PDA

View Full Version : The schmingler

saxman717
04-01-2010, 06:17 AM
.......it comes from the darkest depths of Durham, eats Bears for breakfast and Tar Heels as a late afternoon snack, is hunted by Mountaineers in vain................

.................its name is known by few, but will be known by all after this weekend.................

.............it is.............................THE SCHMINGLER :eek::eek::eek::eek:

IBleedBlue
04-01-2010, 10:48 AM
He is also otherwise known as the Keeper of the ring a.k.a Lord of the Ring :)

Deslok
04-01-2010, 11:17 AM
He is also otherwise known as the Keeper of the ring a.k.a Lord of the Ring :)

And here I thought he was the Lord of the Dance... but I guess we are led by a Pole, not an Irishman.

allenmurray
04-01-2010, 11:26 AM
And here I thought he was the Lord of the Dance... but I guess we are led by a Pole, not an Irishman.

I don't think pole dancing is an appropriate topic for this forum.

saxman717
04-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I hope you all realize this is a *THREE*-headed beast capable of devastating courtside destruction.........................after vanquishing His challengers, He shall undergo a metamorphosis into a different, potentially even more devastating beast......

.......in Fall 2010, prepare for...........................THE SMIRVINGLER:eek::eek::eek::eek:

BlueDevilBaby
04-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I hope you all realize this is a *THREE*-headed beast capable of devastating courtside destruction.........................after vanquishing His challengers, He shall undergo a metamorphosis into a different, potentially even more devastating beast......

.......in Fall 2010, prepare for...........................THE SMIRVINGLER:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I sure hope the "ingler" part is true.

jwillrockyou
04-01-2010, 12:36 PM

that actually just makes me really sad that we're losing jon!

saxman717
04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I sure hope the "ingler" part is true.

"ing" for sure, "ler" ---- well, my money is on we keep the "ler"

saxman717
04-01-2010, 12:49 PM
I posted this on the Scout.com board as well......I'm headed to Indy this weekend and would gladly have a poster made up to take along and display in the Duke alum section of THE SCHMINGLER if anyone can photoshop up a picture of the beast....

.......if you haven't caught on, it's the three-headed monster comprised of Scheyer, Smith and Singler......

......if someone can come up w/ a good pic of the the 3 guys w/ their game faces on making up the 3 heads of a crazy beast, I'll kinko's a poster of it w/ something like FEAR THE SCHMINGLER and hold it up in the stands at Lucas Oil Stadium.

Anyone able to help out w/ this????

weezie
04-01-2010, 12:52 PM
I think we're all getting a little nutso here!

saxman717
04-01-2010, 12:54 PM
I think we're all getting a little nutso here!

Just wait til 3 days from now!!!!! It's the Final Four 2010, baby!!!!

weezie
04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
I may have to start carrying around a paper bag to breathe into!

BlueDevilBaby
04-01-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm stress eating already.

DevilWearsPrada
04-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I love it!!! Make a 3 headed player/monster and bring it to the Final 4. You will get on TV.

DukieInBrasil
04-01-2010, 04:16 PM
I nominated the 3 (Nolan, Kyle and Jon) to be known as Knolon Schmingler a couple of months ago, just for the record.

saxman717
04-02-2010, 08:05 AM
I nominated the 3 (Nolan, Kyle and Jon) to be known as Knolon Schmingler a couple of months ago, just for the record.

Yeah, if you search "schmingler", you can find a blogger who thought of it too ---- pretty funny........it must be the true name of the beast. I honestly came up with it with no external influences one night when I was watching a game with my wife and she pointed out how Scheyer Smith and Singler all had 'S' last names and that they were a three-headed beast.............then in about 5 seconds, the name SCHMINGLER came out :):):)

Great minds think alike:cool:

sagegrouse
04-02-2010, 08:37 AM
"Schmingler" is perfect for Blue Devil PR this season -- it gives short shrift to Nolan! The only letter uniquely his is the "m."

This needs a more working class approach. How about "Schinglersmith?" Definition: "master basketball builders." It gets all of Nolan's and Kyle's last name and most of Jon's. Jon drops a couple of letters (the "ey") because that's what a point guard does -- feeds the other players. :rolleyes:

sagegrouse

slower
04-02-2010, 09:10 AM

And it was a brilliant choice, somewhat reminiscent of Keyser Soze.

davekay1971
04-02-2010, 09:21 AM

I'm thinking next year we may see a terrifying 7 headed beast devouring victims in Cameron...

The Smirvinglerdawkurrumlee(squared)

Say that 5 times fast. Better yet...try to guard it.

saxman717
04-02-2010, 09:35 AM
I'm thinking next year we may see a terrifying 7 headed beast devouring victims in Cameron...

The Smirvinglerdawkurrumlee(squared)

Say that 5 times fast. Better yet...try to guard it.

LOL, or will it be the Dawkinglersmurrmlee???