PDA

View Full Version : What are you wearing?

Duke Mom
04-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Just got back from the park, did a brisk two miles wearing my vintage blue Duke T shirt. Got a couple of "Go, Duke!"s. Says Duke in big letters with a picture of the blue devil on it, kind of a lighter blue than most. Plan on wearing a Duke T shirt tomorrow, Saturday ... Sunday and Monday (clean one each day!). Hope all you fans are getting those Duke T's out!

TobaMom
04-01-2010, 06:11 PM
My kids and I have been wearing Duke shirts every day this week. This morning my 6th grade son went to school in my "1991-1992 Back to Back Champions" shirt. He said he wanted to "rock it old school". Each day the principal seems shocked to see how vast our Duke wardrobes are . . .

El_Diablo
04-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Hopefully this isn't a moms-only thread...

I changed into a white Duke shirt at halftime of the Purdue game. I think we played a lot better afterwards. Right before the half of the Baylor, I changed into it again. The next play = Dawkins 3-pointer. We had a strong second half again. I'm bringing that shirt to Indy.

Right now, I'm wearing a black Duke t-shirt. Go Devils!

Eckster
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Duke vs. Kansas National Championship 1991 T-shirt.

My son is wearing Singler's 17-0 "OUR HOUSE" t-shirt

juise
04-01-2010, 06:33 PM
I pulled out my Duke trucker hat at halftime of the Baylor game to try to induce a second half rally. I bought the hat in San Antonio at the 2004 final four, but it was after Duke had already lost, so I don't think there's any bad mojo associated with it. I haven't decided on a garment strategy for Saturday yet.

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-01-2010, 06:49 PM
I have lots of Duke blue and white outfits! Some of the local Wake folk and the more outspoken Carolina folk don't even notice... which is fine with me. I'm in my own royal blue world!

When I was in the grocery store today, I was quietly humming "Devil with the Blue Dress On". ;)

basket1544
04-01-2010, 08:28 PM
I've been wearing dark blue t-shirts of various styles all week, but now that the weekend is upon us I will break out the actual Duke shirts.

rthomas
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I wear a "You can talk the game but can you play the game?" referring to Michigan's Fab 4 every day - I sleep in them and I have several.

But I have to say that I just bought WVU-Duke final four shirts today. They were nondenominational.

Dr. Tina
04-01-2010, 08:30 PM
I have lots of Duke blue and white outfits! Some of the local Wake folk and the more outspoken Carolina folk don't even notice... which is fine with me. I'm in my own royal blue world!

When I was in the grocery store today, I was quietly humming "Devil with the Blue Dress On". ;)

My ring tone is currently set to our Duke Band's rendition of "Devil with a Blue Dress On"...FYI... :)

Also, I have been sporting the Duke apparel most of the week. I'm wearing my Coach K's 1000th game t-shirt right now. I'm planning on wearing Duke stuff the next few days for good luck.

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-01-2010, 08:33 PM
The same underwear since the acc tourny started!!!! That's called a fan. JPJPJP

tonymac
04-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Started wearing my 2001 Duke hat after the Maryland loss, have worn it for every game since. The karma is strong from that lid!!

CameronBornAndBred
04-01-2010, 08:44 PM
I have a Duke hat on. That's it. :eek:

weezie
04-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Original Gangster NCAA 1991 Midwest Regional Basketball Sweatshirt
Duke-connecticut-ohio state-st john's

Most Powerful Sweatshirts Ever!

Duke Mom
04-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I have a Duke hat on. That's it. :eek:

In your birthday suit wearing nothing but a Duke hat? Well, at least the weather's gotten warmer. :)

Hey, whatever brings our boys good luck! Go for it!

Devil in the Blue Dress
04-01-2010, 09:30 PM
My ring tone is currently set to our Duke Band's rendition of "Devil with a Blue Dress On"...FYI... :)

Also, I have been sporting the Duke apparel most of the week. I'm wearing my Coach K's 1000th game t-shirt right now. I'm planning on wearing Duke stuff the next few days for good luck.

So is mine! It announces my arrival. ;)

Cameron
04-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Circa 1996 blue Nike Duke game shorts and a black "Duke University" tee that I got from the Duke apparel "vault" inside the K Center two summers ago, given to me by Mr. Kenneth King. Great guy. (Thought I'd plug that:))

I will be wearing my white Nike Duke shorts on Saturday, which I have been wearing for each game since the ACC quarters. Folks, you can thank me when the season is over.

BlueHeaven
04-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Wrapped in my quilt of old (I think the new word is "vintage") Duke tees from college circa 84-88. Worn Duke wear all week! Go Devils!

Dukeknights
04-01-2010, 10:10 PM
this week I have worn a grey Duke T-Shirt, 2 Blue ones with white writing, a dark blue one with black writing and my Duke boxers and shorts.

I am seriously considering buying Duke socks.

studdlee10
04-01-2010, 10:20 PM
I've worn the same gray "DUKE" shirt every game day since the 32-pt UNC game. I am a former baseball player, so I'm a pretty superstitious guy when it comes to stuff like this, so I will continue to wear that same shirt (unwashed) until we are hoisting that trophy, hopefully!

Newton_14
04-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Had to go up to the church tonight to practice for the Easter Drama Sunday morning. (I am the sound technician at my church). I knew a couple of my youth guys who are huge unc fans would be there helping set up the stage they would surely sneak out to catch their boys in the JV tourney against Dayton.

So just for them I wore a black Duke T-Shirt with my black JJ Road Jersey over the T and my favorite Duke hat on. They were tortured!

Going with my white Duke Golf shirt for work tomorrow. Have not decided on Saturday yet. Most likely will be in my gray Duke T-Shirt for the big game with my black road uniform shorts.

Oh and still sticking with the Barney Fife Hex buster to protect Jon from shooting woes. I did it at the half of the Purdue game and Jon broke out in the 2nd half. Did it again Sunday against Baylor. Two times. Once after Jon missed a couple in the first half and then again at halftime. Jon was deadly afterwards both times. So I will most definately do it as many times as needed Saturday night!!

Go Duke!!

NovaScotian
04-01-2010, 10:56 PM
this thread is wayyy less sexy than the title makes it sound.

Monday - Bobby Hurley (sacramento kings)
Tuesday - Grant Hill (detroit pistons)
Wednesday - Cherokee Parks (dallas mavericks)
Today - Christian Laettner (minnesota timberwolves)
tomorrow/game day - Duke away #42 (in honor of Shavlik Randolph)

terrih
04-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Flying back home to Seattle tomorrow from Denver. Will be wearing a final four shirt that I ordered from GoDuke Monday and had delivered to the hotel! On Saturday, I will be wearing the same jeans and t-shirt that I wore last game. Along with a Duke hat-but the hat is only on in the 2nd 1/2!

Crazy things us fans do!

-bdbd
04-01-2010, 11:07 PM
Ummm, saw that headline on this string and thought I might have gone to the wrong type of chat site... Getting a little risque are we????

That aside, I too have some lucky garb that I like to wear during the NCAAT. Every game day I wear my dark-Blue nice DUKE (with Devil head on side) long-sleeve sweatshirt (could be kinda sweaty this weekend...). And always the classic dark-blue hat with the white D on the front (unfortunately not a popular hat around DC...looks too much like something Tony Romo might wear in Big-D.

Heck, I'm even sleeping in my Fuqua T until we win this thing! My wife just shakes her head....

Buyt if we make the Finals, I expect we'll have the whole extended family decked out in Duke garb.

;)

Duke Mom
04-02-2010, 05:16 PM

Tuesday - Grant Hill (detroit pistons)
Wednesday - Cherokee Parks (dallas mavericks)
Today - Christian Laettner (minnesota timberwolves)
tomorrow/game day - Duke away #42 (in honor of Shavlik Randolph)

Actually, your list is pretty hot!

BlueHeaven
04-02-2010, 06:09 PM
Got my Final Four tshirt in the mail today! Not taking it off until after the game tmorrow night!

Eckster
04-02-2010, 06:19 PM
I wear a "You can talk the game but can you play the game?" referring to Michigan's Fab 4 every day - I sleep in them and I have several.

But I have to say that I just bought WVU-Duke final four shirts today. They were nondenominational.

I used to sleep in my "You can talk the game..." T-shirt too but it basically disintegrated and was replaced by a "I said no to Dean!" t-shirt that also disintegrated over time. It's good to sleep in Duke apparel and dream of winning championships!

Hurley2Hill
04-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Hopped over to campus and picked up the dark blue Final Four T with all 4 teams on it, I've rocked that once this week. Black Duke hat is constant. Other shirts this week include an '01 championship T and the el cheapo Duke Football T's they had at the bookstore this season. Tomorrow gametime will be my home Grant Hill jersey followed, hopefully, by the home Laettner on Monday night!

noyac
04-02-2010, 09:41 PM

That is funny I have the retro blue and white Kings Hurley jersey and the purple and black one still.

I will be wearing the 2001 National Championships shirt under my Duke > UNC shirt. I have worn the Duke> shirt for all of the tournament games and it has done well. If we win the National Championship I have to retire the shirt because it is getting holes in it just from washing it.

PumpkinFunk
04-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Duke pep band rugby with GTHC shirt under it one game, and 2010 ACC champs shirt under it another game. There's good karma from both of those two for me, at least at games this year.

rsvman
04-02-2010, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=NovaScotian;389834]
QUOTE]

That is funny I have the retro blue and white Kings Hurley jersey and the purple and black one still.

I will be wearing the 2001 National Championships shirt under my Duke > UNC shirt. I have worn the Duke> shirt for all of the tournament games and it has done well. If we win the National Championship I have to retire the shirt because it is getting holes in it just from washing it.

"Simple Math" is my favorite Duke t-shirt. I always wear it for the Carolina game.

I haven't decided about tomorrow's game yet.

Lid
04-02-2010, 10:53 PM

I have a new Duke blue pedicure, does that count? :)

Dukeknights
04-02-2010, 11:26 PM
just put on the lucky Duke blue boxers!!

noyac
04-02-2010, 11:41 PM
Oh ya I forgot I always wear my Duke socks that I wore on my pilgrimage to the mecca that is Cameron Indoor.

Merlindevildog91
04-03-2010, 07:47 AM
Duke hat to walk dogs. Duke Law golf shirt for the day. "Cameron Indoor Stadium is open for business. And business is good" T-shirt at game time.

Buckeye Devil
04-03-2010, 07:59 AM
White t-shirt with the Duke basketball logo on the front and "The Best Things in Life are Blue and White" on the back.

Rogue
04-03-2010, 08:55 AM
I'm not trying to hi-jack this sexy, what are you wearing thread lol, but it doesn't seem to matter in my home,, what does matter is the DUKE, EXTRA HEAVY KUZA CUP I USE,, and the brand beer I have in it,, I won't mention the brand, but I didn't have it for G'town or Md and,, well,, you've seen the result.. Well stocked for this evening. No, I won't even mention the brand because it's not even my favorite, but we have a mission and goal here, and it won't be messed with over taste for at least two games.

Now, back to those sexy DUKE, GO DUKE, GTHC tees etc :D

GOOOOO DUKE

weezie
04-03-2010, 09:06 AM
but we have a mission and goal here, and it won't be messed with

You, sir, are a tribute to Duke fans everywhere!

Now back to me, as I straighten the laces in my sequined Duke Blue Converse sneakers, smooth out the wrinkles in the long sleeve T, and fold the Duke flag into the Duke sports sack in order to take it into Lucas Field.
Let's GO Devils!

tdrake51
04-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Nolan Smith Jersey at game time!! Wore it last weekend and seemed to work out for him! Lets Go Duke!!!!

Dr. Tina
04-03-2010, 12:08 PM
For game day...I'm wearing my white Duke hat, blue Duke t-shirt, black Duke mesh shorts (it's warm out in Upstate NY...YAY!), and blue and white spirit beads! I've been wearing Duke shirts the past few days to get ready, too! GO DUKE!!!!

oldnavy
04-03-2010, 12:27 PM
I have a new lucky shirt. It is a black t-shirt with Cameron Crazies on the front in blue letters outlined in white, and the Duke Basketball Logo on the back. I have a pair of Duke blue and white basketball shorts (revesible, solid blue on one side, b/w on other) that I wear during game time. I also have a new Duke BB rally cap, that I break out when needed. I have not worn either hat or shirt anywhere other than during the actual games, so I have not needed to wash the shirt which of course would change the luck of the shirt! :eek: I tried wearing a white Duke t-shirt with DUKE in navy letters across the front, but we started losing against Purdue when I had it on, so I changed into the black one. ;) Since then we have been on a roll....

p.s., I hid the t-shirt from my wife just to be sure she would not wash it, she is such a tarheel fan, she would do it out of spite.

kmspeaks
04-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm wearing a Duke basketball t-shirt and black road uniform shorts right here in the middle of Mountaineer country. All the staff in the restaurant this morning had on their WVU gear and were offering 15% off to anyone wearing the same. Needless to say I didn't get offered a discount.

Duke Mom
04-03-2010, 01:13 PM
You, sir, are a tribute to Duke fans everywhere!

Now back to me, as I straighten the laces in my sequined Duke Blue Converse sneakers, smooth out the wrinkles in the long sleeve T, and fold the Duke flag into the Duke sports sack in order to take it into Lucas Field.
Let's GO Devils!

Soooo funny!!!! Great post!

HaveFunExpectToWin
04-03-2010, 05:31 PM
"Then There Was One" white Duke 2001 Champs shirt. I wore it during the regionals and at the Carolina game, so I gotta keep it going.

So pumped!!!

Duke Mom
04-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Walking in the neighborhood today wearing my Duke T, got 4 "Go Dukes!" - which is a lot for my northern city - and then - walking towards me, there they were ... three young guys - two who were wearing MARYLAND T shirts. As we got closer to each other, our eyes locked on each others' T shirts and right there in public, they stopped ... pointed at me, and started to shout, "No, No!" and then started "Booing" at me! I just smiled and put up one finger (no, not the middle finger) to signify "number one!" Pretty funny! Getting booed in public by total strangers! Kinda liked it!

ONE MORE!

yootheman
04-04-2010, 01:38 AM
championship T-shirt from 1992, the one that shows the score and says national champions - AGAIN!

LSanders
04-04-2010, 01:46 AM
If I owned a t-shirt company, I would make an equal number of "UNC 2010 NIT Runner-up" shirts as I would (HOPEFULLY!!) "Duke 2010 National Championship" shirts, sell them side-by-side, and I'd make enough profit to send my kids to, uhm, Duke!!

Starter
04-04-2010, 01:52 AM
Rocking these for games... if they're good enough for Nolan, they're good enough for me: http://twitpic.com/1bguxl

And the same "West 4th St. -- The Cage" hat I wore during the Final Four in 2001 in Cameron. I'm not superstitious, but... you know, it can't hurt.

Eckster
04-04-2010, 10:06 AM
A lady at Costco on Saturday saw my Duke T-shirt and stopped me to ask if I thought Duke was going to win Saturday night. I told her I was totally confident and that it wasn't even going to be close. She got a big smile on her face, but not as big as the smile on my face later that night when I realized I was actually right! :)

weezie
04-04-2010, 10:18 AM
If I owned a t-shirt company, I would make an equal number of "UNC 2010 NIT Runner-up" shirts as I would (HOPEFULLY!!) "Duke 2010 National Championship" shirts, sell them side-by-side

Heck, print the Duke stuff on the front and the 'hole stuff along the bottom rear like they do with their uni shorts. They like to get "sat upon."

Wait a minute...I think we're onto to something!!!!:cool:

Duke Mom
04-05-2010, 12:23 PM
In an effort to relieve some game day jitters (I know ... it's impossible!), thought it might be fun to know what everyone is wearing/doing/ drinking today. Include any superstitious rituals!

As for me, I am...

Literally bleeding blue...

New Duke T shirt on and it's literally turning my skin blue. But it feels almost like a religious sign, spiritual, so don't try to tell me it's just a cheap dye job on the T shirt. For my team - today, I will walk around with blue skin.

9 Hours to blast off!:)

mph
04-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I picked up some Blue Moon Rising Moon this morning. I have no idea if it's a halfway decent beer, but I liked the symbolism. I'm wearing the same T-shirt and hat I wear for every game and since my kids are too young to stay up for the game, they'll be sleeping in their Duke gear.

Go Duke!

aimo
04-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Yesterday, since it was Easter, I wore my pink Duke tee and Duke basketball shorts. Today, tees not really an option, but I am wearing a Duke pendant that I dug up at my parents' house recently, one I've had since 2nd grade. I will most likely pull on some Duke garb when I get home to watch the game. HOPEFULLY, I will say screw the dress code tomorrow and wear something brazenly Duke, while making a quick zip onto campus to buy yet another championship tee!

FerryFor50
04-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Wearing my 1991-1992 Duke championship t-shirt. The one with the entire bracket on it.

gofurman
04-05-2010, 12:41 PM
no jinxes. please no woofing.

J_C_Steel
04-05-2010, 12:42 PM
My Cameron Crazies T-Shirt and my Duke hat.

Oh, and some high hopes. And probably some boxers.

CameronBornAndBred
04-05-2010, 12:43 PM
I went to the store this morning, and while I was in the checkout line, an older gentleman in probably his 70's looked over at me and said "Good luck tonight, I sincerely mean that. I'm pulling for you". I told him thank you very much for the thoughts.
I had one of my Duke shirts on, he was wearing a unc ball cap. That exchange has pretty much made me happy all morning.

J_C_Steel
04-05-2010, 12:44 PM
This:

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs433.snc3/24918_10150144263600284_615025283_11461684_762646_ n.jpg

Little Jack says "Go Blue Devils!"

Duke Mom
04-05-2010, 12:59 PM
What a cutie-pie!

(LOL, Does his mommy know you posted his picture on the internet?)

J_C_Steel
04-05-2010, 01:18 PM
[/SIZE]
What a cutie-pie!

(LOL, Does his mommy know you posted his picture on the internet?)

Nope. But what she doesn't know...

(NOTE: She does know that I put it on Facebook. It's all good.)

weezie
04-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Wow! Sign that big little guy up for a football scholarship! He is absolutely adorable!

mbd1mbd1
04-05-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm going with my navy "I was on the quad" shirt from 2001.

Our basement flooded with the big rains in the northeast last week, and in the cleanup effort I found a bunch of old Duke tshirts (including my GTHC shirt) and a big banner, which promptly went into the front window.

Jackson
04-05-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm wearing my dark blue DUKE shirt with blue Duke hat. We are unbeaten since I started wearing that particular combination.

SoCalDukeFan
04-05-2010, 03:59 PM
I am wearing the same Duke golf shirt I wore for rounds 2 and 4.

I wore another Duke golf shirt for rounds 1,3 and 5.

I have others ready if this one is not doing its job tonight.

Will be wearing a Duke sweatshirt when I go out.

Go Duke

dairedevil
04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
T shirt with embroidered D and Devil Head. Wore it to the ACC tourney in Atlanta 2001.
Pulled out the 1991 Indianapolis NCAA Championship shirt, but didn't want to jinx anything by making assumptions....
tomorrow, tomorrow..I'll wear it tomorrow......?!?!

dukenj32
04-05-2010, 04:28 PM
Bought a shirt off this guy walking around selling them on campus during the Carolina game: "If you don't bleed blue, take your b**** a** home." Was a little tipsy when I dropped $15 on it, and after the game I was like "ehhhh" for a day or two, but I've worn it every game since.

marinbobbyduhon
04-05-2010, 04:30 PM
I am wearing the same thing I wore on Saturday night - a royal blue blouse with the Kyle Singler 17-0 tee-shirt over it.

Go Duke!

DevilOfATime
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
My Portuguese Water Dog has her Duke Bandana on. I am wearing my Duke T-shirt. Also my cold water fish their tanks. I can change to different colors today is Duke blue lighting in their tank.

Duke Mom
04-05-2010, 05:09 PM
I am wearing the same Duke golf shirt I wore for rounds 2 and 4.

I have others ready if this one is not doing its job tonight

Go Duke

Lol, nothing like having a deep bench!

WordLife565
04-05-2010, 05:46 PM
my black nolan smith jersey

Welcome2DaSlopes
04-05-2010, 05:53 PM
My birthday suit

marinbobbyduhon
04-05-2010, 06:03 PM
My birthday suit

Well don't forget to put the air conditioner on so that you can turn blue!

DevilHorns
04-05-2010, 06:17 PM
Im wearing the exact same Duke shirt and jeans from Saturday.

PADukeMom
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
My 2001 Championship t-shirt & my inhaler. I am so nervous I can't breathe.

magjayran
04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I have a shirt that reads "My favorite two teams are Duke and whoever is playing Carolina." I have had it since 1986. It looked like a dress on me back then. It fits me well now.

upperseats
04-05-2010, 09:07 PM
I am wearing my grey Duke Basketball t-shirt that I have worn for every tournament game this year without washing it! We also make popcorn (same brand) and drink pale ale.

Hope it works tonight!!!

paul plumlee
04-05-2010, 09:22 PM
Shirt reads: Duke in black letters outlined in white with the duke logo over the words.