PDA

View Full Version : Events for Duke Fans in Indy

Pacer
04-01-2010, 08:59 AM
If a mod could sticky this until Monday, it would be appreciated....

Join us in celebrating Duke in the Final Four!

As the Duke team and fans come to Indianapolis for the Final Four, we want you to know some events set up by the Duke Club of Indianapolis. These events are in addition to the official Duke event on Saturday, April 3 from 2:30 – 4:30 pm at Victory Field. Click here (https://secure.www.dukealumni.com/olc/pub/DUKE/events/event_order.cgi?tmpl=events&event=2248064 ) for more details and to register.

The downtown Indianapolis Buffalo Wild Wings has been designated as the official gathering place for the South Regional Champions. They are located at 7 E. Washington St. in Downtown Indianapolis, a few blocks from Lucas Oil Stadium and one block south of Monument Circle. The bar has 8 big screens and 38 LCD TV’s; it’s as close to the action as you can get without a ticket to the game. It is smoke-free and open to families of all ages.

On Thursday, April 1st at 6:00pm they will host a live “chalk talk” with CBS Sports Analyst and Duke Alumnus Seth Davis ‘92, as he breaks down the NCAA tourney and his Final Four® predictions. Indiana Pacer and former Blue Devil Mike Dunleavy will be in attendance from 6-7pm.

On Friday, April 2, Duke has a practice at Lucas Oil Stadium that is free and open to the public from 3:10 - 4:00. Immediately following the practice, the Duke Club of Central Indiana will host a happy hour until 8pm for all Duke fans and alumni at the official gathering place, Buffalo Wild Wings. The first 100 fans wearing Duke gear will receive a free gift. There will be Blue Devil-themed drink and food specials available.

On Saturday, April 3, the downtown Buffalo Wild Wings will host the Hoops Watch event for fans without tickets to the game. The first game starts at 6:07pm. The Duke-West Virginia game follows.

On Sunday, April 4, the Indiana Pacers (with former Blue Devils Dahntay Jones, Mike Dunleavy, and Josh McRoberts) host the Houston Rockets (with Shane Battier). The Indiana Pacers have made an exclusive ticket deal available to Duke fans in town for the Final Four and members of the Duke Club of Central Indiana. It can be accessed at: https://www.pacersgroups.com/tickets/267/ The password is bluedevils. The game starts at 6:00 p.m.. Fans can gather before the game for a happy hour at Buffalo Wild Wings.

A pep rally will be planned for Monday if Duke survives the weekend. More information to follow.

jgtbh
04-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Good luck to the Duke Team in Indy. Every Duke Alum I met in Houston was total class from start to finish.

I'd love to start playing a non-conference game every year...think Coach K would be up for a Home and Home with the Baylor Bears? I'd love that...

weezie
04-01-2010, 12:16 PM
And everybody I met in Houston was wonderful and welcoming.

Nice work Indy Duke Club! We'll definitely be at the post practice happy hour on Friday!

tecumseh
04-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Where are people going after the game on Saturday looks like Buffalo wild wings?

HCheek37
04-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Any events going on Sunday in Indianapolis for Duke fans? How about Monday?

Want to try and take in as much of this final four before Monday nights big game!

Pacer
04-04-2010, 11:02 PM
BW3's mentioned a plan to have a pep rally there on Monday including the cheerleaders... We haven't heard whether this actually came together or not... Feel free to call BW3's and see what the plans are...

Otherwise, I'd recommend going to the Indy 500 speedway and visiting the museum and taking a bus-lap around the track.

devildeac
04-04-2010, 11:26 PM
1. Watch The Early Show on CBS on 4/5 from 7-9 AM. The cheerleaders will be guests.:D
2. There is a pep rally. It may be at BW3's but I've just got too many things to try and remember now.

PumpkinFunk
04-05-2010, 01:31 PM
There will be a pep rally at BW3's. It's at 6:30 PM. Band and cheerleaders will be there.