PDA

View Full Version : One More Year!!!

Channing
04-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Come one back Nolan and Kyle...You Know You Want To!!!!!!

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-06-2010, 12:01 AM
WE CAN REPEAT NEXT YEAR, MARK MY WORDS!!!! LET'S GO DUKE Yeah

GoingFor#5
04-06-2010, 12:06 AM
I hope they just do what they think is best depending on their draft status and the lockout situation. It would be nice to have them back, but I won't be upset if they decide to leave.

JayBean
04-06-2010, 12:41 AM
Just a gut feeling, and I wish him the best in whatever he does. But he has nothing more to prove on this level. Put another way, what does he have to do to improve his draft status significantly? Of course, all this depends on who else is in the draft...

Again, he should do what is best for him.

strawbs
04-06-2010, 12:43 AM
i think nolan stays and kyle goes. Kyle had a great final four, and his stock probably won't get much higher.

Richard Berg
04-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Kyle put on an amazing show of virtually unstoppable curls, turnarounds, and stop-n-goes this weekend. I'd be shocked if he stays in the 40s on draft boards for much longer. I wish him the best in whatever he & Coach K decide is most prudent.

I'd love to see him play another 30-odd games for Duke, of course, but I'm also not foolish enough to think his presence guarantees anything. Look at 2002.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-06-2010, 12:50 AM
One more Year!!!!!!!!

Big Pappa
04-06-2010, 12:51 AM
I really think that Nolan will stay and I am hoping like cameronCRAZY that Kyle will decide to stay. What a game and what an amazing season. I'm already ready for next year and having the target on our chest even bigger.

DevilHorns
04-06-2010, 12:51 AM
If Kyle wants to go, I wish him the absolute best and I hope he feels no pressure at all to stay for one more year. We of course would love to have him, but I really REALLY hope he boosts his draft stock to a lottery.

bluedevil007
04-06-2010, 01:30 AM
i think nolan stays and kyle goes. Kyle had a great final four, and his stock probably won't get much higher.

I agree. Nolan stays and Kyle probably goes (although I hope I'm wrong).

CA Cameron Crazie
04-06-2010, 01:41 AM
I wish them the best in whatever they choose, but I can't blame both if they test the waters. I think Nolan will end up coming back and Kyle will leave. Had the Baylor game been his last game, then he would have come back, but he's had two strong games and a national championship. Like they said, he doesn't have much left to prove.

BleedsP287
04-06-2010, 01:44 AM
I think Kyle could be NPOY next year if he returned and had Kyrie dishing to him and the MPs in the middle.

But I wish all the guys the best in the after-life regardless. They'll do great. They are Dukies after all.

superdave
04-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Kyle's biggest weakness is his ball handling. Look at how Hayward seems to be much more of a guard than Singler. Playing the 3 in the nba will require Kyle to be a much better ball handler to accompany his improving shot selection and D. He could use another year, but should test the waters.

Spam Filter
04-06-2010, 02:12 AM
According to the Sporting News.

Nolan was asked tonight after the game and said he isn't even considering going.

Singler's answer was that he isn't sure yet.

I expect Kyle to go, and I hope Nolan stays.

If he goes we'll have no seniors and only 1 junior (Miles) next year, and last time that happened was 2007 and we saw what a struggle it was for underclassmen to play without having older guys to guide them.

Link to the story:
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-06/nolan-smith-says-hes-returning-for-his-senior-season-duke-kyle

papa whiskey
04-06-2010, 03:30 AM
According to the Sporting News.

Nolan was asked tonight after the game and said he isn't even considering going.

Singler's answer was that he isn't sure yet.

I expect Kyle to go, and I hope Nolan stays.

If he goes we'll have no seniors and only 1 junior (Miles) next year, and last time that happened was 2007 and we saw what a struggle it was for underclassmen to play without having older guys to guide them.

Link to the story:
http://www.sportingnews.com/college-basketball/article/2010-04-06/nolan-smith-says-hes-returning-for-his-senior-season-duke-kyle

Nolan will be a senior.

juise
04-06-2010, 03:33 AM
Nolan will be a senior.

When he said "If he goes," he was referring to Nolan. I originally read it as Singler as well.

Starter
04-06-2010, 03:45 AM
I think Singler goes, which none of us could begrudge him considering they won the title and he was a major part of that. (Nor could we regardless) The horrible labor situation in the NBA would lead me to believe he would want to get in at the current salary structure, and begin getting paychecks before the whole thing crumbles down.

Regardless... what a brilliant career he's had. Singler, right from the start, was a major contributor. He went toe-to-toe with a veteran Tyler Hansbrough when Duke won in Chapel Hill his freshman year. He's always had a preternatural court sense and a fantastic shooting stroke. And I always liked the poster's signature on this board that said, "Singler is iron." What a tough kid.

DukieInBrasil
04-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Kyle put on an amazing show of virtually unstoppable curls, turnarounds, and stop-n-goes this weekend. I'd be shocked if he stays in the 40s on draft boards for much longer. I wish him the best in whatever he & Coach K decide is most prudent.

I'd love to see him play another 30-odd games for Duke, of course, but I'm also not foolish enough to think his presence guarantees anything. Look at 2002.

Granted, nothing is a given, but that 2002 just lost perhaps the best team leader Duke has ever had in Shane Battier. Duke will lose 3 very team-oriented players, including the exceptionally good floor leader Jon Scheyer and 2 hardcourt warriors in Z and LT. However, Duke has to be the prohibitive favorite for the Title next year if both Singler and Smith stay, plus the arriving Fr. class.

DukieBoy
04-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Ed Davis had a great Final Four last year and he came back.

But he also greatly decreased his draft stock accordingly

I think Nolan stays regardless.

As for Kyle, I could see it either way. He seemed like a 4-year guy when recruited, but he won't get much higher than FF MOP.

Good luck to whatever you two decide

Channing
04-06-2010, 08:56 AM
this draft is going to be loaded with everyone and their mother coming out early to beat the labor situation. Kyle is projected late first round/second round right now, and that isnt likely to go up too much imo. If he stays next years draft will be much weaker, as a lot of players will have jumped ship early. Even under the new structure, I find it hard to believe that a top 10 pick won't be better off than a 2nd rounder this year.