airowe
04-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Channel 613 on DirecTv.

Dukeknights
04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
anyone know what channel on cablevision

BlueintheFace
04-02-2010, 03:18 PM
(All Paraphrased, but pretty close to direct quotes)

Q: Shouldn't you guys be loved more?
LT: I think the guys in the past have put that on us with their success. We always have a target on our back and we are used to it.

Q: Last time you guys played this team, they said a lot of things about how they didn't respect Duke.... Joe Mazzulla slapped the floor. Do you guys remember that and use that?
Jon: We really are not using it as a payback thing. We are a different team.

Q: Brian, you played against Wellington Smith, he said he kind of got the best of you, but your team won. Do you remember that?
Brian: My team won and that is really all that matters to me

Q: One of the perceived weaknesses of that team that lost to WVU was rebounding. Can you talk about how that has changed.
LT: We are a different team. I took it personal... We got killed on the boards... rebounding is a mindset and we have the right mindset.

Q: Jon, what is the best piece of advice you have received from a coach, and does it apply to the game tomorrow.
Jon: Always follow your instincts.

Q: What challenges do WV zone present? How do you attack that?
K: Length and athleticism. They take away vision and instead of looking at them, you have to focus on who you need to pas to. We feel confortable attacking it in practice, but you can't simulate it. You can't simulate length and speed.

Q: Your profession keeps changing. Guys have to now market the program and coach and graduate kids. You and Tom have done it well. When you look at Tom's program, how do you think he does it.
K: Talent and Continuity. He is very good and has stayed there for awhile and been able to develop a real program. He has been a great ambassador for the school. If you are at a school for a long time, you become more than just a coach. You become an Ambassador.

Q: A lot has been made of you being here before with more talented teams. How do you take that commentary?
K: This team doesn't have the talent of Battier, Dunleavy, Williams etc... I don't take offense to that. It's true. It's a compliment to say we have been here before. This is just a good basketball team and this is their moment. The other teams don't matter because they are in their moment right now.

Q: How has Nolan effected this team on the floor and off with the influence of his father?
K: Nolan can speak to his father. Nolan is a different player than the others in that he can break you down. He is an unsing hero, because everyone sees his scoring, but he is also our on-ball defender. He guards the ball AND scores 18ppg... that is a good guy to have on your team.

Q: What are some of the fond memories you have of Indianapolis
K: It was our 1st championship in our fifth final four. At that time, I thought Indianapolis was a good city to have the final four because you can walk around and see the Final Four all the time and it is such a great city.

Q: Mike, you just stated that the talent is not as good as it used to be and yet the public's fascination remains high. Why do you think that is?
K: Because in college you are always playing for the name on the front of the jersey. There is no one player or coach that is bigger than the college game. People around the country can all identify with that. That being said, there are a lot of guys in the Final Four that will be in the NBA.

Q: IT seems once again, Duke is being cast as the hated team in the Final Four. There was a picture of you in the Indy star with the horns. What did you think of that.
K: I thought it was a doodle at first. I thought the horns made me look better. Honestly though, I think it was kind of juvenile. My grandkids didn't like looking at it. It is what it is. It's very juvenile. We have great kids that go to school and graduate and win. If you don't like a team that does that, you will just have to deal with that. If you have a problem with it, keep drawing pictures. Try to do it a bit better than that though.

Q: Can you talk a bit about your relationship with Huggins?
K: We are good friends. Our wives are really good friends. We used to go on Nike trips together. When Jordan did his fantasy camp in vegas, Bob and I both did it and became friends. I like Bob a lot and think he is one of the really good teachers in the game.

airowe
04-02-2010, 03:20 PM
anyone know what channel on cablevision

Try 776. It's actually CBSCHD

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-02-2010, 03:20 PM
On comcast it's 732

sleepybear
04-02-2010, 03:24 PM
Timewarner RDU channel 327

Dukeknights
04-02-2010, 03:58 PM
i found it, thanks guys.

CameronBornAndBred
04-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Channel 613 on DirecTv.
I had no idea I had that channel. It looks like they show practices again starting tonight at 9:30. All-star game on now.

DukeUsul
04-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I had no idea I had that channel. It looks like they show practices again starting tonight at 9:30. All-star game on now.

Nor I. I also learned this week that a friend from high school I haven't talked to in a while is married to one of their main hosts, Adam Zucker. You know TV has gotten awesome when you can watch basketball practice on the tube.

roywhite
04-02-2010, 10:05 PM

Yeah, good stuff; just this week they had replays of Duke Purdue and Duke-Baylor, a Final Four welcome show where Jim Nantz presided and all the teams and players were introduced, plus a number of commentary shows. During the season, Seth Davis has a weekly college hoops show.

Cameron
04-03-2010, 04:50 AM
How'd Dre look?

CampbellBlueDevil
04-03-2010, 10:34 AM
I watched the practices and I was able to see Seth Curry shoot the ball around. Out of the three jump shots I saw him take, he made all three. Can't wait to see him out on the court next year.

oldnavy
04-03-2010, 10:51 AM
How'd Dre look?

More importantly perhaps is how did Kyle look? How is his wrist? Any reports?

airowe
04-03-2010, 12:52 PM
More importantly perhaps is how did Kyle look? How is his wrist? Any reports?

Kyle's wrist is fine. Discoloration was due to a tight tape job.

oldnavy
04-03-2010, 02:59 PM
Kyle's wrist is fine. Discoloration was due to a tight tape job.

Thanks, we are going to need him to score I feel.

Cameron
04-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Dre might be more important in this game than some think. I'd like to know how he looked. His threes against Baylor stopped what could have been a run from the Bears we could not have overcome. That's how dire the situation was when Dre stepped in and buried those 25-footers.

It's obvious that Kyle is important.

hedevil
04-03-2010, 04:41 PM
I didn't get to catch the open practice. I'm sure they do plenty of sets with the regular rotations, however, I'm curious as to what some of the other matchups are when they scrimmage. Do they put Nolan on Jon at times which would obviously help Jon's play versus other guards? Lance on Kyle, etc.. etc.. I'm just trying to get a vision for what practice looks like.

tele
04-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Dre might be more important in this game than some think. I'd like to know how he looked. His threes against Baylor stopped what could have been a run from the Bears we could not have overcome. That's how dire the situation was when Dre stepped in and buried those 25-footers.

Looked like Dawkins had extended his range on those two shots. Reminded me of during the Olympic run, Kobe was in a shooting slump from three point land and Coach K told him to shoot from farther back. He said he had to remind JJ to move back at times too to avoid crowding the line and defenders. Maybe Coach K told Andre this too?

Cameron
04-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Looked like Dawkins had extended his range on those two shots. Reminded me of during the Olympic run, Kobe was in a shooting slump from three point land and Coach K told him to shoot from farther back. He said he had to remind JJ to move back at times too to avoid crowding the line and defenders. Maybe Coach K told Andre this too?

That's interesting about Coach K and Kobe. I hadn't heard that. Thanks for sharing.

I hope so. Dre has such a powerful jump shot. I mean it's pretty damn wet when he's doing his thing. But I've always thought it curious that he almost never shoots from anywhere BUT right on the line. He's going to have to either build the confidence or ability to shoot from deeper out (22 to 28 feet). I'm guessing with the type of talent Andre is, the problem is probably the former.

Hopefully Coach K's words of wisdom have changed this. Andre is going to be a special, special talent for us. He already is.

oldnavy
04-03-2010, 07:54 PM

Agree, I didn't mean to imply otherwise, I just had not heard anything about Kyle's wrist.

I would love to see Dre drop a couple of deep three on the 1-3-1.

Cameron
04-04-2010, 02:38 AM
Maybe Dre's saving up for that championship Dunleavy spurt that another poster alluded to earlier in the week? :)

Dre, this is your chance to shine baby. Take it. I will be there cheering you on:)

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-04-2010, 02:40 AM
Maybe Dre's saving up for that championship Dunleavy spurt that another poster alluded to earlier in the week? :)

Dre, this is your chance to shine baby. Take it. I will be there cheering you on:)

HAHA let's hope so, he didn't get any good looks last game, so let's hope he get's a lot our next one.

tycoon01
07-27-2010, 11:24 AM
Channel 613 on DirecTv.

I'd like a tshirt made from you... can you email me at mattlazar at mac?