coverlist_footer) for anyone who didn't get to see it.

The final game highlights included zero big plays by Duke.

bjornolf
04-06-2010, 02:28 AM
Beat me to it. I was just about to ask if anyone else noticed that every highlight of the final was a Butler highlight. Even the last one is a missed half courter by them. What's up with that? We had NO good plays as Champs?

weezie
04-06-2010, 03:09 AM

Hey! No problemo...at least you're not a wanker for saying it!
AHAHAHAHAHA, I'm cracking myself up!!!
Love you ChrisP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DevilHorns
04-06-2010, 03:11 AM
I propose that someone on DBR who is tech-savy create a new one shining moment for this year.

Come on, you know you want to do it. :D

Dr. Tina
04-06-2010, 03:51 AM
I thought the OSM montage was horrible! I feel cheated. For one, the Jennifer Hudson version sucks! I really hate the way she sang it. I also didn't think we needed all the shots of her singing it. I prefer the original. More importantly, however, I was really upset with the complete lack of respect they showed the DUKE program....the 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS...by showing very little of the game to begin with, BUT, to add insult to injury, they showed only BUTLER's highlights!!! I felt like they put that crappy OSM together, with the hopes that Butler was going to win and then threw a few shots of our guys celebrating when they realized Duke was going to win. I LOVE OSM and look forward to it every year. CBS can bite me now after ruining both the song and the highlights for me. I feel CBS's treatment of our guys in OSM really speaks to my feeling that CBS wanted Duke in the title game for ratings only and wanted Butler to win it all. Why else would you showcase the runner-up like that and not the champion?!!?! Disgraceful!!!!

Eckster
04-06-2010, 07:00 AM
Worst one shining moment ever...

I texted the exact same words to a buddy at the end of the game! Oh well. I'll take the win and a bad OSM over the opposite.

camion
04-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Beat me to it. I was just about to ask if anyone else noticed that every highlight of the final was a Butler highlight. Even the last one is a missed half courter by them. What's up with that? We had NO good plays as Champs?

Could be forshadowing. It may very well be Butler's one shining moment. I'm pretty sure we will have others. :)

diveonthefloor
04-06-2010, 07:50 AM
I propose that someone on DBR who is tech-savy create a new one shining moment for this year.

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(You beat me to it.)

I'm pretty sure that as long as it's not produced for sale (copyright stuff), it's perfectly legit for anyone to take the REAL OSM rendition, and blend it with more appropriate highlights. Then share away (for free). It would be a labor of love for any tech savvy fan to do!

Mr Blue Devil
04-06-2010, 07:58 AM
CBS should not be allowed to broadcast sports.

One Shining Moment was bad, their coverage was bad, their constant butt kissing of Butler was bad too.

And how about at halftime interviewing Da'Sean Butler from their halfcourt stage with fans, announcers, and half time shows BLARING in the background?

But in the end, DUKE ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!

jdj4duke
04-06-2010, 09:26 AM
CBS should not be allowed to broadcast sports.

One Shining Moment was bad, their coverage was bad, their constant butt kissing of Butler was bad too.

And how about at halftime interviewing Da'Sean Butler from their halfcourt stage with fans, announcers, and half time shows BLARING in the background?

But in the end, DUKE ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!

Yeah but the interview with Nolan's mom was great. She is dynamite.

DukieInKansas
04-06-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm glad I wasn't the only one that hated the cuts to the singer. The singer is not important in the video montage beyond their voice. I thought they tried to get at least one clip of each team in the montage? There were no clips of Kansas.

DukeDevil
04-06-2010, 09:53 AM
We were all complaining about it at the game! I actually noticed that there didn't seem to be a single Duke clip until about a third of the way through (I haven't rewatched it yet to confirm) and from what I recall there were almost no, if any, shots of duke...SCORING, it was us hugging each other...cool but how about a play or two?

Upon a rewatch I noticed the devil in the start, although we were annoyed that it ended on...butler's missed shot? Seemed weird.

Although I'd forgotten about that moment when Singler and that guy from Purdue(?) got ALL up in each other's faces!!!!!

DukieInKansas
04-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Didn't get much coverage of them cutting down the nets, either. They commented on Werner the official ladder of the NCAA. I think there was more air time of the ladder under the basket than of any Duke players actually on the ladder. I only remember seeing Zoubs.

Rudy
04-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Anybody notice that Taylor King was the face of Villanova in the piece?

whereinthehellami
04-06-2010, 10:14 AM

I love to see one to.

TampaDukie
04-06-2010, 10:52 AM
I was listening to my NPR Pop Culture Podcast this morning and, coincidentally, the last segment was about "One Shining Moment." The piece could not have been more ironic, given the general sentiment of this thread. The producer of OSM justifies all the reasons for the switch to Jennifer Hudson (and I love Jennifer, so I'm not trying to pile on) and says that "no one" will be disappointed once they hear her version and see the finished product. Wow, did he ever misjudge that one.

Link (http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=125542418)

jaredv23
04-06-2010, 11:25 AM
I agree, this OSM pretty much sucked. My OSM, however, is that Duke is the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!! I am so frickin happy I can't even concentrate at work.

JasonEvans
04-06-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah but the interview with Nolan's mom was great. She is dynamite.

She is a wonderful lady, but that interview belonged in the pre-game. The Da'Butler interview too was misplaced at halftime. I want analysis and experts talking about what happened and what happens next. Interviews with people who cannot hear what anyone is saying are worthless at halftime.

CBS is terrible.

OSM was just pathetic. I love the great moments (especially buzzer beaters and big shots) and I like seeing some of the emotion of the teams, but the video needs to be dominated by the teams that made the Final Four -- especially the teams that make the finals and the TEAM THAT WINS THE TITLE!! They have the ultimate shining moment. CBS forgot that and put together something oh so lame. There was not a single positive shot of Duke accomplishing anything in a game. Weak!!

If someone edits a new one that is waay better, I will gladly donate a few coins to fund their effort. I suspect wee can get a nice pot going for this ;)

--Jason "CBS does do a nice job at the Masters" Evans

PADukeMom
04-06-2010, 11:39 AM
I could care less who sang what or what was shown. All I care about is WE ARE CHAMPS & CAROLINA ISN'T!

CrazyNotCrazie
04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
I expressed my hatred of this OSM further up (and I feel very strongly about this). I think CBS might have realized that basketball junkies such as those on this board would watch regardless, so better to appeal to the more marginal viewer who normally wouldn't stay up but wants to see Jennifer Hudson, i.e. a colleague said his wife stayed up with him to watch the game and would have gone to sleep immediately afterwards but wanted to see Jennifer Hudson - she could care less about the basketball clips.

Onlyduke
04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Terrible, terrible "One Shining Moment" ...... which should be about basketball, not a music video of Jennifer Hudson!

NSDukeFan
04-06-2010, 11:44 AM
OSM was just pathetic. I love the great moments (especially buzzer beaters and big shots) and I like seeing some of the emotion of the teams, but the video needs to be dominated by the teams that made the Final Four -- especially the teams that make the finals and the TEAM THAT WINS THE TITLE!! They have the ultimate shining moment. CBS forgot that and put together something oh so lame. There was not a single positive shot of Duke accomplishing anything in a game. Weak!!

If someone edits a new one that is waay better, I will gladly donate a few coins to fund their effort. I suspect wee can get a nice pot going for this ;)

--Jason "CBS does do a nice job at the Masters" Evans

I think I have watched every OSM since 87 and always felt they were a great ending to the tournament. I agree with the sentiments here that this was the worst ever with little representation from the champs. The one clip I really did like was Kyle nose-to-nose with (Butler?)

RaineyDevil
04-06-2010, 11:47 AM
I was hoping I wasn't the only one that thought this years OSM was horrible. After I shocked my heart back into beat, I looked forward to nothing more than OSM and God was it horrible.

arnie
04-06-2010, 11:50 AM
And there was a serious omission - I didn't see a single Carolina player during the the video.

82-50

ndkjr70
04-06-2010, 12:42 PM

Haha you're acting like you're peed that Duke won. Chill a little! We are the best team in the nation!

pfrduke
04-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Check out Wikipedia's current entry on One Shining Moment (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Shining_Moment).

(In case it changes soon, relevant portion quoted below):

Notable artists to sing "One Shining Moment"

Barrett was the original artist, but CBS has also broadcast remakes by Teddy Pendergrass (1994-1999) and Luther Vandross (2003-2009). It is believed to be the last song Vandross recorded before his stroke and subsequent death.[citation needed] A version by Jennifer Hudson was unfortunately used for the 2010 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament. It ruined an otherwise great tournament. Whoever produced the video in 2010 felt the need to show Hudson as if it were a music video, and it should cost CBS the rights to future tournaments if there's any justice in the world.

CDu
04-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I was pretty disappointed in it. I was explaining to my wife that it is a nice recap of the tournament, with a culmination for the champion in their one shining moment. She had never seen one of them before. I made her watch it, and at the end she said "that was stupid." And I had to agree.

As has been said, there was too much of Hudson and not nearly enough basketball highlights. And, as has been said, there were basically no positive moments highlighting the team that won the tournament. We saw a bunch of great moments for teams that we beat (Cal, Baylor, WVU, and Butler), but the closest thing to a positive highlight for us was the "face-to-face" with Singler and WVU, and then the team celebrating on the floor. The only other highlight I can remember was the Thomas foul on Hayward. Weak effort for the one-shining moment video crew.

Oh well. It doesn't detract from winning the championship!

mcdukie
04-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I am a one shining moment fan. I even double checked to make sure my DVR was still recording. On a whole, it was TERRIBLE!! Way to much J. Hudson, who I like by the way, and not nearly enough ball. I do agree that I loved the clip of Singler and the guy nose to nose. Very disappointed.

TampaDukie
04-06-2010, 04:28 PM
ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/10400/cbs-notices-one-shining-moment-criticism) notes that even CBS News (http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/06/entertainment/main6368332.shtml) has an article about all the flack OSM is drawing.

blueprofessor
04-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Link:http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/blog/the_dagger/post/Jennifer-Hudson-s-One-Shining-Moment-was-a-tra?urn=ncaab,232438

Calls it a train wreck...she shouted the lyrics...took over the choreography...and was shown 7 times at the expense of video clips of tourney action.
A complete disaster.
The writer/critic ---- hilarious,brutal.

Best regards--Blueprofessor:)

BobbyFan
04-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Nothing more needs to be said about this year's version - it was a complete disaster.

But I've also noted that for a few years now, CBS has stopped their tradition of leading into One Shining Moment with Golden Street (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LjU0VTNTb0). They would usually play it while showing the players cut down the nets, with which it was the perfect blend, and also the perfect lead in to OSM. I can't even count how many times I've watched the 1992 version, although I can't find it on youtube.

chrisheery
04-06-2010, 06:24 PM
I just watched some old One Shining Moments because I followed a link to one. They were so awesome. So much thought and preparation went into each one. This years was just unbelievably bad. Like they forgot they had to do it until 5 minutes before it had to be on the air. The winning team deserves to be spotlighted in the OSM. That's kinda what OSM means, right. And not having a jump ball with the ball is tipped or someone running hard for "running for your life" is just so pathetically stupid. It makes me angry.

Could someone with free time and sweet video editing equipment make us a real OSM for this years tournament featuring our team? We'd all love you for it.

78Devil
04-06-2010, 06:33 PM
Agree that this year's OSM had too little basketball and too much Hudson
Disagree that she sang poorly. Liked her singing. We just didn't need to look at her.
Was very disappointed at how little Duke was in it.

Johnboy
04-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Nothing more needs to be said about this year's version - it was a complete disaster.

But I've also noted that for a few years now, CBS has stopped their tradition of leading into One Shining Moment with Golden Street (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LjU0VTNTb0). They would usually play it while showing the players cut down the nets, with which it was the perfect blend, and also the perfect lead in to OSM. I can't even count how many times I've watched the 1992 version, although I can't find it on youtube.

Man, that's the way to do it. Why do they always have to fix something that's not broken?

juise
04-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Man, that's the way to do it. Why do they always have to fix something that's not broken?

Agreed. It would be nice if they focused on some things that are broken. *Cough* Unbearable camera angles. *Cough* *Cough*

Eckster
04-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Agreed. It would be nice if they focused on some things that are broken. *Cough* Unbearable camera angles. *Cough* *Cough*

Yes! OMG that flying camera from high above was horrible! No perspective. I was screaming at the TV! I love it for football but not in these games!

SeattleIrish
04-06-2010, 08:49 PM
<comicbook guy voice>
Worst
OSM
EVER
</comicbook guy voice>

She has a nice voice. She should not appear in the video.

It really did suck.

Fortunately, the song followed a game that was amazing. One lousy song sure doesn't dampen my enthusiasm :D

s.i.

vlove
04-06-2010, 11:04 PM
as bad as this version of OSM was, even worse was the embarassing diddy opening montage. at one point i was hoping that z would plant him with an elbow during the video & be done with it

DevilHorns
04-06-2010, 11:09 PM
as bad as this version of OSM was, even worse was the embarassing diddy opening montage. at one point i was hoping that z would plant him with an elbow during the video & be done with it

Not a Diddy fan in general, but I kinda liked it. The opening hyping montage is expected.

The butchered OSM is not.

JBDuke
04-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Now THIS is more like it. Classic version (Teddy P.?), no shots of the singer, and lots more DUKE. You know, the CHAMPS?!?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad03DNJzuPw

This guy deserves some kudos for one-upping CBS.

DevilHorns
04-07-2010, 12:29 AM
Now THIS is more like it. Classic version (Teddy P.?), no shots of the singer, and lots more DUKE. You know, the CHAMPS?!?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad03DNJzuPw

This guy deserves some kudos for one-upping CBS.

Excellent! I'm not sure if he added clips, I think he didn't... but he definitely deleted some clips (noticed the Taylor King clip was gone)

Genedoc
04-07-2010, 08:41 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad03DNJzuPw) is what most of us were looking for Monday night instead of that joke of a Jennifer Hudson video. CBS should be embarrassed that a kid with editing software can do overnight what they failed so miserably to do.

Let's make this thing viral. I'd love to see this with a few million views.

fisheyes
04-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Much better!

Thanks!

BlueDevilBaby
04-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Just make the last scene one of the team and Coach K holding the trophy. Otherwise, much, much better!

UrinalCake
04-07-2010, 09:41 AM
Much better music, but where were the comet streaks showing up behind the balls? And there were surprisingly few Duke game highlights. Oh well...

aimo
04-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Geez! SO MUCH BETTER!!!! Whoever came up with the idea of having Hudson sing it, THEN have her splashed all throughout the video, should be fired. Teddy Pendergrass rolled over in his grave Monday night!

CBS should redo it, and yes, add the trophy scene at the end.

Eckster
04-07-2010, 09:45 AM
That's what I wanted and expected! Hope it goes viral and catches the eye of CBS sports execs.

Rudy
04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
I didn't mind Jennifer Hudson's singing it. I like her singing. But there was no good reason to spend so much of the short video on her, even though I think she's pretty. It's about the kids and not the entertainer. CBS misjudged its audience.

_Gary
04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Fantastic job! Thanks for making that a much better "Shining Moment." The only thing I would have done is go back and use the earlier 90's version of the song, which I liked better than the "raspy" voiced one. But other than that, and maybe the team holding the trophy, the one you created is light-years better than the horrid thing we had to hear Monday night.

Gary

NSDukeFan
04-07-2010, 09:53 AM
That's what I was looking for Monday night. I was looking for highlights of the tournament, including the championship team and not Jennifer Hudson (though I think her singing is fine, that's not why I was watching.)

OZZIE4DUKE
04-07-2010, 10:07 AM
This (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad03DNJzuPw) is what most of us were looking for Monday night instead of that joke of a Jennifer Hudson video. CBS should be embarrassed that a kid with editing software can do overnight what they failed so miserably to do.

Let's make this thing viral. I'd love to see this with a few million views.

That's what I wanted and expected! Hope it goes viral and catches the eye of CBS sports execs.
Great job! And yes, Duke holding the trophy at the end would make it perfect.

BTW, Sean McManus, head of CBS news and sports, is Duke class of 1977. I think I'll send him a link!

weezie
04-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Man, this is great. I cannot get through it without tearing up.
I don't think I will ever be able to!

Genedoc
04-07-2010, 10:24 AM
Fantastic job! Thanks for making that a much better "Shining Moment." The only thing I would have done is go back and use the earlier 90's version of the song, which I liked better than the "raspy" voiced one. But other than that, and maybe the team holding the trophy, the one you created is light-years better than the horrid thing we had to hear Monday night.

Gary

To be clear, I had nothing to do with this. I was just forwarded the link and posted it here.

NashvilleDevil
04-07-2010, 10:31 AM
YES!!! Well done. Gave me chills.

WiJoe
04-07-2010, 10:31 AM
F A N T A S T I C ! ! ! !

Thanks for the link!
:D

Bluedog
04-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Here's another (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igKlLyAvSEk)one.

MChambers
04-07-2010, 10:38 AM
But I still don't like seeing that last shot by Hayward. Looks even closer than I remember. (I was afraid it was going to go in this time.)

DukeDevilDeb
04-07-2010, 11:48 AM
There is almost a total lack of Duke here... not even a shot of the team and coaches when they accepted the trophy.

Does anyone have an e-mail to CBS Sports where we can suggest that they go back to the drawing board and release a revised version?

Danke Shane
04-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Not only is it lacking in Duke, but it was way too heavy in showing people crying. I thought the whole thing was kind of a downer.

Also, was it just me or were cheerleaders from other schools a lot more tramped up this year?

Devilsfan
04-07-2010, 05:26 PM
CBS should be ashamed for the ruining One Shining Moment. I think they should do it again and get it right this time. It's not supposed to be a music video. What sports fan wants to see a singer's face or hear a washed up announcer's voice instead of seeing historic memories from the tournament. I now really want ESPN to get the tournament. There probably is no connection with the fact that the head executive of CBS Entertainment is a Carolina grad. Just my opinion.

BlueHeaven
04-07-2010, 06:12 PM
This was what I wanted Monday night! Thanks!

dukeimac
04-07-2010, 06:38 PM
I bookmarked it (for my UNC friends especially).

Ima Facultiwyfe
04-07-2010, 07:07 PM
BLESS YOUr HEART, JB!!!!!!!!!
Love, Ima

JBDuke
04-07-2010, 07:15 PM
BLESS YOUr HEART, JB!!!!!!!!!
Love, Ima

Wasn't mine, either, Ima - I just got a link in an email and figured folks here would much rather see this version. If you like it, I'd suggest leaving the guy a comment on the YouTube site.

Devil07
04-13-2010, 02:19 PM
I hadn't seen this in the thread, but Duke Blue Planet posted this greatly improved version of One Shining Moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrurx57Jlsk

By FAR the best version I've seen :D

tbyers11
04-13-2010, 02:24 PM
I hadn't seen this in the thread, but Duke Blue Planet posted this greatly improved version of One Shining Moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrurx57Jlsk

I just watched this too and was going to post a link but you beat me to it. I must say that all-Duke One Shining Moment was awesome. They even used the Luther version.

noyac
04-13-2010, 02:54 PM
I liked the one on Blue Planet. I just can't get enough of video or articles related to this Duke team.

jacone21
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM

Sweet. Now that's how you do it.

weezie
04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
this greatly improved version of One Shining Moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrurx57Jlsk

Absolutely fantastic. Great job Planet Duke Blue...I want to live on that planet!

I'm going out and buying a Werner ladder this afternoon. Just for the fun of it!